Heavy/Scratch: TFA: Wasp, Cliffjumper and Sari (WIP)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Warsman, Jul 29, 2011.

1. Warsman

Warsman Active Member

Hey guys, just finished up a Wasp figure and I decided to show my Sari WIP since Merlin8019 posted his the other day. :thumbs2: 

[​IMG]

Anyway, I shared Cliffjumper already, and since he was for my 6 year old son, he's already a bit beat up. Because of this, I don't mind trying to transform him. Cliff was my first TF custom, and I made a ton of mistakes with him, but it lead to a very good Wasp. Both figures are for my son, I plan on making MY figures very soon. I know to use the Elite Guard Wasp!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cliff doesn't transform so well. His head is sculpted too big and I should have modified his stingers to go in more. Both mistakes will be corrected on my figure, heh heh...

I also realize I mixed up the torso pieces for Wasp and Cliff. I sanded down Wasp's underwear lines, but mistakenly used it on Cliff. Cliff has the same markings as Bumblebee in the art I was working from, and Wasp has the new markings. Another mistake... :crazy: 

BUT...WASP TRANSFORMS!! And I didn't spray paint in his joints, so he transforms smooth and normally. Cliff is kinda tacky and stiff to transform.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In May I began to sculpt a new Sari, but abandoned it because I then wanted to try to make some 3-D models of the TFA humans like green army men. I figure since they are so small, they don't need articulation, and the bases would help them be in a more dynamic pose, rather than the static pose I sculpted.

Then Merlin posted his...and I wanted to see what I could come up with, so I finished her arms. They are attached with sticky-tack for the picture. She's very rough, sulpted in Super Sculpey (which I hate). I'd like to cast her, if only to have a sturdy model to sand and work with. I still might.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know she needs her key necklace and a lot of sanding. I already broke the darn neck with her watermelon head, and I might have to resculpt her body with Magic Sculpt so it's hard enough to support her noggin.

Attached Files:

2. ARCTrooperAlpha

ARCTrooperAlpha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your cliff and wasp heads look PERFECT !!!!!

3. SideswipePrime

SideswipePrime Reply Dump Extraordinaire

agreed^

4. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    WOW looks factory man!

5. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Those look killer man, though.. Cliff's head looks a bit bigger than need be maybe? Idk, maybe not.

6. 2ndSndWve

2ndSndWve Hen... Shin!

News Credits:
    Cliff and wasp heads look awusme!

7. Infosaur

Infosaur Well-Known Member

I really like that candy apple red you used for Cliffjumper. It looks so deep with the metalic flake comming though.

God I miss that mold. I know I have it in storage somewhere. I think I've got Bumblebee and Elite Guard Bumblebee standing in for Animated Jackpot. (the action master)

8. THEdeathsHEAD

THEdeathsHEAD Lockdown's #1 Fan

Wasp has a black badge in the show. Mabe a rubsign would work?

9. Warsman

Warsman Active Member

My son wanted him to be an Autobot, heh heh.

10. CodeXCDM

CodeXCDM Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Very cool! Those head sculpts are *GOOD*. That plus the paint make them look like factory-built mainstream figures, not customs...

You sculpt them yourself? You model 'em in 3D then printed via Shapeways or the like?

11. Warsman

Warsman Active Member

Thanks man! I Dremeled the heck out of the Bumblebee heads and sculpted over the top of it. I managed to leave the top, bottom and sides pretty much untouched. The rest is all Magic Sculpt and Epoxy Sculpt.

I do have plans for 4 fully modeled Shapeways TF Animated heads. I used "Freelancer.com" to hire a 3-D modeller. I just finished the bidding process. I had bids from $30-$200. Some very experienced, some--not so much. If I am pleased with the results of this experiment, I will definetly share it with everyone on Shapeways. Now I just have to select the 4 Animated heads I really want fully modelled. Right now I am thinking Wasp, Hound, Kup and Wheeljack (or Elita-1, Cliffjumper, Perceptor, I could go on and on...).

12. Hippie Trooper

Hippie Trooper Costumer

Ebay:
    Agreed! This looks amazing!
    Great work!
    Later

13. Floating Cat

Floating Cat TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Both figures look great. Excellent paint jobs on both.