TFC Prime vs Encore Prime QC?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by unmc2001, Jan 30, 2009.

1. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have been trying to trim the doubles out of my collection. I have both of these MISB and only want to keep one. Between the two which has more QC problems? I will eventually open the keeper up and get rid of the other. I like the box of the TFC more, I like the Pat Lee Prime art. I also like the idea of painted faction sybols on the Encore version. Another option is to open both and swap the Primes so I have the Encore Prime with the TFC box. For those who have both which is you favorite?

2. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

I would wager the TFC is of higher quality. It was produced earlier so you can imagine the mold is in better shape.

My Encore Prime looks good, but his arm snaps off really easily at the shoulder. My TRU Prime which was produced earlier, has no problems whatsoever.

3. Malikon

Malikon Well-Known Member

My Encore Prime is perfect and beautiful. No QC issues at all.

4. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

the tfc has horrific qc issues and is a piece of junk but since i'm such a nice guy i'll find it in my heart to take it from u on the cheap.:wink: 

5. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    both have their share of bad QC, especially the later-run TFC convoys.

I only have the encore figure. so I can tell you what I've experienced with that. mine was part of the first shipment of them, so these problems may have been fixed during the production run.

One problem that I just noticed when taking it out of it's box for display again, is that the right arm elboy joint has leaked some lubricant, which I had to wipe off. this lubricant has actually stained the sticker on the arm. joy.

other problems:

first off, convoy is winking at me. one eye is painted all the way, the other is not. it looks half open. so either winking, or drunk. dunno. I'm getting his paint matched at a hobby shop and correcting his eye very soon.

second, the chrome on the tanks on his legs is chipped at the top, there are chips in the paint on his feet. fresh out of the goddamn box.

third, it's a good thing that I inspected him before putting stickers on, or a piece of plastic left over from the molding process would have scraped his arm sticker up. had to trim that.

fourth, there are big gouges on the bottoms of each of his lower arms where the pieces were taken off the sprue. not holes(thankfully), but ugly all the same.

feedback thread here with other people's opinions:
    http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-feedback/149062-encore-g1-optimus-prime-convoy.html

overall, I AM happy with him. and I love the metallic blue plastic used.

6. ultraconvoy

ultraconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I say keep the TFC. The Battle axe is a sweet piece.

7. wipedout

wipedout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Open them both find the best prime and keep the better one with the TFC box and accessories.

8. unmc2001

unmc2001 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is what I may do.