TFC Toys NeckBreaker Fix!!!

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by vektsilver, Jan 24, 2012.

1. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

Maybe some of you have noticed Neckbreaker doesnt transform 100% that great into vehicle mode. I noticed that unlike Exgraver, Neckbreaker waiste does not tuck all the way forward. This issue causes the Shovel to break apart very easily and puts stress on the legs and hips in vehicle mode.

Examples of the problem.
    IMG_0422.JPG
    IMG_0421.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG

Example of the Fix ( just shave down the green plastic lip that is in the way )
    fixed.JPG

Result of the fix
    IMG_0423.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG

So as you can see the back piece rotates another click and half making the tread reach just fine and keeping them parallel to the body. This stops the legs from pointing outwards causing the shovel to split apart.

You should not have to shave down to much on that middle piece and if you eyeball it you can see exactly how much is making contact prohibiting the transformation.

Enjoy!!!

2. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I suppose it was to much effort to test them for errors 'before' they produced these things ?

3. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

FYI; no 'shave' is necessary (at least not in my case). Simply push down on the hip piece a little harder than you think might be necessary and it snaps down one more notch to fit properly into place. Not sure why TFC made it so difficult to get this hip piece to slide all the way into proper position, but sometimes tolerances aren't what they should be after the go through the manufacturing process.

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

Assuming it's a common problem, a hobby knife would be good for this. Just shave (don't got away) away until enough has been taken off. It's cleaner than sanding and less risky than an outright cut.

5. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How do you perform the shaving? What do you use?

6. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

^A hobby knife, but try Styg's advice first.

7. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah; no shave is absolutely necessary. Same thing with mine; applying proper force gets it into place.

8. vektsilver

well i actually did use a knife to take the lip off initially then sand till it clears then buffed it to smooth it. You can use a nail kit on it really just go gently with it.

as for the press harder recommendation, I can see that working for some but for me that did not work cause I assumed it was just the new plastic thing but I was pretty afraid of breaking it by applying more pressure than i was.

9. iphdtd

iphdtd The Wolfman's Brother

How much force are you talking? I put quite a bit of pressure on mine and was worried it would break with much more but it still didn't budge.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Just opened mine and was hoping someone had an answer for this. Good man, vektsilver! You have my thanks for posting this.

11. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there some bad QC issue that needs fixing for each one of these figures? :peoples: 

It's so unappealing to make a $600 investment into a toy and there are a bunch of issues that need DIY work.

12. cheapdate

cheapdate Banned

yes

13. Billzilla

Billzilla Skeptic

News Credits:
    So far the only issue that has definitely affected me is the original exgraver shovel-cracking problem, even my heavylabor's original hips seem pretty tight and squeak-free I've had him for quite some time. Madblender's knee joint could be tighter, but I wouldn't particularly categorize it as loose.

So, no. I'd say not.

14. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    shovel and the hips are all i've seen. so two figures out of six have flaws, so no not all, this one seems to be more of a tolerances issue,

15. CVprowl

CVprowl FREEDOM FIGHTER

what did you guys do about the plugs in scrapper chest? howd you get them in? or did you leave them out?

16. vektsilver

Glad I could help ;) 

I left em out didnt want to chance stress marks.

BTW for those of you looking as a 600 dollar toy I can't fault you but I have been looking at it as a $600 prebuilt model kit where they are shipping fixes that you dont get charged for ..... sort of.

I do plan on taking them apart and repaint and repair as Devastator was always one of my favorites but he Never had a better mold than G1. Movie devs was horrible especially the large one with no robot modes for the vehicles.

So I want this one to be showcase worthy in all forms so people will think its a model then realize its a full transformer. I know my non TF fan friends are awe struck about this figure already.

17. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Just press harder on the piece and it'll snap properly into place.

18. Goldbolt

Goldbolt Well-Known Member

worked for me

I'd also like to throw another vote in for pressing harder. I was confused at how the hips didn't seem to rotate properly and was wondering if shaving was necessary myself. After 15 minutes of annoyance I finally gave it a little more force and it popped right into place.

19. CankleBreaker

CankleBreaker Robot

I'm using alot of force and its still not clicking down :(  I don't wanna shave mine either.

20. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    Using all of my strength I could not get mine down. I had to shave it. The good news is, the amount you have to shave off is so miniscule.... it's sad really. Not even half the thickness of one of my fingernails and not even 1/4" long.

Couple this with the fact that mine came packaged with a loose blade pin (it was just rattling around in the box) that would not go in it's place and I was pretty pissed upon opening the box. Had to fix this with a screw since Captured Prey won't email me back.... fuckers.

I have 3 others (Madblender, Heavy Labor and Exgraver) and have no issues at all with those.

Anyway, this fix makes me feel 100% better so I'll be keeping the guy! Thank you very much for this!