TFC Toys Customer Service

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Vakamadisk, Sep 11, 2011.

1. Vakamadisk

Vakamadisk Well-Known Member

Update: I just received the replacement parts today. Turns out TFC is a company of their word :)  For their honesty and commitment, they truly deserve our business.

Ignore the following:

Has anyone else had a problem with their Exgraver figure? Mine is fine, except for the Hercules hand--it's missing a pin that holds the pinky finger together.

When TFC posted that they were willing to replace the digger part due to many reports of cracking, I decided to contact the enclosed email address. I asked if they were willing to replace other parts, such as the hand. They replied after 5 days with good news and a request for my address so that they can send one out. I replied happily, guess I wont have to get the whole figure replaced by the retailer after all.

2 weeks had passed, and nothing showed up. I verified that I had entered my address correctly by checking the sent email box, then sent another email asking if they had sent the hand out.

11 days have passed and still no response. I'm starting to believe that TFC will not respond at all and that I have been given a wild goose chase.

Now I understand that the company has been extremely busy with preparing their new figures for mass production, so if their customer service is completely made up of engineers, then there simply wouldn't be enough time to respond to emails. But a simple "yes or no" response shouldn't take a huge chunk of time away. I really want to like this company, they seemed really nice (especially after making an announcement about the diggers) and their products are very awesome pieces of work, but this kind of action really breaks my heart--honestly . . . when I pay this kind of money . . .

So my questions are, "Considering the hard work and time that goes into designing these toys and how busy they've been with the Mid-Autumn festival pictorial reveals, do you think that TFC has a valid reason for not responding to me right away? With the festivities done, is an email response due soon?"

Thanks.

2. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think you will get your response soon, how come you didn't contact the store about it first though?

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    If it's just a pin find a correctly sized pannel pin and snip it to length and knock it in your self i it's a rivet then I can't help you but a Radicon might be able to tell you where you can buy a rivet tool.

I have a missing rivet in my Botcon Kup's elbow I had to put a blunt pin in his arm just to stop his arm falling off.

4. jerminator

jerminator Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Well, if everyone who's bought an Exgraver has emailed them about their digger part cracking, that could add up to a very full mailbox. I'd give 'em the benefit of the doubt until say..a month has passed with no reply, then I'd start getting more vigilant with my emailing, etc. But that's just me.

5. Vakamadisk

Honestly, I didn't want to give up the figure for another week. I like it too much lol And at the moment, I figure there's no need to use the hand . . . not until the set is complete. So getting a replacement hand seemed like the best option for me.

I'm a little nervous about stressing the plastic. The hand's fingers already have stress marks around the holes.

That's a good consideration, but I don't think too many people will be emailing them about the digger now because their announcement said that all of the Heavy Labor figures are supposed to come with one anyway--unless people only want Exgraver and nothing else, but I doubt that.

6. Vakamadisk

Parts received! Turns out TFC was just swamped with emails; Jerminator, you were right.