TFC-004 gear of war weaponset coloring sample photos

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by tfctoys, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Man that Inferno gets better looking with each new set of pics. I really like the color and shape of the hand cannon. Rocket launchers being shrunk is cool, would have been fine with me either way but smaller is a tad better.

As far as price goes figuring individually the launchers would be like $7 each ($14), the ladder and handgun like $13 and the new cassettes guy maybe around $15-$20 the whole set could be $42-$47 and I would consider it a pretty normal market value. But I'm thinking don't be surprised if it comes out to be over $60. I'll buy 2 sets at the $40 price range but I might not even get one if it's over $60.

2. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Im glad this came with one missile for Mirage and one for Sideswipe. I wish it had two cuz the upcoming Red Alert will need one. Hmm, if it doesnt cost too much I might buy two set and resell one for the money back.

3. tfctoys

tfctoys Active Member

News Credits:

you paid too much bro. the price will be definetly more reasonable. :) 

4. Galva-Cannon

Galva-Cannon Well-Known Member

I think that the rocket launcher for Sideswipe should be white, not silver.

On the Hasbro release, Sideswipe's gun is white, just like the G1 toy and cartoon, so a white missile launcher would match it. On the Henkei version, Sideswipe's gun is chrome, so silver paint on the missile doesn't match that version either. If it was white, I feel that it would look good with both Sideswipe toys.

5. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

this thing coulda been a lot better with some tweaks. only thing i really want is swipes shoulder cannon. mirages just doesn't look right to me and the tape thing is a total waste imo. the ladder is cool but maybe if they gave inferno his wing attachments that woulda put it over the top. also i wish ironhide and ratchet got guns like the toon instead of the ******ed blade thingy they came with.

6. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Well, the Converting Cannon thematically represents how Ironhide's gimmick in the cartoon was his hand retracted to form some sort of weapon or tool device. Sometimes they didn't even bother with that and gave him lasers that came out of his clenched fists.

Pretty sure everything comes down to cost, as seen by the apparent dropping of Hot Shot's missile launchers, and they don't bother with accessory packs unless they are sure they can sell many, many units to big chain retailers (to keep costs low).

I doubt they're losing sleep over fan custom accessories making money they could have potentially made, as some people have suggested.

7. BraveMax

BraveMax Used to speak Japanese

News Credits:
    I'd think otherwise - especially in this economy, any lost profit is a bad move. Of course, I don't think they're about to stamp them out yet. They may, though, if they get hit by a lawsuit or something related to them or if these become rampant enough.

I just don't think accessory releases fit into their business plan at the moment. They're contractually locked into a business model that may or may not really be the best one to use at the moment. They may begin re-examining that if they get hit hard enough by the economic downturn, though...

8. airfox

airfox TF: Cybertronian Wars!

News Credits:
    Man, I love that Autoscout! I think I'll get the set just for it.

The oversized launchers look fine to me. Kinda badass. :p 

I think you'll be dissapointed. A set of two heads for G1 Ratchet and Ironhide go for about $14-20, and those are really small compared to what comes in this set.

I think in this economy, it's best to concentrate on what sells, than to try to find new profit venues such as accesory packs for Transformers.

-airfox

9. bruticus_prime

bruticus_prime awesomeness in a bottle

i will be getting this set even tho i dont have any henkei figs or a soundwave.i'll get that set and buy the ones that it needs and i am really looking forward twards this set and whats up with the rockets not being the same are they able to mix and match?

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    May sound stupid... but with those additions I finally recognize and remember their original G1 counterparts! pretty cool stuff!

11. flywheels

flywheels Decepticon Assault Team Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I'm sold. I don't usually care for these sort of things, but this set just has so much to offer!

12. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Not to bash those who like the set, but putting a ladder on Classics Inferno is like putting one on Energon Inferno. Now if Classics Inferno could be kitbashed to look like the G1 version, in alt and robot modes, the ladder would be cool. Scaled down launchers would look better on the Classics bots who used them in the G1 series. And the fact that the scout cassette will fit G1 Soundwave makes it worth keeping an eye on.

13. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    This. Seriously, accessory packs may or may not be a good seller. It's hard to say because it's never been done for Transformers before and right now really isn't a good time to attempt to do something unknown with the current economic situation... best to stick with what you know sells and concentrate more on that.

Not to mention, I think this whole point has been brought up in a Q&A session or two at Botcon (or possibly somewhere else... not sure exactly) and Hasbro's response was something along the lines of them having thought about the possibility but not really having an interested venue (which, sounds to me as if retailers aren't interested in carrying accessory packs for Transformers) and it not fitting into their current release plans at all.

14. joopsta

joopsta Masterpiece, Encore and 3P collector

News Credits:
    sold on the scouttape. That is gonna be a nice custom G1 cardback project for me. :D 

15. giga-galvatron

giga-galvatron Decepticon S.T.A.G ******

Ive seen a pic on tformers that showed the sideswipe/sunstreaker launchers in 3 different colors, one for red alert. I hope all three come in the set

16. squawkbox74

squawkbox74 Mawile enthusiast

Twitter:
    ah...nothing says rescue like a ladder with a huge-ass gun on it.

17. Railguard

Railguard Battalion Commander

Ebay:
    I said it once and I'll say it again, Hasbro is slippin. This stuff is awesome!!!

18. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Well I haven't paid anything yet, just assuming what prices might be but I'm guessing that's just translation

I'm glad to hear that the price will be more reasonable, especially from the source that's making them :thumb 

19. Lunar_Convoy

Lunar_Convoy Special Ops Captain

I don't have universe Inferno yet, but seeing this upgrade for him wants me to get him even more. In fact i would be just happy with his upgrades, but Sideswipe's missile launcher is a nice touch. When are these comming out?

20. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I wonder how much this set will be