2D Artwork: TFA Terrorsaur

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by uncledeadward, May 8, 2009.

1. uncledeadward

uncledeadward Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Terrorsaur: Drawn in the style of Transformers Animated and Art Director/Lead Character Designer Derrick J. Wyatt. Like most, when I originally saw the character designs for Transformers Animated I was like, "What the F*@%K?!" But over the last three seasons, I must admit the show has grown on me. And now that it is coming to an end, I thought I'd like to try my hand at drawing some of my favorite characters that I would have loved to see on the show. Now, being a product of the 80's I've always been a G1 purest, but there were a few characters from Beast Wars that I liked. Terrorsaur was one of them, 'cause everyone enjoys a good Starscream archetype. So here is my version of Terrorsaur, with a little back story envisioning how he could fit in the TFA universe. And since gang molds are the cost effective backbone of the toy industry, I've also tossed in Lazorbeak and Fractyl from Beast Wars

Obviously this was done for fun, and I do not own the rights for anything Transformers (Animated or otherwise) names or logos © Hasbro

Lines by Me
    Colors by Me

Dial Up Friendly Pix:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you want to see the original drawings (not dial up friendly) click upon the attached thumbnails.

Back story: Treacherous, deceitful, shifty, opportunistic, power hungry - Terrorsaur is a model Decepticon. During the Great War Terrorsaur was a General in the Decepticon army, in command of Lord Megatrons shock troops the Terrorcons. At a pivotal moment in the war, Terrorsaur and his troops were charged with stopping the Autobots Project Omega. Ever the cocky bot, Terrorsaur underestimated the Autobots Elite Guard, and in particular intelligence operative Arcee. Terrorsaurs failure in stopping Project Omega turned the tied of the war in favor of the Autobots, leading to the Decepticons greatest defeat. Disgraced, Terrorsaur was blamed for the Decepticons loosing the Great War and was tossed out from Megatrons inner circle. Though he promised revenge, Terrorsaur promptly went into hiding, knowing that if Megatron ever found him, he would surely be turned into scrap.

Terrorsaur wandered the galaxy for decacycles before eventually falling into company with Decepticon weapons dealer Swindle, who promised him protection from bounty hunters in return for free labor. Swindle knew he could earn more profit taking advantage of Terrorsaurs jet mode to smuggle contraband across Autobot controlled space, rather than turning him in for the reward. Terrorsaur quickly grew displeased in his new role as Swindles glorified errand bot, but knew he had little other options. He longed for the days where he was powerful and feared. Then one fateful cycle the Decepticon known as Scourge arrived at Swindles base on Gigantion looking to procure information regarding the Quintessons, but found something else he was interested in. Scourge recognized Terrorsaurs power lust and knew he could easily recruit the fallen bot to his ever growing army. Only Terrorsaur had no idea what Scourge had planned for him.

Terrorsaur was handed over to transtechnician Tarantulas for what Scourge referred to as "reformatting." Terrorsaur was apprehensive about the procedure, but the promise of power to finally take revenge against the Autobots and Megatron proved to be too alluring. Terrorsaur agreed to be reformatted into a soldier in Scourges army, and following the horrific procedure that nearly extinguished his spark, Terrorsaur was reborn as a Predacon. However, he was anything but pleased. Terrorsaur hated his new technorganic body and considered it a downgrade. His new archaic pterosaur mode was useless compared to the speed and fire power of his old jet mode. The savageness of his organic half is difficult to control and left him vulnerable to fits of rage. Terrorsaur did not understand how his alternate mode could be based on an extinct organic species when Scourge spoke of survival of the fittest. And if the technorganic is supposedly so superior, then why hasn't Scourge undergone reformatting?

Terrorsaur felt betrayed and soon realized he had made a grave mistake joining Scourge and his cause. Now Terrorsaur will do whatever is necessary to double-cross Scourge and escape his grasp so that he might regain his pure Cybertronian body... Even if that means conspiring with a certain spider.

Attached Files:

2. Empir3

Empir3 Bedstructicon Empir3

Very nice man, i always loved his char in beast wars was so sad when he died lol. Awesome animated adaptation imo

3. uncledeadward

Thanks- Glad you like it.

4. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    if I had to crit one thing it would be the image sizes TFA stuff does not need to be 3000x3000 plus

but other wise cool I like the repaints far more then the red and the added colours to the chest IMO really help it

5. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    That's badass, but I'm not bias at all to TFA: BW :p 

6. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Nice!

7. Tomasemily

Tomasemily Well-Known Member

Smaller pics please? Otherwise the pics are good, especially the redecoes.

8. jtfire

jtfire Well-Known Member

Awesome pic just extremely large lol

9. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Why make them smaller, people? They're re-sized on your screens in this thread anyway. If you're saving them to your computer and want them smaller, re-size them yourselves, it's the easiest thing to do in the world.

10. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Because my computer has the load all the images at their original size BEFORE they're sized down to fit, and that can take a while with images this large

11. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

Man why couldnt you make some characters for the actual show?

12. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
  13. uncledeadward

Apparently size does matter LoL
    Anyway, glad you liked TFA Terrorsaur :thumb 

14. uncledeadward

:sly:  Are people still using dial up?

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Except when the thread re-sizes them it makes them grainier. Also, not veryone has the capacity to download pics (especially ones so large) to their computer to resize them.

The art is great, man, but as others have said, if the Internet connection decides to be a bitch that day, big pics WILL take some time to load before resizing. (While I was replying they even took some time, though delivering me to the actual thread they resize instantly)

16. uncledeadward

Dude, I would effing JUMP at the chance. There is just so much in the Transformers universe that the writers and animators could be kept busy for solar cycles!
    When I first heard about TFA, I thought it would be the dumbest show ever. But I ended up loving how they used the characters, the mythos, the history of it all. A little G1 here, a little Beast Wars there, with some TF Armada sprinkled on top.

I defiantly plan on making a lot more Transformers Animatedized fan-favorites.
    Up Next: Tarantulas, Cosmos, Nightbeat and War Within inspired Autobot Leader Optimus Prime... Or would that be Optimus Magnus?

17. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    The size of the files, Uncledeadward has uploaded is no longer open for debate.
    Your Internet connection speed & load time is not his concern.

The next comment about the file size will be removed & the user banned from the thread & infracted for Trolling.

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  18. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

That Animated Terrorsaur is awesome. :thumb 

19. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    He is freakin' awesome looking, I am loving the bio as well! Great work!!!

20. Altitron

Altitron Commercial Artist

Ebay:
    These look great!!!... but I still prefer BBA's Terrorsaur design. :p 

- Alty