TFC missing/mis-assemble or QC parts

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by blueben, Sep 25, 2012.

1. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    Just want to find out anyone successful in getting replacement parts from online stores over TFC products?

My RK purchase have been ignore since months ago.

[​IMG]

2. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry to hear about your issue. RK has been giving you the cold shoulder regarding this QC matter? Hmmm, makes me hesitate to buy from them again at this point (I bought a big haul of stuff from them the first and only time around a few months back, no QC issues that I could see, thankfully).

3. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    I have no problem with them till this rage set. Just want to know if the problem lies with TFC or RK.

4. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Have you tried contacting RK?

5. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I had an issue with my Exgraver I got from Big Bad Toystore - was missing one of the grey tabs underneath to hold the treads.

No, biggie - I asked them if I could exchange it for another - instead of making me go through all that, they just sent me the missing piece in an envelope within like a couple days. No charge, no shipping fee, I didn't have to lift a FINGER - they were on top of that $hit.

They've got me as a customer for life.

6. Squall42080

Squall42080 Autobot RSX Type-S

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    My friend BWDinobot is going through a similar issue with the same product with RobotKingdom. His Rage set has some defective parts, but there doesn't look like there is any resolution in sight. Not sure if it's Robotkingdom or TFC Toys dragging their heels.

7. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    Yes I did, and it was 2 months ago since my 1st mail. Every 2 weeks or so I will mail a reminder to them and to certain point of time time they start to ignore. They are more prompted in their FB reply.

According to their reply, they took more than 1 month to contact TFC. And latest news Rage set is sold out, no replacement parts for the time being.

So the conclusion is manufacture release 10 sets, they only make 10 parts? Reseller receive 10 sets and sold 10 sets without keeping spare.

8. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had issues wi RK too with my Heavy Labor, it is missing a ratchrting piece that supports it and the teams weight while combined. After months of waiting patiently, I asked for getting a refund, and it was at that moment that they started talking. The finally sent the piece, it was one I wasn't even asking for! I know have two spare hip replacement parts for Heavy Labour*sigh*

9. Timesynch

Timesynch Go For Broke! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Two months is past the time limit where PayPal could have helped you with a refund, unfortunately. Not sure what your other options could be, aside from keep poking RK and TFC on their Facebook pages and raise enough awareness of the situation to others there.

10. blueben

blueben Holocaust

News Credits:
    It's a pre-order and it's way pass the refund even before the item arrives.
    I have given up hope of the replacement already.

11. Zyros

Zyros Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Worst case scenario you can at least recast the part, but it still sucks that you have this issue at all.

12. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    #1 reason I buy expensive/limited stuff from BBTS---if there's an issue, they will fix it. There's way too many people out there who save like $20 on $500 worth of stuff, but then end up with 2 left feet (literally). I will gladly pay a bit more for BBTS's customer service/replacement policy.

13. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    I had a problem with my Mad Blender figure that I bought from Toyarena. I bought from there because they still had the original release figures in stock (with the boxes that match my other TFC Herc figs). Mixmaster had 2 QC problems and they had me send it back. They replaced it and inspected the replacement before sending it to me.

I had to pay the shipping to get it to them, which was kind of a bummer, but they emailed me updates as they handled the replacement process. I'm definitely buying from them again soon.

The rest of the TFC QC problems I've had I have been able to fix by myself. Shaving off plastic etc, taking off a few pieces to do so, then reassembling. It's certainly annoying, but I have not been stuck with a bad figure so far.

This has been me experience with BBTS too. No fuss. Send a pic of the problem and you get something to replace it right quick, if they have the part.

14. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    I wish people would be more careful about ordering from Robotkingdom. They're an excellent example of why the cheapest option isn't always the best.