TFC Toys Exgraver Video Reviews

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Video Reviews' started by mitchsantona, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    Wow! Good review, awesome looking toy but I do agree with you on the price, it is too much money and I will have to pass because of the price. Shame on you Hasbro for not coming up with this instead of re-releasing the other devastator. Again good review but I will pass cause of the price. :banghead: 

2. Optibotimus

Optibotimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    You're putting stuff out that is helping people to make up their mind on if they want to buy something or not...of course your methods will be judged. Not only that, but you're exposing yourself to a fandom in general and many people can potentially see you. It's only natural that this too will cause your style to be judged.

3. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Reviews are super serial. Leave them to professionals.

(NOT!)

4. BarBoBot

BarBoBot Well-Known Member

Damn guys, nothing in redalert rescue's response seemed worthy of the bitching Mitch and wolfe are giving him....

Learn to take some criticism, or at least learn to ignore it...

FYI it wasn't the greatest review I ever saw, and the criticism is spot on.

I just want to add that I wish you spent more time on the arm mode...maybe show the hands holding onto something or another TF...it just seemed like an afterthought in that review.

@sportswolf: calm down dude...why are you getting so worked up over his response? Redalert rescue had some constructive criticism and you act like he was flaming.

5. perrych17

perrych17 Well-Known Member

It's a great review. Why? Because it is helping people who are on the fence make a decision about this figure. The best part was showing the "arm-mode" as compared to the G1 Devestator, which gave a strong sense of scale. My only suggestion is to compare it to a Universe figure like Classics Optimus - but that is a personal preference because I don't collect movie figures and that thing was huge in comparison.

6. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I can only imagine the amounts of crap you guys with a bazillion subs deal with. lol. Just been rubbed the wrong way today...usually the critiques don't get to me. But yes, I agree with your statement. Just never dealt with much of it before.

7. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks my friend! I totally should have done some different size comparrisons, I meant to shoot him with a movie bee deluxe and I completely forgot. Next one I'll do more of that!

8. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks my friend but the regular dudes are what makes TFW tuning in for! But I appreciate the kind words

9. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I agree with spending more time on the arm. Probably should have done that... as for the criticism....I'll let it go. Just not a fan of having my review reviewed when I didnt ask for it. seems a bit like trying to get someone mad for some reason or another. I think anyone would have gotten a bit offended for the full page of things wrong with their review from a total strnger. So henceforth it rolls off my shoulders! Promise. And thanks for watching.

10. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I also will do this. And these so far look totally worthy as stand alones as well

11. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the kind words. And man isnt this figure nice!!! I like that Scorpion look better than the arm mount too. take care

12. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Glorious! Lol! Nice review Mitch!

13. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks bud! Tool fan?

14. SMOG

SMOG Vocab-champion ArgueTitan

Nice review... I like the enthusiasm. Sure there are some things that could have had more or less focus, but everybody is going to have their own preferences for what they see front and centre in a review. You can't please everyone. Some of RedAlertRescue's suggestions were legit, but I did find the approach way too presumptuous, demanding and prissy.

That said, I totally had the same thought pop into my mind... why review a mint-green toy in front of a mint-green background? It definitely lessens the impact. I probably wouldn't have made a thing about it though. :lol 

Thank you for just dismissing the case for Transformers as collectible toys in general. :) 

So the argument is that there's no point in this figure because you can only display him in one mode or the other, and most collectors will pick one? I mean, doesn't that cover ALL transforming robot toys?

I think the whole POINT is that you can transform them. I suspect that for many of us, the act of transforming our robots between various modes, and taking the time to pose them in different ways is a big part of how we experience these things, and what makes them different than other collectible toys. This level of tactile interaction provides a surrogate for the experience of "play" that many of us left behind in grade school (at least somewhat).

To my mind, seeing this figure as just an "arm" kind of defeats the purpose of his being a transforming robot and digger as well.

zmog

15. PrimeConvoy

PrimeConvoy ShickaBAM!

Nice review! really liked seeing the arm plugged onto Bruticus, Hercules is gonna be big.

On a side note: you should try and get a hold of bbts about a replace piece, you'll have far better luck with them.

16. cosmosaurus

cosmosaurus RID is Better Than G1

great review, though I think you should have worn a tuxedo while reviewing. Sure we wouldn't see it but we would be able to sense the class factor rising.

You also should have done the following: hire a professional orchestra, paid morgan freeman to narrate, and compared the figure to an actual green excavator in the real world.

Just kidding, you did a great job and don't let the naysayers on this site get you down. Next time make the background even greener and have the camera unfocused just to get these "critics" even more angry.

keep up the good work

17. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL! Thanks bro, this really did make me laugh out loud!!! I appreciate it! Morgan Freeman!!! Love that. Or James Earl Jones!!!

18. 2punish&enslave

2punish&enslave Starscream's Brigade

Ebay:
    I ordered mine...then cancelled it...then re-ordered. The price is definitely more than I'd like to pay.

BUT

It's Devastator. If it was any other gestalt I could pass it up but not Devastator. I've been wanting a giant sized one for years and this one is going to go great with my Masterpiece and Binaltech stuff.

19. Tikbaz

Tikbaz Well-Known Member

Morgan Freeman's voice would be good, but Linda Hunt (the voice of Gaia from God of War) would be exemplary!

20. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL. Agreed! I should see if the Palmolive hand-model is available too as mine are pretty beat up.