TFC Toys Hades (Liokaiser)

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Javier, Jul 18, 2015.

1. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    1. Sorry we did forget to mention that part, but it was impossible to do the new thighs with the missiles still attached.

2. We did not test with the new combiner port that came with Guyhawk, so it most likely is too long as these were measured to fit with the stock ones that came with Jaguar.

3. Proper installation will solve that problem.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chrisola

Chrisola Solid crotch ratchet

News Credits:
    Thanks Dr K, will dig out the original combiner pegs and reinstall everything tonight :) 

3. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Im kinda interested in this set but ive heard theres problems. Can someone tell me what these are? Thanks.

4. Spence

Spence Well-Known Member

Finally got all 6 and will be combining them all tonight. I know what to expect so no need for warnings.

Like all of TFC's previous offerings, I really like the look of the individual bots and thing the combined mode does look badass but for some reason they are still using tech they used for Hercules and this whole peg/hole crap is total balls for connections. That and their pegs are still total garbage. You would think since 2010 they would have a little more to offer by way of being able to make a decent combined mode.

Anyway, I hope I am not totally bummed when I get it all together and I feel at least OK with it as a whole.

5. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Individual robots, nothing major. Some minor tolerances transforming Hellbat, arms that don't hide super well on the jets. Combined mode, though... there's reports that the combiner pegs on Jallguar are breaking, the replacement parts aren't improved at at, the get don't really provide a good base for him to stand on, the connection at the knees is wobbly, and the hip ratchets aren't up to handling the weight of combined mode, resulting in a robot that's almost as challenging to keep from flopping over as Uranos.

Honestly, I'd like to think that I can be pretty forgiving, but Hades was easily my biggest disappointment (collection-wise) of the year, and I'll dump him as soon as a better option comes along.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Thanks. That sounds pretty bad...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like mine. Stands up fine, poses fine, and I'm pretty sure I'll never buy any other company's version.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Crim

Crim Well-Known Member

I can deal with, this is pretty my plan for a Lio Kaiser right now. I feel had LioZak been a little smaller this would look more in scale together, the TFC limbs always looked a bit too big to me.

9. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Here's a question for owners/past owners. Which one single guy do you feel is indicative of the best overall figure, putting aside they are limbs/parts of a combiner. I as because I'm...I guess testing? combiners right now, buying one part of a combiner to see if I like the overall feel. What part/limb "sells" this guy? So far visually, Hellbat is doing it for me, but I'm open to opinions.

10. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    The jets are the best, the tanks are better than expected but not as good as the jets, Jallguar is just kind of OK.

The combined mode is a huge pile of letdown, though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Naztok

Naztok will work for gold chrome

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hellbat's my favorite.
    I wish TFC had done a Deathcobra, so I could still have a full Liokaiser when I want to display just Hellbat.

Photo Jan 06, 4 02 44 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Any of the jet guys. I don't like the tanks as much because I don't care for the fiddly "lining up panels" oriented transformation the alt mode requires. I think Leozack is my favorite of the six overall.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Probably Hellbat or Gaihawk, though I was surprised how much I liked Drillhorn. That alt mode might be my favorite.

• Like Like x 1
  14. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    Gave it a little more thought, and while all the jets are pretty good Guyhawk's probably a little better than Hellbat. Hellbat has some clearance issues flipping the nose between robot and alt modes, Guyhawk doesn't. Plus, Guyhawk comes with his breast animal, Liokaiser's gun (which can break down into three guns for individual bots), and two hands for Liokaiser that can also turn into guns for the individual members. Hellbat just comes with breast animal and the non-transforming clawed hands for Liokaiser.

I cannot stress this part enough, though... Leozack, Guyhawk, and Hellbat are all fine as stand-alone figures. Drillhorn and Killbison are mostly ok. Jallguar is kind of so-so. But if you're buying individual members of combiner teams and guessing if you'll like the whole combiner in combined mode based on that one guy what's going to happen is you're going to pick up Hellbat or one of the other jets. You're going to say, "Hey, this is pretty good. I like this. I think I'll go for the rest." Five guys later, you're going to put him together, and you're going to have just enough time to say, "hey, that looks pretty cool!" before his rubbish hip ratchets and wobbly knee connectors cause him to fall flat on his face. Hades is much worse than the sum of his parts, and I cannot urge to you consider another combiner emphatically enough.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Naztok

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Photo Jan 06, 10 05 10 PM.jpg Photo Jan 06, 10 08 47 PM.jpg Photo Jan 06, 10 11 14 PM.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  16. Potchez

Potchez Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Agreed with Naztok. I want a Deathcobra so I can have Hellbat out and about.

They all have some personality to them, which is cool. I feel similar to others; arm jets first, then Leozack, the tanks, and lastly Jallguar.

Combined, they take some care to pose. Same with my Warbotron Bruticus..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. mikeszekely

Ebay:
    :shrugs:

[​IMG]

Look, I don't want anyone to dislike a toy they own. I'm genuinely happy for everyone that has a Hades that they've been able to pose and are mostly satisfied with. I am. But when I'm answering edgs2099's question I've got to speak from my own experience, and that's one of HUGE disappointment. In addition to Hades I have TFC's Uranos, Maketoys's Giant, Quantron, and Guardia, Fansproject's Intimidator, MMC's Feral Rex, ToyWorld's Throttlebot combiner and Constructor, GT's Gravity Builder, Warbotron's Bruticus, and UT's Ordin. 3P combiners are my jam. And of the ones I own, the only one more likely to flop over from a stoic pose is Uranos, and at least with Uranos I got him well after the fact in a trade knowing full well what problems he had instead of paying $80 a pop for six figures that had me saying "Hey, these are pretty good, looks like TFC's really learned from their past mistakes." So yeah, individually the six bots are fine, but combined Hades is my biggest disappointment (collection-wise) not just of last year, but since I started collecting 3P Transformers, so yes, I'm going to tell anyone who asks to buy literally almost any other combiner instead.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Naztok

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That sounds like you could save a lot of time by just fixing the problems with your Liokaiser, but it seems like you've already made your decision.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tontus314

Tontus314 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So he can't stand on a cutting board placed on a bed? Not high on my list of priorities for a figure, but whatever floats your boat. He stands just fine on my floor if that helps anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  20. User_96283

User_96283 Banned

Almost all my combiners stand like shit until i add rubber double sided tape to the bottom of their feet. Try that and see if it helps, as it does a lot for my Hades. That said, you still need to get the center of gravity right since the knees like to give, but i also have that issue with my feral rex.

• Like Like x 1