TFC Toys Old Soldiers OS-01 Ironwill (MP Ironhide)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by daimchoc, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Arycon

Arycon Well-Known Member

I like this Iron Hide, but will not buy him. Im strictly a MP collector. He is much too big to meet MP scale. From the photos he will be very close to the same size as MP-10. He looks like IDW stepped off of the page. Good look, but not for the MP shelves.

Agree that the head is amazing. Wow.

Pass for me. Im holding out for something like this with appropriate MP scale and not so much bulk, but without the classics look of iGear. I like their Ratchet and Iron Hide, but it just isnt close enough. Glad fo see 3P's taking on these characters though.

2. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yep. Though if they could change ONE thing, and it may just be because this is a proto, they need to reverse the elbow connection so the swivel peg is on the backside instead of in front.

[​IMG]

Though even if they don't, I doubt reversing the part in-hand will be an issue… just switch left/right out most likely.

3. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I noticed that, too, but since it'll be charcoal grey or black, I probably wouldn't bother if it doesn't get changed... Also, it might swivel by itself, and it's just an issue of posing...

I'm strictly mp collector too, but my idea of mp is more in tune with TT than the average poster here... I don't need it to be restricted to pure toon accuracy. Sideswipe is far from toon accurate. Mp10 is far from toon accurate... I'm going for the most idealistic representation of the characters. To me, this FEELS like Ironhide. He's someone who looks like he's got the cast iron manifolds to grapple with any seeker, any day. A true scale Ironhide would barely come up to starscream's turbine nipples™. This just looks like sooooo much win. Agree on the head. Absofrigginlutely perfect. Gonna pose him and the eventual ratchet in the back, surrounded by badcube minibots...

4. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Some other time..

News Credits:
    Hm, if it wasn't MP scaled I would totally but it and Ratchet.

5. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think you're over-estimating…

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My guess would be top of shoulder with MP-10 or just under…

ADDENDUM for better idea of fit into a "masterpiece" display:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 29, 2014
  6. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I feel the iGear version lacked something, not least of which was the overly 'scary' transformation especially in the legs. I have a feeling TFC will do a great job with this Ironhide. And part of me is glad to see them finally tackle an individual release versus only going for the combiners.

7. Richard McBeef

Richard McBeef Banned

I really feel like he will sell better for TFC if this were to happen.

8. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

For MP scale, that would be very close to perfect.

9. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Agreed... Ironhide was often shown in shootouts with seekers and/or soundwave, and this makes him a good size for brawling with them.

I know it's waaaay too early to discuss accessories, but I hope they take a
    Page from igear and have him come with big arse cannons. That was the one element of movie Ironhide i felt fit so well... G1 ironhide, for such a gang-ho military vet, was always woefully short on firepower...

10. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It actually looks like it will be pretty good. We will have to see when it has all its coloring

11. ss4steve

ss4steve Rogue Phase Sixer

Agreed.

I need to see a colored proto. There are structural elements of him that just GLARE at me right now that may "wash" with a colored version.

I am personally not too very concerned with QC. Having owned both Uranos and Hurc I have a good idea what they put out. They are pretty consistent, and that is for 11 individual figures.
    Their individual bots were always pretty stout. The combined form is where they struggled with their QC.

12. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Never!

My list for TFC and/or Dr. Wu:
    1. Dual pistols (more for Ratchet retool movie scene, Ironhide just has one).
    2. Glue gun replacement hand(s), the cool three-pronged ones.
    3. Jet pack with missile launcher (I know he doesn't use a jetpack, but he does fly and fire missiles… so I'm just reconciling incongruencies).
    4. Laser rifle.
    5. Big cannons (I could live without these, but they are modern conventions that have become expected).
    6. Chip Chase (preferably at 1/30 scale, bigger than Dr. Wu's Spike/Sparkplug or Doctor Arkeville).
    7. Liquid nitrogen "extinguisher" (for Curium ;)  )

13. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd prefer Liquid Nitrogen hand replacement personally :p . Or am I mixing that up with someone else?

It would be fun if the back hatch could open and there was room for MP BB to sit in the back firing that "missile launcher" as a laser cannon. I know he stood in the toon, but that is probably asking too much.

14. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know it was glue or epoxy in "Divide and Conquer" right after he used liquid nitrogen from a convenient "fire extinguisher" to destroy the wall it was hanging on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I can live without the alternate "horseface" head. ;) 

But he may have used liquid nitrogen in another episode as well… they all kind of had interchangeable "convenience weapons" early on.

15. Treadshot 2.0

Treadshot 2.0 Action Master

News Credits:
    Nope. Sorry

16. Curium

Curium Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I decided to look it up. Talk about "convenience weapons". I went ahead and copied each use of the nitrogen since that is what stood out to me.

From TFWiki:

^Water Gun name is from Ironhide's Transformers Universe profile.

^ Divide and Conquer

^ Countdown to Extinction

^ The Core

^ Desertion of the Dinobots part 1

^ Quest for Survival

17. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I'm bbqing carne asada right now, or I'd be on photoshop. Maybe tonite.

18. Skrunklemin

Skrunklemin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Looks like a great toy, but I also see this as an mp-scaled classics figure. Unfortunately, I have no interest in that. Yeah, I'm a snob with my MP shelf, but at least I admit it :) 

19. LazyAza

LazyAza MMC color go brrrr

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    If only more mp collectors were aware of this. I'm one of those weird people where I don't want 100% g1 accuracy but go too far off g1 and I care even less usually. So This figure goes right in to my happy place, g1 enough to clearly be ironhide, but not to the point of just being several flat boxes with no details ala most mps.

And I'm not doing anything so I'll knock up a digibash doods, give me like an hour :lol 

20. grimlockgravez

grimlockgravez Dinobot

News Credits:
    Something off about it, maybe to long of a torso?