TFA (Transformers Anonymous)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathonacracker, Aug 11, 2009.

1. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    So I've been coming here for a little over a year i believe and the one word I've heard since the beginning was "Plastic Crack". i laughed it off as I've known real addictions in the past. There is ABSOLUTLY no way these little toys could take over someone life. Well, I'm here to tell you i was WRONG! it stated with me saying" cool, i really like that Leader Prime and Sideswipe. i think ill buy those to play around with...
    i just found myself driving to Target at lunch for no apparent reason. I was actually on my way to TRU unjustifiably and turned into the Target parking lot to just "look". i already had the ROTF toys i wanted for this year. that's what i told my Girlfriend too! i really believed that i was done for a while. I told myself to turn around three or four times but i didn't... i walked in and on the way to the toy isle i even said to myself, "please don't let them have anything new." This Target has been known to hold onto past waves for months after, so i was certain they would have tons of Sideways and Dirtbosses and that would be it. Again, i was wrong. they had Jolt and Blazemaster.... i never even wanted these, but i had yet to find them and felt a compelling urge to buy on site. i couldn't help myself.

This is a growing problem for me and to make matters worse, i have 3 or 4 ridiculous Ebay bidding wars going on too. I'm bidding on TF's that i never had as a child and probably never wanted! I'm bidding on broken TF's for Christ sake!!! I've needed my car tags renewed since JANUARY but i dont have time to get it done!!! that's what i keep telling myself as i hunt TF's like a dingo hunting fat juicy babies.

I just needed to get that out as I'm sure there are plenty others just like me.

My name is Tony and im a TFA.

2. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Hi Tony.

Yeah...It can get a little crazy. I was actually just thinking to myself the other day about maybe slowing down a bit and really thinking about taking it easy for awhile.
    I would like to get Jolt and Blaze master, but not to the point that I feel I need to have them. I could even skip the ice cream twins(Something I really wanted when I first saw it.) if I have to.

But Ejector....I neeeed him.

3. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    that's what i said... until i found them. there are also people here that will help feed this addiction. i was looking for Ejector and found him nowhere... someone else found one and hid it for me. a PM later i was in my car and off to find it. i did find it exactly where he said it would be and i bought him.

the Ice Cream twins were found a couple counties away from where i was. i gave my money and a printed picture of what they look like to a 60 year old woman i work with who lives in that county and told her my nephews B-day was next week and all he wanted were these little toys... she didn't even question that fact that i have no brothers or sisters so how the hell could i have a nephew! she just said she would get them and the next morning they were sitting on my desk...

I can say i have turned down a few here and there.. mostly because of the price but I'll get those too... it's just a matter or time!

4. davidarruda

davidarruda That one guy

yeah, i'm usually the same way, over the course of a month, i bought every shelfwarmer at my local walmart because none of the rotf toys got there soon enough

but for now, i'm going to save my money and wait for the new universe stuff

5. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I have come to the conclusion that this place does not help with the addiction. Transformers have a nasty way of leaking into your soul and saying "You must have me".

6. deltaprime

deltaprime The Christian Transfan

News Credits:
    Thank goodness this thread waas started.

Hi, I'm Deltaprime, and I'm a Transformaholic.

Every time we go to Target, guess what I HAVE to do? Yep.

7. Dave_6

Dave_6 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Glad I'm not the only one! I don't really need to be spending any money on them either! :D 

I go in one of the local Walmarts almost every day looking to see if the next wave of ROTF stuff is out (nope it's STILL not out around here). After months of not seeing one, I see a Leader Jetfire finally! Didn't buy it though because I thought his head was broken. Turns out it's supposed to do that (move side to side really easy). Oh well...

8. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

lol Yeah. Not a moment after I posted my first comment, I started looking at pics of Jolt in the cool pics thread, and now I think I may need that figure now. :lol 

9. rustyshark

rustyshark G1 FTW

this thread rocks. im glad im not like the only one who needs to go on intervention.
    mine has taken a strong hold. my office is near a walmart so every day on my lunch break i venture to walmart. on the way home i stop at target. this is an everyday thing. i watch like episodes of various transformers cartoons, have all the series on dvd. play the 360 game alot. im a total addict. on sat and sun mornings when i am off, i wake up EARLY and head out on my runs to target TRU walmart when they open and what not. usually go back later in the evening just to "check" I drive around and look for obscure places like drugstores, discount stores, yardsales, ect trying to score a strange and awesome find. i get pissed when i cant find any new stuff lol. especially when i know they are out now. looking at you new waves of deluxes and voyagers. I just recently started collecting the Animated lines so that is keeping me busy now.
    its a fun hobby thats for sure. keeps me busy. most of my friends think im nuts but i already knew i was nuts lol. if anything collecting transformers keeps me balanced. on the outside im 30 years old, have a great job as as an office admin, drive a hooked up import that i take to car shows, i dont really look like what people stereotype as a geeky guy even tho im the biggest geek tehre ever was lol. kinda like a wolf in sheeps clothing haha. i think i just never really grew up all the way lol. so it makes me happy.
    im jerry and im a transformerholic

10. brr-icy

brr-icy MP Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    last year and earlier this year yes, rotf....easy pass, but japanese stuff is a lot more tempting

11. BradTheMad

BradTheMad Well-Known Member

Hi I'm Bradford and I'm a TFA *sits down*. Glad I'm not the only one but how addicted are you if it has been going on for over fifteen years? I'm an offical junkie I guess...TF's have taken over my household.

12. woolypanda

woolypanda Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have the same exact problem. Back around March is when I became a Transformaholic. I'm not a collector. I'm just not. I haven't purchased a toy since I was a little kid. So I'm walking around a Target and happened to walk by the toy aisle and see some of the Universe figs on an end piece. I look at a few and see Universe 2.0 Starscream and Hound. I see they're on sale for about $8 a piece so I buy them. Ever since then I have been purchasing and purchasing and purchasing. Now my collection is over 100. Not a huge figure but considering I've only been collecting for 6 months...that's a lot of money to throw down on colored pieces of plastic. I can't stop now. I find myself going to TRU and Target every week to see what's out that I don't have. I've gotten better recently since money has become a little tighter...but I know that will all change when Universe returns...I need help! :lol 

13. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    im addicted as well I blame myself, hasbro, takara, and the makersof the TF funnies especially Sharktibolt and Spoiler , Sharktibolt is directly responsible for 2 toy purchases and Spoiler got me hooked on TF Robot heroes

14. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For sure i'm hooked as well. Its funny but I just can't seem to quit

I collected all of Beast Wars back in 99-00
    Found ebay, brought up tons of vintage from 99-02
    quit during Armada, Energon...
    brought a toy or two during 06 (Ehobby Astrotrain)
    Quit
    Animated brings me back to the fold

NOW... the only thing that sucks is I have pretty much all the old G1 I want. Why does that suck? Because i'm going after Vintage Japanese stuff now like LioKaiser (Got him) and Star Saber (If you have 1 for sale PM me) which cost way more money then old American G1.....

15. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Okay, I didn't admit it before, but I am ready now. I'm David and I'm a TFaholic. I even performed my first sale of Transformers today. (£20, and thank you!)

16. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm there. I sold $100 worth of TF on ebay last week and had bought $80 worth off ebay before my auctions even ended.

Fortunately, I've managed to pass on ROTF but I'm being drawn to the Japanese Henkeis and Alternities now!

Since I'm running out of room the next step for me is to sell off my lower value ones and "compact" my collection by buying higher price items.

DOH!!!

17. starsaber888

starsaber888 Well-Known Member

i am getting more and more addcited to TFs and other toys.... Basically it all started in January, i bought the masterpiece thundercracker because i thought it looks nice... i was never really into collecting toys other buying the odd gundam once a year.

i got hooked and since then i got MP04, masterpiece starscream. then i notice the henkei/classic lines and decided to start collecting those because they remind me of the G1 cartoon which i loved as a child. i've also became interested in saint seiya myth cloth and revoltech. i then dug out my old G1 toys and started displaying them with my new ones.

i work 10mins away from forbidden planet so i visit there at least once a week after work just to check whether they have anything interesting. when i go to supermarket i visit the toys section looking for TFs.

my aim now is to get henkei hound, jetfire, TC, SW and minibots, then switch back collecting the other masterpiece figures.

most of my time on the internet is spent on reading this forum, searching for toys and watching toys reviews.... i even went onto youtube and watched the whole series one of TFs.

luckily i am not really into the ROTF toys...may get barricade though..

18. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have my proof that I'm a TFaholic.

Today my grandmother was talking to me about the Mets. She said, "Our season is over."
    The "Our sea-" sounded like Arcee, and that was the first thing that came to my mind. Scary, huh?

19. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

I could stop if I wanted to.

;P

***hooked bad***

20. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Hi. I'm Matt. I'm a TFA.

I thought I was under control until I went to my first Botcon this year. My collection has doubled since . . . :)