TFC Toys Trinity Force (Road Caesar)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by NECIO, Sep 30, 2016.

1. CQCSnake

CQCSnake Well-Known Member

I was hoping for a blue visor like the toon.

2. jamarmiller

jamarmiller S.K.A.R. LEADER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    As was I , little disappointed that it's not

• Like Like x 1
  3. DoctorWho

DoctorWho Reformed Autobot

News Credits:
    Would you recommend not picking it up then? I like the look of it (and the character), but I'm not a fan of fiddly transformations.

4. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    Man, now I'm just sad that nobody's made a good MP-sized Runamuck or Runabout yet.

I just got Raging Bull/Laster. I'm having some real issues with TFC's quality control lately. His headlights are missing parts and I got two left taillights. When I bought TFC Ironshell/Snaptrap, I got one with two left hands. Anyone else having QC issues with Raging Bull or TFC in general?

5. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

That's a good question. He's definitely a disappointment from the perspective that he's not of the same quality (to me) of the Poseidon guys, which is what I was expecting. I don't think it's badcube level fiddly, but he's definitely not a "solid" transformer. Good deal of panels have to be aligned just right, and I'm sure it's going to be easy to break stuff (or lose pieces, like the translucent parts, that have gone flying when doing the transformation even though they seem to be plugged in).

If I had to do it over, I'd probably not buy it. If you're going to get it, I'd recommend waiting for an ebay flash deal to get it for closer to $60 than $80. In fairness, I also had issues with mine where I didn't get all of the translucent pieces, so I'm missing a headlight and a taillight.. that doesn't help my opinion much.

6. BrooklynBombers

BrooklynBombers Well-Known Member

Yes, that was exactly my problem. I got a spru with only 5 lights and two of the left outside tailights.

Edit: one other thing. The way mine came, the chest was impossible to open and the gimmick did not work. I had to push down from the head cavity to pop the chest out, then force the piece that holds the brainmaster's feet (with a good deal of force) toward the back of the bot. It was stuck leaning toward the front and was not staying on its track. Very odd, but appears that it is not fixed without any permanent damage.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  7. Seawing

Seawing Lurker of the depths Moderator

News Credits:
    Raging Bull/Laster just arrived and I am fortunate that I have no major QC problems at all. Sorry to hear that you got stuck with two left tail lights. The windshield wiper did scratch the windshield on my figure though. All four of the taillights on my figure was correct but one of them did launch off when transforming it. I did notice one of the headlights came off of the sprue while in the bag so be careful when opening the bag and dumping the parts out.

I purchased this one with an eBay flash sale so I am pretty happy with it. As for fiddly transformations, I didn't find it too bad but I did not transform it a full 100%. I did 80-85% to see if there were any defects with the figure before putting it back into alt-mode for storage. I didn't fold up the front fenders/wheels into the back and I didn't position the doors into the legs nor position one of the feet outside of the leg. The only really fiddly part I discovered was putting the foot back into the leg as it has to be positioned in a really specific way and the clearance around where it rests is very tight. Otherwise, I felt that the transformation was pretty intuitive and straightforward. My only real gripes are the light parts (headlights/taillights) that have to be glued in (glue and I don't get along) because they will get lost very easily and transforming the foot back into position for alt mode.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  8. Enderwiggen

Enderwiggen Well-Known Member

So, because of the way the shoulder is designed, the bicep swivel only works at right angles, IE arms straight down, straight forward ect. That seems like a pretty major over site. Also, the windshield wiper scratches the windshield. In addition to that, one the little red lights on the front bumper is missing on mine. Not TFC's best effort.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. mighty cyclonus

mighty cyclonus Well-Known Member

I love my Laster, no QC issues at all. Transformation is ok, not straight forward but also not difficult once you figure it out which tab goes to which hole. I won't imagine anything is gonna break. It's actually quite solid when everything pegs in.

As much as I love my Raging Bull, TFC really need to fine tune the face of Red Knight! It just looks bad.

• Like Like x 1
  10. connseanery

connseanery Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to email their after sales support successfully? Mine just arrived and is missing one mirror and one headlight in the plastic baggie.

11. Rodann

Rodann Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:

I had the exact same problem with the chest gimmick. In the end, I gave up because I wanted to swap out for the solid head anyway:/ But I was afraid to break it, and it was still disappointing.

I also temporarily lost one of the clear headlights that fell off the sprue. I was impressed that every one of the plastic headlights snapped in, but it took a lot of pressure. I'm surprised they're popping out. So I gave each one a drop of glue as well;) 

Ugh! My windshield is scratched from the wiper as well:/ And it was that way out of the box, since I never moved the wiper...... And that lack of more bicep swivel is frustrating.

As someone said, this one was not *quite* as impressive as the Poseidon members. But I don't regret buying him (as much as I do Transformmission's Stunticons- But I'm more critical of them lol).

12. Shelfwarmicon

Shelfwarmicon Needs More 'Cons

I got a copy with a goofed up Brain Master gimmick. It does work but the little platform for little guy moves around and flips the little guy out (or jams altogether) Ditto on the arms. Yes they have a wide range but its limited in just how its used. Still like it.

13. edgecrusher

edgecrusher Retro Active TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Why are you guys wiping a dry window? That can scratch a real windshield too you know. :) 

Dang, I must have missed the bicep swivel limitation when I handled one last week. My copy is still inbound.

• Like Like x 1
  14. BIOMEC

BIOMEC Terrorcon

This combiner will face my TFM Havoc in a deadly battle! :cool: 

• Like Like x 1
  15. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
  16. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Mine arrived. I like him a lot, I expected him to be a masterchug, but I am pretty pleased with him for my MP shelf. My only complaint is how insanely small the brainmaster is.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Jarrod

Jarrod Semi-retired Builder

News Credits:
    Agreed. Feels more like an MP than a Voyager Gen figure. And omg, that brainmaster is ridiculously small. Pretty sure I'm just going to pretend it doesn't exist, looks terrible in the car, and non articulated head is definitely a no go.

Also, count me in with those who received incorrect taillights and missing headlights....

18. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin TFW2005 Supporter

The bicep swivel limitation is infuriating in hand, I must say. It's such a dumb oversight that could have been avoided very easily and makes posing the arms a pain in the ass (no, I'm not bitter at all :lol ). On the plus side, the quality is fantastic. It's very solid and I love the glossy yellow and the tampos. The car mode is baaad ass.

It would be cool if TFC released new inner shoulder pieces to fix the limited bicep swivel. That would be swell.

19. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Crap, I didn't even check the parts yet.

20. ProtectronPrime

ProtectronPrime I don't want to set the world on fire...

Ebay:
    I purchased mine through the Chosen Prime. They're super helpful, but TFC's really terrible about replacement parts. That two-left-hand issue with Ironshell has been a problem for over 3-4 months, and I still don't have replacement parts yet.

Hopefully they'll be a little more forthcoming with Road Ceasar parts, especially given their sort of irritating choice to sell them with teeny weeny bits for the purchaser to assemble.