TFC Neck Breaker review

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by Patto Prime, Jan 18, 2012.

1. Patto Prime

Patto Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TFC Neckbreaker review by Patto Prime:

Hi there guys and gals, just got my Neckbreaker today! Really pumped to be one step closer to completing Hercules but also a down that there won't be much else out there for a while that I'm super keen on collecting for the time being but thats another issue for another time. On with the review:

Packaging

As per the previous other 4 bots in this series, NB come in a nice construction themed box. Very nice packaging. Not masterpiece nice but nice nonetheless.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

His brothers in arms waiting by for assembly:
    [​IMG]

The blade was not affixed to his chest but it was no problem. Snaps together ok as I found out later
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tried out the vison on Herc straight away. It looks good bud is not secured on by anything other that friction. Could be lost very easily so be careful. Looks good though.
    [​IMG]

Robot Mode

I'm really happy with the robot mode straigh out of the pack. Those large shovel feet really help with the posability of the figure and give him a strong yet agile feel overall.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I don't really like the Exgraver style feet all that much. Makes him look too stocky and clumsy. But hey that's my opinion. You might love it. However there is not a great deal of heel support in certain poses and he can tip over sometimes.
    [​IMG]

He's got really great articualtion. The head is on a ball joint similar to Exgraver. The arms swivel 360 and can also come forward over the chest, similar to Leader Class Strarscream from the movie-verse. The hands are the only weird piece just because they look rather small. The legs have ball jointed hips like Exgraver. I really hope they don't become loose over time like my Ex did. The knees are hinged and obviously you have an option of two feet.

There is some back kibble and but I don't think it ruins the toy. It's definitely not in the same leauge as Structor. Although the Herc fist on his but does look like the worst heameroid I have ever seen :S

Transformation

I was blessed by the TF gods to be missing the instructions with Heavy Labour. Unfortunately they saw it fit to do the same thing again with Neck Breaker. It was a bit of a challenge but I got there in the end. A few things to note:

• His left fist would not fold back without some force due to an unseen bur in the platic.
    • The whole shoulder part of the upper torso on both arms flip 180 degrees. That was a tricky one to figure out.
    • The alignment of all section of the leg need to be 100% in line or else the shovel will repeatedly snap apart under strain. It is not a very strong connection holing the blade together and it will pop apart just by looking at it.

Vehicle Mode

It's awesome. Neat and compact. Only thing is when the blade pop apart for the bazillionth time. While were on the subject of the blade, personally I like the black blade. Would probably preferred a green one but I can definitely live with and enjoy this. Give him a bit of a bad ass vibe. Anyway I'm sure you didn't come here to hear me waffle on, so more pics :D 

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Arm mode

Works very similar to Exgraver terms of funtion. It is a solid connection to Dr Crank but is very limitey by the crane boom. Other than that its works a treat. My only gripe would be that I really wanted a complet shovel across the of the should like in G1 but hey, this ain't G1 so guess I'll have to deal. The centre part of the shovel that sit on the should does not plug in to anything but just rest up tight next to the hood of the truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ROCK ON \m/,
    [​IMG]

Over all I really did this figure despite a few minor flaws. Can't wait for Mad Blender. I got his shipping notice this morning . Really has been an awesome ride. Unfortunately It's nearly over. At least it's been fun. Just quickly, big kudos to TFC for including the hip replacement (and all other previous fixes). I haven't even attempted this but I will soon.

Anyway guys, thanks for reading. Hope you guys like my review. Ejoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting the band back together :) 
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cheers :D 

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very nice I can't wait to place my order for the final two. Still saving to have enough dough to buy two of each.

3. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yeah he really looks quite nice and cant wait to receive mine. really hoping for no more QC issues then hercules is DONE. nice review BTW too!

4. edoggz2011

edoggz2011 Well-Known Member

Unit and from Hercules.

I going too be picking up the last two figures this Friday from Robotkingdom.

5. benclark1982

benclark1982 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man i wish that i was not poor*, i so want these.

*im not really poor, just dont have an extra $600 for this set, yet.

Any chance we can see MP starscream and maybe Roddi next to Herc?

6. heirofthedog

heirofthedog Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very impressed they got the Heavylabor hip replacement unit in with Neckbreaker. It goes to show the level of customer service TFC have over any 3rd party I have bought from. Yes there have been issues, but they have worked hard in fixing them in excellent time and not left us waiting.

7. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    So wish I could afford these guys. Great review

8. juxtapose519

juxtapose519 Well-Known Member

I still say he looks a little too "stubby". Considering the price of admission, I reserve the right to complain.

9. Patto Prime

Patto Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry pal I wish I could but I've moved to the other side of Australia and the majority of my collection is in storage with my mum and dad. I might be able to get something up with FP bruticus and some classics but 1st I must sleep sorry. Getting late here and have an early start.

To all you folks who enjoyed the review, thanks very much and cheers Orio for front paging me. Much appreciated. Good night guys. Take care. It's been a fun night on the boards.

10. jessecuster

jessecuster One Goal!

News Credits:
    This is really poor timing to have something violating Hasbro's intellectual property as news today.

11. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    thanks for the review and pics!

question...is it possible to pop the the hydraulic arms/blade sides out of the the side of the treads or are they permanantly affixed?

12. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    Still waiting at the old expensive bbts. Sounds like a great figure.

Curious about the alternate feet configs. I'll probably wind up messing with both. But it does look more dynamic than exgraver. At least exgraver had the big sholders to make up for it.

So its a hip replacement that comes with this one? I mean that fixes one of heavylabors problems. The other one is his reversed stripping ratchet joint.

Maybe Mad blender will come with a repair part as well.

Edit: After some money saving consideration. Cancelled my preorder with bbts. I got the Neckbreaker, Madblender, the corbot V black axe, and the Tremor/Frequency sonicron minions ordered from robot kingdom.
    So much less than big bad even with insurance. Big bad does great work. But I would be foolish to pass up the tip.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  13. wheeljack359

wheeljack359 Master Technician

Ebay:
    Nice!!! Im excited about this figure! I think the Black Shovel works! I am not in love with the hand off the back of the tractor but i think TFC was going for a rake effect, hook the fingers (like a rake) and if you squint real hard ( and drink a bit) it will look like a ground rake dragged behind the bulldozer.

love the visor!
    I am dissapointed about the visor and shovel popping apart easily, I might try a fix for that.

Good review, thanks for the Pics!

14. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

Can you open the shovel on the shoulder?

15. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    Argh.... suffer the higher price of BBTS and wait, or be poor and order from RK now. Hmmmmm...

16. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Translatorminator

News Credits:
    Can't believe I spent something like $660 on that combiner. It suddenly makes me sick. LOL

17. pingth

pingth Autocon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hey guys, please don't mind me saying but if you don't try to get this now at $600 or so, you might have to end up paying more later on..... I started out late on collecting the classic TF and some fansproject items etc and I now ended up paying a much higher price than when the product first came out. Just my personal experience.

18. Sonscreen

Sonscreen Casual TF collector<br><b><font color=#FF0000>aksm TFW2005 Supporter

Wow, thanks for the review already Patto!

19. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Entitlement? Piss off.

News Credits:
    For reals?

Wait, you'll save a substantial amount of money.

I think they'll be around for a little while yet, there is a high entry fee into this set and I don't think this is for everybody. If you're on the fence then I'd suggest you pick up the earlier ones first. They may start disappearing.

20. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I congratulate all of you on getting this. This is potentially the best combiner ever. I love the gimmicks.

I can't afford this but this looks so cool that I may hunt these guys down one by one when things slow down in my life.