TFA (Transformers Anonymous)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Aug 11, 2009.

1. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

It's even worse when you buy more than just TF's

2. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    SO far it's just Transformers for me. I used to collect Star Wars and i was a MISB collector. No fun in that what so ever other than finding that rare Aunt Beru with blue milk or whatever. i pulled all of them out when i moved and thought about taking them out of the box but... still, no fun in that. Transformers are fun because well, they... transform!

The other day i found an Arcee at a local walmart and for the very first time i got called out by the cashier. she said" don't you think you're getting too old to buy these toys?"... my Girlfriend starting laughing hysterically. i told her it was for a little cousin and she said, "suuuure, that's what they all say!". Then she said, "why are you getting so red?" to which i replied, High Blood Pressure!"... i was had. my girlfriends face was purple, mine was red, we were busted! i said, "OK OK I LOVE TRANSFORMERS... WHORE!"... OK, so i didn't call her a whore...

but i wanted too!

It was all in good fun.

I'm now hoping my ebay auctions are outbid as the estimate so far is around $250! god i cant afford that! I can but.. baby needs milk! (not really). i know there will be other WSTF Prime Trailers and MP Grimlocks down the road. Why do i need all of them at this very moment?!?

I even went to the basement at my place of business and took apart a three shelf system and snuck it out to my car so i would have more space to put all these bastardbots. They wont miss it. it's just a bunch of junk down there... but it's the principle of the matter. i might as well be sneaking in my granny's house to snag her VCR to buy heroin.

3. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

ok,
    you may actually have a problem...

4. Autobot X

Autobot X Check out my sales thread!

I'm good as long as I don't have expendable income. I won't go out and just spend money. That being said, any time I get birthday or Christmas money, it all goes to Transformers. All of it. It's so bad that when one of my friends gave me a gift card to Barnes and Noble, I was sad, because they don't sell Transformers at B&N. Comics, maybe, but I'm not a comic-book guy.

From the period between my b-day and this past Friday, I either bought or received nearly $300 worth of Transformers. I could've bought a PS3 or XBOX 360. Nope. Transformers. I love it...and hate it, because when you're 31, it's really kind of sad (of course, video games aren't much better).

I'm really glad when there are toys out that I don't want, like ROTF. It eases the pressure.

5. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    :crazy: :lol 

This. However, in all seriousness, just being on this forum is an admission that no one here is casual.

6. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    I know how you feel! I HATE Wheelie`s (keyboard is being stupid, damn Canadian HP keyboard) character, but I got his toy and I LOVE his car mode!

I ended getting EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. DELUXE. from ROTF when I promised myself I would not support that dumb movie before it came out. The only one I don`t have is Soundwave, he looks godawful in all modes.

I am getting EVERY SINGLE ANIMATED FIGURE besides non-transforming ones.

7. Nemesis Liger

Nemesis Liger Well-Known Member

(This thread is great.)

Hello. I'm Mia and I'm a TFaholic. ;__;

It started when the first movie came out it turned my attentions to TFs, but I wasn't really planning on getting any toys. Then I came into a little "Play money" so I decided to spend it on a reissue Silverstreak. Carried that poor thing around constantly, I did. It seems getting that little figure paved that way to my continuous TF buying. First I pretty happy just get a few for birthdays, holidays, and the times I got some fun munny. Yeah, it was all good. I'd snag a Movie figure here, a Classics there, then there was the Universe line that came out around my birthday. Needless to say I was a happy camper and I had a fun time making that wish list. (Thankfully my mom didn't roll her eyes too hard after seeing it. :tongue:  )

...Then comes 2009 and it's constant barrage of Movieverse talk and toys. I have a weakness for bayverse 'bot aesthetics, and I like seeing how they translate into toy form, so I planned on getting a few. 'Course I didn't really plan on the nearly constant splurging. >>; I don't usually do toy hunting so despite the shipping and such I've kept my TF buying online. I figured it was better that way since I would only "add to cart" if I had the "funny munny" to back it up. Unfortunately, by the time the RoTF toys released I was impatient and I wanted instant gratification (as opposed to waiting on the stoop for UPS to come) so I went to Target... Well, four trips there, and a expedition to Walmart later and my wallet is alot less full. @_@ It seems I was a tad overzealous and went a little bit overboard.

*sigh* Problem is I keep wanting to go back just to see what they have. Even though my Target seems to have a fascination with the Deluxe series 2, Scout series' 1 / 2, and Voyager Ratchet I keep wanting/hoping I'll come across a few more of the ones I've been searching for. Then when I get there, instead of holding out for what I'm looking for, I walk out with a bunch of other figures. Apparntly I have even less control than I thought. ;__; (And I honestly didn't think I had much to begin with.)

...I'm beginning to think it's only a matter of time before I end up passed out in the toy isle.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    What up, Transformers fans... let's just say I have a major problem with blowing great flipping pots of cash on plastic crack.

9. enkidoamark

enkidoamark Well-Known Member

This thread needs to return.
    The funny thing is, YESTERDAY I was at walmart, didn't want Blazemaster, never wanted him. Stalker Scorponok for that matter. I have that mold already and it wasn't that good the first time. And DeadEnd. Good mold, but I have Sideways. So walmart runs them for $8 each and all of a sudden I have to have them. Instead of worrying about all the extra money I spent because I had to have all the others when they were new and now everything's going on discount, I'm buying more.
    Ebay. Jesus. Sometimes I do great. I ignore everything or just watch a few things to see what they are going for. Then, all of the sudden, I've got Pepsi Prime showing up in the mail and I'm wondering what happened to all that self-control. At least now I'm MISB on almost everything so I can say that a few years from now I'll be able to get most of my money back out. Or at least I can tell my wife that so she'll let me keep spending.

Oh, just like OP, my car tag is overdue by about 9 months. There must be some common element to our illness.

10. ryan.j

ryan.j Well-Known Member

since TFA finished, i've bought almost the entire toyline for fear i might never be able to get them if i don't gobble them all up now.

if it's wrong, why does it feel so good?

11. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I'm an Animated Crack Whore. I see's it I needs it :( 
    The idea of owning Cliffumper next year is watering my mouth, I want him so bad!

I have a rule, no repaints unless it's a seeker. What did I do today? Bought a grey Shockwave because he was £12 so I can display him as Long Arm with the Bots.
    I bought Deluxe Bumblebee, to big. Legends Bumblebee, to big, which led me to buy Activators Bumblebee.
    Activators set of this crazy "o my god these r so kewl" inside me, I wanted more. MORE.

I got more.

I got more :( 

12. Sureshot

Sureshot Banned

News Credits:
    I HATE the movie toys but I've found myself buying the Doctor (crap figure), Deadend (another crap figure), Reverb (great Go-Bot homage), and Stratosphere.

I plan on getting the Dirtboss repaint, the other Go-Bot homage in the line.

13. prime13

prime13 UCHUU KITAAAA

News Credits:
    Hi peoples.

Everytime I leave a store, whether it be Wal*Mart, or anything else that sells this crack, I feel bad when I don't use my money. I was even tempted to buy the repaint of Armada Sidewipe.

14. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Oh yes! My Buster Optimus Prime arrived today, it's frelling beautiful! Anyway, Plastic Crack? Yes indeed, I have a second job to support things like Botcons (and other vacations) and of course Transfomers. :D 

15. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    Recent X-Mas special sales has me going everytime they pop up. Let's see, Ultra class for $11? There. Animated Leaders for $20? Done. $8 deluxes? Gonna grab a few. At least I still have enough for Christmas shopping for other people... I don't even have a job! Just a bunch of money from past holidays, before I had a TF addiction, and cash from the 'rents.

16. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I started collecting TF figures last July, after watching ROTF. i started with ROTF Legends Class, then I wanted to complete every single Legends figure. Recently, got the NEST Dx BB, which made me want to complete all the Dx BBs available (now I only lack the Takara Classic Camaro and the Lawson's exclusive, excluding the unreleased NEST Cannon BB). I'm planning to get the Alternity and HA BBs ASAP. Yes, I'm already obssessed... Or as some collectors call it, poisoned...

17. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We Exist, and We DON'T Want to Date You

News Credits:
    So you're not only forgoing important purchases for MONTHS, gotten into the habit of lying, potentially overreacted to someone seeing through your 'secret', but you're also STEALING??? Good God!!!

This isn't a fun 'plastic crack' habit, you've crossed the line to an actual addiction! And one that's going to get you in trouble with the cops if you don't get those tabs renewed. Then again, maybe that would be a good thing and snap you back to reality!

--Moony

18. Hyperoptic

Hyperoptic G1-Junkie

News Credits:
    Moouuhahaahhahaha! :ev: 

19. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been crazy! I first started saying, "I'll collect only a few that I think are cool, just one or two designs. I don't care about the characters."

Now I have nearly 30 TFs, and ALL collected since ROTF came out!!! My goodness, I buy once a week now!

20. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi, my name is Tom and the last Transformers I bought was over a month ago.