TFC Hercules - 1st Figure Exgraver

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Reviews' started by dkr7, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I don't get why simple transformations are so frowned upon. If they get the job done and it looks good in both modes, there's really no need for a complex transformation. All the toys I fiddle with often and like transforming are usually the ones with quick transformations.

2. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Thanks for the review, it is nice to finally see it next to bots that most of us have.

I hate to say it, but I think I am now sold on this guy and may have finally talked myself into it. It is gonna be painful, but from these pics, it is shaping up to be one giant monster. A buddy just moved to China, and I think they are $65 shipped to him there per piece. Figure that is spread out over 10 months between the first and last, and it comes to $39 per month for the set (gotta justify it somehow). Hopefully I can wait till he comes back to visit so I don't have to pay for/worry about shipping them.

3. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome, nice pics! Mine has left Hongkong, but it has to come to North Carolina, I think I've got about another 10 days or so, but looks like the wait will be so worth it. I'll comfort myself with these pics till he gets here.
    How bout a pic of vehicle mode compared to sideswipe's vehicle mode? I won't ask you to transform ROTF Prime to take a vehicle mode pic with him, as complex as he is to transform, mine will probably be here by then lol!! But if you've got G1 Devy or any of the RID build team, those would be some good shots as well as your Henkei Prime when you get him.

4. Gatchaman

Gatchaman Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow, $65 shipped are you sure? Holy cow!! I thought Robot Kingdom had the best price at $78+ shipping but this blows that away. Do you know who has them at that price, since there are 5 more of these guys $15-$20 savings per bot adds up!

5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics.

What kind of poseability is in the arm mode?

6. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

Not since the days of seeing Fort Max at retail have I felt such misery, seeing a figure that I want so bad but know I'll probably never own because I can't afford it.

I'd love to get my hands on this whole Hercules set, but I can't imagine my wife would be too happy spending $90 on a voyager-sized figure...6 times.

Maybe I can sell plasma or something.

7. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Well, that is shipped within China, so my buddy would still have to bring it over to me when he gets back, but I think that is the taobao price was (atleast best I could figure from plugging it into Babel Fish)

8. ShyGuy

ShyGuy Bye

It looks great, I'm feeling much more tempted by it now. Judging by the size of him in arm mode, the full combined mode is going to be massive. I would love to get this but I just can't pay that much.

9. jwasko

jwasko Active Member

Thanks for the awesome range of comparison pics.

How are the elbow and wrist articulation? Is there a pretty wide range range of movement? Are the elbow and fingers pretty stiff, or does it feel loose already?

Also: request arm mode pictures next to MP Grimlock (in T Rex mode), if you can.

10. SwerveGears

SwerveGears Autonomous Robot

News Credits:
    Is it compatible with Energon/Superlink combiner teams?

11. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Huh. So simple... But he does everything right! I'm in for this guy. I guess the only thing that could keep me from completing the set is if the other Devastator turns out to be too amazing to pass up.

Can we get a pick of it as an arm for the Energon combiners?

12. NICKBOT

NICKBOT Don’t be a jerk...

News Credits:
    Thanks for the pics dkreed7! Can't say his bot mode is all that exciting but neither were the G1 Constructicons. It's all about the big picture...Devastator. Gotta keep my eye on the ball.

13. Kevin XI

Kevin XI Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, any size questions I had are put to rest.

14. Cliffbee

Cliffbee Well-Known Member

This thing is super-impressive. If all six not-Constructicons are entirely self-contained, with no extra bits having to be plugged in to make not-Devastator, and if the individual vehicles, robots and not-Devastator bear strong resemblances to their G1 sources of inspiration, then this will be quite an accomplishment.

I don't have $600 to spend on that accomplishment, but it's still damn cool.

15. Un_Chakal

Un_Chakal Anubisbot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People are so easily swayed by a picture as they are in politics...

16. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    So much temptation, but there's a level of financial commitment here I can't really justify to myself.

17. Necro Prime

Necro Prime Necrobot

Holy crap-n-stack! Devastator is gonna be fraggin huge if that is the height of the arm alone. SQUEEEAAL!!!

18. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A head shorter than RTS Grappel? Pretty sizable guy. The thing I'm enjoying most about this take on Devy... No partsforming! Honestly that makes him soooo nice IMO.

He seems a bit... simple... the only thing that bugs me... At the same time though, the fact that he's simple yet still makes a damn good bot, alt, and limb mode is quite an ingenious feat. Wish there was a bit of paint detail on his treads/legs tho.

Ugh... I couldn't possibly get the whole set in my current situation... makes me cringe to see what'll happen on their prices when the set is eventually completed.

19. Naytron

Naytron @naytrontf

I wasn't sold when I saw the figure at Botcon, but seeing the photo's with comparisons got me! So I ended up buying it. I might as well buy them one at a time rather than waiting till all 6 are out and splurging $600+ on the whole set. So i'll just put aside $100+ each month just for this Devy.

I'm excited to see what's to come because this is literally going to be huge!

20. Quickwing

Quickwing Devasia Mentality

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Is that... an Energon combiner port? REALLY?!