TFAnimated character idea - Wheelie

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Malunis_T, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hey everyone,
    This is my first post and I haven't browsed all the sections yet, so please bare with me as I may be in the wrong section for this. :D ;;

A character I want to see in TFA is Wheelie. I just think he would fit in with the cartoony style of the show. This is what I have figured out for him so far.

---------------------------------------

--Design--
    Wheelie originates from a typical bumper car such as this; http://www.majhost.com/gallery/MalTenshi/000-REFERENCE/bumper-car.jpg
    His color scheme would be tribute to his original design, being a mix of pink, orange and silver with blue eyes. Notice how the colors just fit what a bumper car would look like? For robot mode, it would resemble his original design as well, but still be able to resemble his bumper car form. In other words, not a full mimic of his original self. See his original design here; http://www.majhost.com/gallery/MalTenshi/Transformers/tftm_blooper_wheelie_design.jpg
    His scale would be above human height. Think of how big a bumper car is - Logically speaking, it shouldn't be able to form a huge robot.

--Personality--
    Being made from an amusement park ride, Wheelie is very childlike. He loves to have fun, but is completely oblivious that his fun can sometimes cause trouble for others (ie: Breaking or blowing up things). And in vehicle mode, he tends to have bad driving when he doesn't have a driver, so like a bumper car, he will hit a lot of things. He is not Decepticon material, just innocent and immature.

--Power/Weapons--
    In the G1 movie, Wheelie premiered using a slingshot as his weapon. How this will work with this version, I'm not entirely sure. I thought perhaps the seats of his vehicle mode could detach and transform into a weapon, but this is a long stretch. So, maybe he just made the slingshot from some metal parts and keeps it hidden on his vehicle mode. Dunno what he shoots with it, maybe little pellets of energy...

--Mannerisms--
    Wheelie has a well known mannerism which he had in the G1 movie - He spoke in rhymes such as "You go wrong way, you fool I say." For some reason, when I think of portraying a character who rhymes, I would have them use some kind of gibberish word for their rhyme. "Zippityzow, I have you now!" ... Maybe not, it could get annoying. But if anyone thinks it would work, then okay.

--Voice--
    I can't think of what kind of voice to go with other than something similar to his original one. It was kind of feminine, but child-like and unique. Maybe something like that.

--Importance--
    Overall... This might just be a one-time character. I can't see him making returns unless he has some major purpose, and most people would probably hate seeing new characters added to the otherwise small group of Autobots on Earth. So, maybe he's just got his own one-shot appearance. I think with the stuff I've listed, he may fit in with the series, don't you?

---------------------------------------

In addition, a rough idea on the transformation.

[​IMG]

Whatcha think? If I post this in the wrong section, feel free to move it to the proper location. ^^;

2. E. C. R. Former

E. C. R. Former Is probably insane...

While your character description is quite good and well thought out, I'm not too sure it would work out given how much Wheelie is despised by the fandom. :p 

3. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    I figured as much. :p  I tend to end of liking characters not many people like, but I bet someone out there can relate to me in some way.

But thanks for the comment all the way. ^-^

4. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Great... that's what we need... Wheelie in Animated. All the fans will hate you for even suggesting that.

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Voiced by the girl who does Bart Simpson!:thumb 

6. Caine

Caine Rise up to the glory!!

News Credits:
    No.

7. Pasaway

Pasaway Well-Known Member

I honestly really like the idea.

I've never understood why so many people dis-liked Wheelie. He may not have been all that serious, but after the movie most of the original series wasn't serious anyways. Some people didn't like his rhyming; well how many lines did he have anyway. He's perfect for animated, it's not super serious, like everyone wanted G1 to be. He's along the same lines as Wreck-gar.

I love all your ideas. He could be the type of character they call when they need somebody very small. Also I'd like to add that he's a bit of a daredevil, coming from carnival, he likes to get his adrenaline going, like riding a rollercoaster. so when someithing is happening that's scaring everyone else, all he can think about is how fun the ride is.

That being said, i don't believe it will happen, just because of all the Wheelie-hate in the TF fandom

8. Sideways

Sideways Banned

I'd like to see him in one episode just so he gets destroyed by the Decepticons.

9. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

What's with the hate of the name Wheelie? G1 Wheelie sure, but seriously hating Wheelie even before he's reincarnated is childish grudge. Wheelie needs a new incarnation, with a complete overhaul of his character.

No squeeky voice, no slingshots, no Jar-jar antics.

I have this thought of Wheelie being part of a crew assigned to Longarm Prime, the latter which destroys all the crew once they've journeyed a considerable distance away from Cybertronian contact. Only Wheelie is left and he escape in an escape pod, only to be shot down by Shockwave and be sent hurling through space, spinning endlessly, torturing the poor Wheelie inside. Eventually he reaches Quintessa, and Wheelie's quest for survival begins. Through this he is shown to be a capable survivalist, maybe even savage, despite his child-like demeanor (not so much immature though). He of course eventually makes it back to Cybertron to help reveal the real traitor in the Autobot's ranks.

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    With Ralph Wiggum voice.

11. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

How about Wheelie just being a protoform?

12. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    Okay, first of all, I think that's a brilliant idea. Wheelie as a bumper car works on a number of levels. It would also be a good single episode "where the allspark fragment ended up" kind of episode if they do those kind of stories still, with a fragment in an amusement park bumpercar ride car. Plus, a bright (garish) colorscheme would fit right in with being a colorful car.

Actually, you skipped over the easy part, the pole in the back that attaches to the grid on the ceiling. That pole can be just that, a staff, or could come into parts to form a slingshot.

For some reason I keep hearing crazy Blitzwing say, "Zippityzow, I have you now!", or Warpath.

I'd say get rid of the silly voice gimmick alltogether.

Yes, you've got a good idea. Heck, most of the episode practically writes itself once you get the Allspark fragment powering the bumpercar, and the idea that he's a terrible driver (or better yet, thinks that the object in driving is to hit every car on the road), could be quite funny.

However, I get the feeling that the "Allspark fragment runs amok" plotlines are done with in Animated.

I agree. Spotlight Wheelie showed him as a Survivor, and that's what his function always should've been. He suffered from being the replacement kid friendly character that seemed to pander to an even younger audience then the first two seasons big time. A new, fresh Wheelie doesn't have to be some neo-gritty character, but at the same time, he doesn't have to pander either.

13. MetaKathro

MetaKathro is a sucker for cute bots

I could just picture him getting along great with Wreck-gar or Blitzwing :lol 

14. Malunis_T

News Credits:
    Thanks for all the comments guys! :) 

And Pravus Prime, that was an excellent weapon idea - I wasn't sure on using a staff though, keeping the usual toy designs in mind. But I guess for Animated, the toys do have open hands, so a staff works great. I'll be sure to incorporate that if I use him for anything. :) 

15. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

I think Wheelie with little alteration to his G1 incarnation fits Animated just fine.

16. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    I don't think a bumper car would work that would be weird.

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    FTW!!!

maybe wheelie shows up during the time when sari and BB went to the amusment park in fistful of energon and then dies a horrible horrible death. :lol 

18. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    If you what Wheelie voiced by a female try Tara Strong with her Lemmy's Voice.

19. Transquito

Transquito Reach For The Light TFW2005 Supporter

Welcome to the boards !

Now, back to Wheelie ! I could actually see something like that happen and it would probably make the kids giggle and all such. Myself, I would get rather annoyed.
    The character designs and ideas you made are quite good matey.

20. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like wheelie simply because of his rhyming. It just bothers me. This is a neat idea, and I like the Bumper Car alt mode.