TFC Toys Trinity Force (Road Caesar)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NECIO, Sep 30, 2016.

1. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Got my Raging Bull today. All my little parts seem ok, but I noticed something kind of weird. If you look carefully at the instructions, on the black plastic on his torso under the butterfly joint it looks like it should be flat the whole way back, with slots for the tabs on the bottom of the front end bits to secure on his back. Mine, though, has little raised areas that look like they have tabs on them... tabs that go nowhere, and no notches for the tabs on the front end parts, so they kind of just tuck back there and don't lock in place. I just checked out Bobby Skullface's review, and it looks like his copy is the same as mine. Aside from his backpack not really securing in robot mode, it doesn't look like it makes a difference (the little fold down parts that connect his back to the hood in leg mode are there). Anyone else notice this?

2. Rasheem Clinton

Rasheem Clinton Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    FB_IMG_1499392178032.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  3. connseanery

connseanery Well-Known Member

I contacted the seller from whom I bought raging bull and they said incorrect parts is a very common issue. They said they should get replacements in about a week or so.

I also tried to contact TFC-Toys via their after sales email and have not received a response yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

You're better off to go through your dealer as they (more often) will have an actual relationship with TFC as they have to request replacement figures and figure parts and can square you away. I've had several problems with past and present TFC figures and needed to lean on my retailer (TCP in this case) and they are able to take care of me better than if I tried to go directly to TFC. Just my 2 pennies.

5. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

My Raging Bull doesn't have any noticeable issues aside from one of the 6 clear light bulbs missing from the sprue. Honestly, I don't even care for such a small piece and don't feel like bothering my go-to retailer (The Chosen Prime). I already have a replacement part that I'm seeking through them (the Brestmaster partner for my TFC Aiakos has 2 left legs), which I feel is more significant.

6. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Has anyone done comparison shots between the TFC Brainmasters with Titanmasters. Would be nice if they're close in size.

7. Pikachu_King

Pikachu_King Well-Known Member

Not even close, tfc brain masters come up to a Titan masters knee/waist at the most.

8. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    Raging Bull's Brainmaster, a TR Titan Master, Generation Brainstorm's head, and a FansProject Headmaster.

• Like Like x 3
  9. 80sforged

80sforged Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Wow, does TFC's Brainmasters come with 'The One Ring' Yeesh!

10. ckhtiger

ckhtiger old skool fool

I finally opened mine. The main issues are missing any of the six headlight lenses, and the two black rear-view mirrors, right? Because I've got mine, and have had terrible luck over the years with qc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Igear recently teased Runamuck and Runabout in their G1 alt modes (Firebird and Lotus Esprit, respectively).
    Maybe that will get more people interested in making some versions of them.

The window is streaked out of the package.. There is no reason for the wiper to be movable (unless it's raining on him?). The streaks could've been avoided if the wiper was a stationary piece.

I ended up with duplicate passenger side, inboard tail light pieces. Other than that, just a little flash on the little pieces to take care of.

The brainmaster gimmick works as intended. Doubt I'll use it much though.
    The transformation of the legs was finicky with the door armature. It may get better after a few times.

He looks pretty cool in both modes, and he's just a tiny bit larger than MP Sideswipe or BC Sunstreaker in vehicle mode. If you're worried, just put a different car in between them and they'll look fine together.

12. Potchez

News Credits:
    These two came in at the same time

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192158 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192255 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192648 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

Is that brainmaster in scale with the ship and shockwave?
    [​IMG]IMG_20170709_192934 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_193022 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192909 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192845 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192800 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_193109 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_193046 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

He's so cute
    [​IMG]IMG_20170709_193154 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

With G2 Sideswipe
    [​IMG]IMG_20170709_192400 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192511 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_20170709_192533 by Dark Potchez, on Flickr

• Like Like x 3
  13. flamingunicron

flamingunicron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are the two big guns he comes up with identical? The instructions show them as mirror.

14. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    They're identical. The instructions also show him using another piece that the mirrored guns would connect to to make a foot, and Raging Bull doesn't actually come with it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TCJJ

TCJJ 105% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Really wanted Laster, but the more I look at him (especially seeing how fiddly he is to transform) and the more I read about the common issues, I'm not sure I want to buy him. I feel like if I'm going to spend that sort of money on something, it should be more refined (and seriously, why is some assembly required? That seems like something they should be doing at the factory). Plus, Braver looks kinda terrible.

I really want a modern Road Caesar but I think I'd rather wait for someone else to make one, even if it takes a long time. Which is a shame, because a week or two ago, I would have pulled the trigger on this for sure but I'm glad I didn't, because now I can spend the money on something I know I'll enjoy for sure.

16. Avathar

Avathar Well-Known Member

@TCJJ
    When it comes to TFC i think i iam always very critical but when it comes to Not Laster, Yes he is fiddely in transformation but its not so bad like say Badcubes Wardog. I would say you are pretty save with this one. Any other thoughts anyone?

17. SigmaOlympus

SigmaOlympus Member

I think so too. Fiddly but it has that certain charm to it. My only gripe is the brainmaster gimmick could be engineered better. Other than that, he's pure nostalgia for me. If I would grade it, i'll give a solid B.

18. kukuburd

kukuburd Eh?

Other than the slightly fiddly nature of some transformation steps, it's actually pretty well made. I was surprised at the heft and how...dense and compact it felt in alt mode. Even without diecast, the plastic feels solid and high quality to me. Could have skipped the glossy exterior, it doesn't really do much for me, but overall I'm pretty impressed with the build quality of this guy.

Also, ratchets everywhere. There's a surprising amount of ratchets in a figure this size.

19. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    His transformation is fun, I quite like it. My only issue is the gimmick. It sucks. I don't think I'll use the Brainmaster head again.

20. Potchez

News Credits:
    In regards to my duplicate taillight piece, this is what my supplier had to say:

"TFC told me that they will be in tf - 02 provides all of the missing parts"

So we may see taillight pieces included with the next guy.

IMG_20170709_192623.jpg

• Like Like x 2