TFC-EX05 Primars

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by adconx2, May 2, 2011.

1. adconx2

adconx2 Cybertron D-Block

Ebay:
    Been thinking about getting TFC-EX05 Primars. Any ups and downs on him? Or should I wait until there a price drop on him.

2. x BlackMagnus x

x BlackMagnus x Is not impressed

News Credits:
    He looks pretty cool and quirky, there is a black repaint on the way though. The eyebrows sell it for me!

3. Death333

Death333 Otherwise known as Dx3

News Credits:
    I love the little thing and almost everything about it. The light up gimmick works great as does the adjustable brow. The swords, option to use the pipes on the shoulders and removable faceplate are nice. The mold has great detail everywhere. Rubber tires are always a plus in my book.

The Smokestacks don't hang on too terribly tight in altmode and as such have a tendency to pop off. It's a fitting issue that can be fixed with sanding/superglue/nailpolish.

No Knee articulation but really, he's so chibi that even if he did have this it wouldn't be much. Otherwise he has neck, shoulder, elbow, waist, hip and toe movement so really this one missing point is kind of mind boggling.

The panels that form the trucks cab sides become ass flaps. I don't mind this too much but I could see why some wouldn't care for it.

Overall - if you can deal with the lack of knees and finicky pipes I certainly recommend him. Even with those two quibbles I think there are things that more than make up for the downsides and as such I always find myself messing around with this toy.