TFC Hercules Exgraver for preorder......BUT

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by tractorcommande, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ The only way to exert any pressure on them is not to buy it. Then, the person who doesn't mind paying the extra $5 buys it, and you still exert no pressure.

Sometimes, the only way to win is not to play. Too many people want this big bastard.

2. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Robotkingdom still has 183 left in stock as of this writing:

robotkingdom.com -- Online Toys Company

On the fence myself about where to order, but the PoL is such a great feature i might have to stick with BBTS on this one instead of getting hit for repeated shipping costs.

3. Dr. Grimlockisking

Dr. Grimlockisking Twitter @GrimlockIsKing

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can try, I don't think it will make a difference. Sometimes you pay for quality services, sometimes you pay for quality products, sometimes both. Again, just my take on it, but I prefer to pay for the quality service knowing they'll take care of me.

4. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    PoL?

5. thedreaded1

thedreaded1 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Can't hurt to try. If many of us tell them we would take our business elsewhere, I think they will listen. Especially since Exgraver produces 5 addition purchases down the line.

6. Megatron31

Megatron31 I Belong to Nobody!

Ebay:
    ^ Pile of Loot look into it its a great way to save on shipping

they let you get your preorders and store all of your orders in your own POL until you say ship it.

but on a side note i was gonna get it till i saw the price i will just finish my custom and be happy

7. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    BBTS is my go to store and I'm sticking with it. The POL system will offset the price difference and knowing their customer service is excellent makes this purchase easy. Start saving!

8. senorvandal

senorvandal That Guy

Pile of Loot feature. That allows you to opt for BBTS to hold your items as you purchase them or as they're released (after you pay for them of course) for shipment at a later date. If you have one item that would cost $10 to ship for example but you don't want/need it right away you can Pile of Loot it until something that you have on preorder comes in and save on shipping costs. Four items that ship for $20 is a lot better than one that ships for $10.

9. seali_me

seali_me RIP January 2018

fan rage sounds geeky but good. please fans rage on!

i've never ordered from automaton but they're probably the best one to get this if you're in quebec or anywhere in canada.

10. ian5555

ian5555 Well-Known Member

People have themselves to blame for that. If people are going to post stuff like " I MUST HAVE THIS" and "I'll have to rob a bank but I am getting it" they are letting them know that they can charge whatever they want. If you don't pay it the next person will.

11. UnicronFTW

UnicronFTW Don't blink.

News Credits:
    Whoa. A hundred to the figure?
    Hell no...

12. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    The thing is, RK is charging only $77.90 then $15.87 shipped (using my numbers for this example, your shipping may be different) for a total of $93.77. So, let's just say that is the same cost per figure that BBTS has had to pay to get them here, then slaps on the $97.99 they have. That's only a $4.22 mark up per figure for them. They have what, 600 for sales, that's only $2,532 in profit. Very simplistic, but they have to recoup costs somehow.

The one factor we'll never really know is what are the cost that RK and BBTS pay per figure before their mark ups before shipping begins. If we knew that then we'd know where we are getting hosed, if at all.

13. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Even if BBTS orders from RK and then sells to us, they would order in bulk, getting discount on the figures themselves and the shipping itself, so its more than a 4.22$ mark up. But I am more certain, that BBTS orders from TFC, which gives them a different discounted price, so I think they are earning more than that.

Nothing wrong with that though, just sayin,.

14. Gilgamesh

Gilgamesh Mostly Harmless

News Credits:
    Heh, some people were seriously expecting to get the whole combiner for like $300 !

15. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    Those people need to share the hallucinogenics with the rest of us. Don't bogart the shrooms, dude!

16. UltraMarknus

UltraMarknus Well-Known Member

Thats what I always hope...but taxes always kill the deal with me.

I can vouch for RK customer service. I ordered a bunch of stuff in one order once. One item was missing...they had it in my hands within a couple weeks of me notifying them. I will give TFSource until the end of te day to post it...but order from RK if its a better deal.

17. seali_me

wifey's gonna kill me. pre-ordered already. sorry wifey and peeps. this is stronger than my " i refuse to be milked for my money." policy.

18. seali_me

customs and taxes with RK? quebec's pretty bad. our province have to be always extremely special.

19. conan050

conan050 Well-Known Member

I've ordered from RK.com plenty of times before with great results but I have never pre-ordered from them. Do they charge right away or not until product is in-stock? Also by paying with paypal how do pre-orders work? Will they just charge your CC on file if you don't have the funds in your account?

20. Kuma Style

Kuma Style I'm boney. I'm boney; Leave me aloney! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I can't lie... 100 is pretty damned expensive.