TFC Toys Hades (Liokaiser)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Javier, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Yeah, he looks kind of gangly but they smaller size looks better on it then voyager sized limbs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    there is a listing on shapeways for cw to energon female connectors which should work and also for cw brawl to energon combiner pegs which should work as well

• Like Like x 2
  4. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Have you taken the plunge? I await to see your results :D 

5. Fenrys

News Credits:
    i havent yet, very tempted though haha, its been an internal struggle the last few days, im getting ready to move and not sure i could justify the cost :p  doesnt mean its not tempting though haha, currently ive turned my cw liokaiser into a 7 bot combiner, standard liokaiser, tfcc leozack folded up and plugged into liokaisers back and 07 movie hardtop repurposed and jallguar and given a gun mode (uses titans return triggerhappys guns) to be a targetmaster 20171124_200408970_iOS.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  6. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

No, he was just asking about how they looked together. I'm planning on doing this as soon as I can pick up both the TFC figures and the Hasbro set, though.
    For the Brawl mold, I'd suggest getting these as they will make them more flush and less gangly looking: CW Brawl To Energon Combiner Port Adapter by SteamShield on Shapeways
    Those and these for the arms: Combiner Wars and Energon female convert joint by chanponman on Shapeways

• Like Like x 2
  7. Fenrys

News Credits:
    those were the two connector sets i was eyeballing

• Like Like x 1
  8. Razor24

Razor24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to Robotoybase (Chimungmung) the add-on set is supposed to ship 31/12/2017

• Like Like x 1
  9. Líder Optimus

Líder Optimus Well-Known Member

I I don't have Hades, but I think that If you dismantle the socket you should be able to get the broken piece out.

10. Lodril

Lodril Poet of Destruction

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Is there a separate thread on the add-on? I've recently purchased the Hades set, but haven't shipped it yet, so I don't really have it in hand... are these improved joints? In ABS or similar, rather than 3D prints?

11. Max Tower

Max Tower Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I got the last part now - to scared to actually combine him though.

12. Razor24

News Credits:
    Not that I know of... I have only seen them discussed here in this thread. All I know is they are not made by TFC. I don't think we even know exactly what we are getting. The pictures are not very clear on what parts are included in the set from what i have seen. I think we just have to wait and see.

I too recently purchased a Hades set thanks to the BBTS Sale. It's currently en-route :D 

Why are you scared? He has some issues but he ain't going to explode in your hands.... Live a little dude :lol 

BTW for anyone that wanted the reprolabel set for these guys but was on the fence due to the price, now is the best time to get it!
    Everything is 50% off.
    Well worth it at those prices

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

For those looking to see how TFC and CW Liokiaser looks together, I found the pic from a guy who did it. They're using the slip over PPC adapters and not the replacement block for the tank guys. Personally, I think the size looks a bit better, the arms could use a little work though but to me, the proportions look better for the most part.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  14. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I don't want the knees to break or the posts on the torso connection or the clips that hold his whole body together. So No I'm not going to combine him conventionally just yet - as I know how hard it is to get Hercules to pieces again.

I'm waiting to see if any of the upgrades help first.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ph4zed

ph4zed Sarcasticon

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I am too. I think they ebay listing shows them due for release at the end of the month... grrrr

16. Razor24

News Credits:
    How long have you had your set? See I have a different thought process... If I am worried about it I will make sure I transform it as soon as I get it. That way if something does go South I have a better chance of contacting the store or the manufacturer to get replacement parts. Leave it too long and it becomes harder to source parts but that's just me.

As for the Hercules issue, I had the same problem. But nothing ever broke even with the amount of force I was putting on the joint to try and separate the connections. There are ways to mitigate the issue slightly. If you do some light sanding on the connectors (just enough so they go in and out more smoothly but not too much to make the whole connection loose) it should work much better.

That said it is a somewhat rare issue IMO... I have Hercules, Uranos and Ares (Hades is on the way) and I only have the one super tight connection on Hercules. The rest were fine.

the tight torso connections has been mentioned before here and its a simple fix. Just do some light sanding on the peg and the port that the two figures connect with each other and they should be fine.

I don't think any upgrades would specifically address the concerns you have. They seem to be addressing stability and range of motion issues.

17. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

Connect him as soon as possible, but carefully. If anything breaks you'll still be able to get a replacement or something from the seller.

18. Max Tower

News Credits:
    I don't want to muck up the intercompatability so i'm not going to monkey with them until I've seen what the upgrades do and compared Hercules and Ares connectors to see if the fault lays in the posts or the ports. Besides I've had to breakages on combiners lately that tends to make me hesitant. I did honestly want them to swell the Decepticon ranks more than I wanted them as a combiner anyway.

I've had the others for months I was just saying I got the final team member recently is all.
    I'm not averse to a bit if mild fiddling I've already tinkered with Kill Bison a bit.

But sometimes I don't combine things at all
    Gun mode Megatrons being the prime example of that.

I was considering what logos to put in the jets but nothing seems terribly suitable. I can't use yellow Decepticon Airforce or white Decepticon airforce as neither look right on the colours. and I don't have any black or purple airforce logos Purple logos just seems a bit obvious.

I wonder if they always intended the guns to combine into a turret to add visual balance to the drill tank in vehicle and leg modes.

I'l likely get around to combining them when I have another team to go with them or against them. I've just worrined that if I combine them just once to see what they look like and they break - i'll have no one to blame but me. Besides I know i'm going to keep them in robot mode most of the time anyway. Transparent plastic on combiners is a terrible idea anyway - as shown on the other combiner where the brainmaster's necks fracture when you change them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. ShadowOfSilver

ShadowOfSilver Element 47

Ebay:
    I'm all but convinced the "upgrades" will probably be more nonsense. How exactly does one do the fan mode for the knees that helps with stability? I've heard of several different ways but which is the best?

20. Razor24

News Credits:
    Posted this in the PE God Ginrai thread but thought I would share this here

[​IMG]

I intend to display these two together seems they are the only Victory figures I currently own and they were sometimes rivals in the series.

• Like Like x 5