Heavy/Scratch: TFC Hercules forearm mod how-to

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by G.I.EDDIE, Aug 13, 2012.

1. G.I.EDDIE

G.I.EDDIE Purple treads suck!

News Credits:
    i've gotten a few requests inquiring how i moved my Hercules rage kit forearms in, so heres a simple how-to...

follow along with the pictures and the text that accompanies each one...i hope its straight forward enough because i'm making this AFTER i actually did the modification...sorry...

very little has to be done permanently to your Hercules figures...a barely noticable descreet small hole drilled into the crotch section of Exgraver and Neck Breaker...the modification is EXACTLY the same for each figure...

The only downfall is to add and remove the forearms from the new location, a screw needs to be added and removed each time...not as simple as the clips TFC used...

BEFORE_______________________________________________________________AFTER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gonna need some tools...(Dremel not shown)
    Longer screws
    [​IMG]

Remove screw from stock attachment and discard both
    [​IMG]

New screw with old...unless you can find a 7/8ths #4 screw, you're going to have to trim/grind an
    1/8th of a inch off a 1" screw...(modification was already done to the screw shown)
    [​IMG]

This is the small hole that needs to be drilled into the crotch...there's already a slot on the opposite side...use a bit that's just a hair smaller than the new screw...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now you're gonna need to get something to fill the gap to support and pretty up the modification...(though this isn't 100% necessary, the arm mod will work w/o it...it just won't be as stable)
    What you use is up to you, but I used the handles from the original Hercules guns (trimmed up a bit
    since I have zero intention of ever using the combined gun...(pretend there's no hole there yet :) )
    [​IMG]

Now drill a hole thru your gap filler that lines up with the hole you drilled in the crotch...
    Then widen it a bit...
    Then widen a bit more and to a depth that's the same as the peg on the end of the forearm...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is what the part sandwich will look like
    [​IMG]

Here it is together (not screwed tight yet)
    Also note that the new screw has slightly different threads, so it WILL be tight...I suggest
    a trial fit BEFORE assembling...
    [​IMG]

Same thing for NB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BEFORE...
    [​IMG]

AFTER...
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Nice mod, looks much better, but god I'd be nervous drilling something that expensive

3. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    That rocks!

4. TheJackal

TheJackal Banned

Nice mod man!

umm.. I think your Herc needs a shave, he's got 5 o'clock shadow there in that last before pic. :) 

5. Kalel

Kalel C-Mac

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    nice work as always dude

6. meisterworks

meisterworks Well-Known Member

thanks for sharing eddie :) 

7. seali_me

seali_me Well-Known Member

Thank you.

So every time I would transform Herc into constructicons, I would have to unscrew the arms off?

If I leave the hole tight enough I think it will hold the arms nicely without using a screw. Again many thanks.

8. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    Correct seali, you would have to unscrew them and rescrew them everytime you take them off and put them on...for me, it's a small price to pay to have it look better...

9. DMcB360

DMcB360 Radicon G2

that placement is much much better, but I am spectical about the screw for sure. I think the black piece could be complicated to attach and rotate with out a screw. I dont have any for-arms for my herc yet but I will definitely try to do something similar.

your mods certainly make the best of these molds. a few easy Ideas I had that id like to suggest are filling in the slots and holes on the shoulder treads ball joints openings, scavengers shoulder and inside scrappers bucket. I just think covering those few blemesh's would really contribute to your Devy's model-like additions.

10. G.I.EDDIE

News Credits:
    I'm a little skeptical about sealis plan to do it without a screw also, BUT, he's an accomplished customizer, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and see what he can come up with...I racked my brain for hours trying to engineer it w/o drilling, but I came up blank...in the end, I had to make a tiny hole in each...

Those are good ideas...the bucket one for Scrapper might not hold up to the test of time since the pieces getting covered move...but the Scavenger one would definitely work...I've also been thinking of doing one to hide NBs head in combined mode, similar to what I did for Exgraver...

11. daimchoc

daimchoc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Just a suggestion...

Use a cancellous screw, that way only the portion that goes into the forearms have would have the threads. Also, instead of the handle from the guns, I think a double sided screw bolt could also work.