TFC neckbreaker 1st vs 2nd edition

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by st4rwaytoheaven, May 20, 2012.

1. st4rwaytoheaven

st4rwaytoheaven Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    hi guys!
    i have a little dilema on my hands, i currently own all TFC hercules members except neckbreaker, so my next purchase will be an neckbreaker to complete the set
    there are 2 versions available...so what version should i get?
    does the every neckbreaker from the 1st edition has the heavy labor replacement hip?
    does the 2nd edition has any fixes?

the prices go something like this:
    1st edition: $96.50
    2nd edition: $91.70
    is the $5 difference worth it?

2. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    No, it's not worth it, should be the same price. I have the second edition and it has problems too. Someone else on here had same problem as me with alignment issues. First edition had some issue with hip ratchet I think, I'm not sure but I can certainly tell you that the second edition could come with same problems as me even if it's the 'fixed' one.

3. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This should probably be moved to 3rd Party Discussion.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    one person said they got the heavy labor replacement hips in the box for version 2, so i'm hoping i get them, and yeah, 3rd party discussion tisk tisk, slap on the wrist and all that

5. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    Can anyone confirm that version 2 includes the heavy labor replacement hip?
    That's pretty much the most important thing

6. opt1musaber

opt1musaber Victory Saber's Recruit

News Credits:
    I didn't receive it along with my second edition neckbreaker. I sent an email and basically I have to purchase something else for them to ship one with it .... luckily there are a few things coming out that I will purchase soon like those Iron army PCC's from TFC.

7. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    I tried to ask to a few sellers on eBay if it was included but since most of them are located in china and speak a very poor English, I don't think they even understood my question...
    If I offered to pay the shipping costs to tfc would they provide the replacement parts?
    I'm also missing the engraver shovel...

8. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

I suggest buying something as expensive as Hercules from a trusted seller, try Robotkingdom or BBTS or TF Source. You can ask THEM (rather than TFC itself) the replacement parts you need. Of course they will give you them for free if you buy the whole set from them, if not maybe you can arrange to buy the parts from them.

9. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    well the price difference makes it prohibitive...
    i got Exgraver, Heavy Labor, Structor, Madblender & dr crank for about $315 shipped (to Portugal) in any of those places it would have cost $500 without shipping... and if we only consider neckbreaker, i can get it from ebay for aproximatly $92 and it costs over $110 in any of those sellers... it sucks to be overseas when you're a tf enthusiast

10. cylor

cylor Well-Known Member

I'm oversea too (Italy), and yes, it sucks to be a TF enthusiast here :) . I've bought mine from Robotkingdom, but I ordered every piece along with other things, so it wasn't much more than 90$ each shipping included.

So you just need Neckbreaker... go for the old version, as I think they're identical except for the Heavy Labor hips that the new one apparently doesn't have. That way you would just be missing Exgraver's replacement crane: you can ask it to TFC directly (but when I did have issues with an arm of Dr Crank's, they didn't answer my emails), otherwise you just have to be careful when moving the shovel. It looks like the old version was breakable IF the user tried to pull it out from the end instead of from the base...

11. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    i tried robotkingdom and to get the 2nd version it costs about $103 shipped, the 1st one is no longer available :s
    i also tried emailing tfc...but i'm not holding up my breath

12. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i emailed tfc as well, no answer

13. rodimusprime2007

rodimusprime2007 Only in a Jeep

Ebay:
    When I PO my set from RK they were all supposed to be the new releases. 2 out of the 4 were in the old boxes. The only good thing is Neckbreaker was 1 of the old boxes and the extra HL parts came with it, just in case I do something dumb while I try to tighten up the joints I have an extra set. Need to try a few tips that are posted on here, not happy with how loose he is, I do not need him taking a plunge.

14. kibble

kibble Seeker style, yo!

I don't think the version 2 comes with it in package so if you get it...if the e-tailer is including it, they're probably getting replacement parts on the side somehow.

15. st4rwaytoheaven

News Credits:
    well... i actualy received a reply from tfc, and they'll provide the parts i need if i pay for the shipping

16. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    where did you email them?