TFA: To prebuy or not to prebuy?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by dmc2008, May 28, 2008.

1. dmc2008

dmc2008 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe someone has brought this up already, but I'm curious....
    How many people are prebuying TFA toys VS. people who are waiting for retail? Specifically, people who are very excited and into these figures.. I'm sure there are a bunch of people who are on the fence but will buy them when they see them in the store, but who is actually waiting it out?
    It seems like a lot of people on here have TFAs already.. I myself caved a week ago and am now the proud owner of BB & Cyb. Prime. Now that the crack is in me, I'm on ebay everyday looking for deals... Really thought I could hold out, too.

-Dan

2. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I personally wouldn't preorder unless what you want is a big scalper target, as you'll probably see the toys in stores about a week before you get them.

3. Optimus Kharnal

Optimus Kharnal Well-Known Member

I am waiting. There are a lot of TFA I want, not to mention Universe/classics, but I don't feel the need pay 2-3 times or more over retail just to get a figure early. But if someone else wants to that's their business.

4. Motor_Master

Motor_Master Lets the balls touch TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I preordered most of the animated line when HTS has some good promo codes (free shipping + 10% off, etc). Otherwise I would have waited for them to come out in stores.

I get the first two animated wave, shipped to me for free and the price is less than retail, hell yeah I preordered.

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    I'm waiting to find them at retail. While I'm excited for the line, I prefer to buy TF's, and many other things, in person. I have bought some TF's off of fellow board members, but those were cases where the TF in question was either to old to find in stores, or something I couldn't find in any stores. Like the two Classics Skywarps I've bought off of fellow board members. The 2-packs were out in stores, but I only ever did see them once, and I didn't have the money to buy one, let alone two so I could kitbash my own Classics Thundercracker.

6. Schide

Schide Buyer of Too Much

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I ended up preordering most of the first two waves from HTS with a free shipping + 20% off code, so I saved a nice bit that way and I won't have to go hunting. Although I did leave the 2-pack and Bulkhead so I had something to pick up sometime at a shop.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Waiting for retail on Animated. Other than HTS, most sites are charging too much and the actual ship date from HTS is still up in the air. Some of the HTS discounts have been appealing, but I still have a bunch of those "$5 off $25 toy purchase" coupons from Target to even it out. Given that Animated is going to be everywhere in a few weeks (assuming the Target DCPIs don't show up sooner and there's a possibility of pulling them from the back), I don't expect to have problems finding anything.

I may end up pre-ordering the Universe stuff I want from HTS, though. With some Movie toys sure to still be on shelves for awhile (ie - Real Gear, Robot Heroes, anything outside the standard Deluxe-Voyager range), Animated getting a lot of space and the potential for Universe being scalper bait, I might pre-order just to make sure I have them.

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    I agree
    Given how much support the brand has gotten since the movie, and the fact the cartoon appears to be doing quite well, Animated will probably end up easier to get than just about any line to date. Stores will be FLOODED with product come August.

Universe I would peg as being the most likely to be spotty stocked, but that will most likely only effect smaller markets.

9. Optimus_Prowl

Optimus_Prowl I'm the Goddamed Two-Face

News Credits:
    Well I just bought Animated Prowl off Ebay and I am quite inerested to see how turns out. Seeing as how it's coming from just in Canada I'm thinking it shouldn't take too long to ship to CA. I paid about 15$ for him and I figure with the rising price of gas this summer it equalize itself out if I had to go out of my way to get it from a target.