2D Artwork: TFA Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Malunis_T, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Someone told me Derrick Wyatt said TFA Sunstreaker was a fembot using Arcee's body type. Kinda funny, they made Sideswipe from Rodimus, and well... Hot Rod and Arcee. So, why not? Head remold akin to Minerva; same base head, different ear pieces.

I was originally going for a straight Sunstreaker color scheme, but when it was suggested I go for more G2, someone mentioned to me that there was a G2 Sunstreaker custom at Botcon that had the black and yellow swapped. Without reference, I did so and mixed it up a bit. I think it looks alright.

Attached Files:

2. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    I think it looks good. Glad you went with neon yellow, instead of Sunstreaker's regular yellow. It definitely makes her look more G2. I also like how you did the head wings. They remind me of pigtails.

3. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol  DJW made Sunstreaker a chick in animated. First Red Alert, Then Dragstrip and now Sunstreaker.

Also i'm dissapointed that this hasn't happened yet.

4. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Gryph: Thanks :D  The ears were suggested to me on Twitter, made to look more like a fennec fox.

Looking at old G1 Sunny...
    [​IMG]
    ... That's definitely a chick head design.

@Autobot 127: I could swear I'd made another character into a fembot before-- Astrotrain maybe. I remember the design being too generic though, it was basically Slipstream.

As far as TFA Sunstreaker in general I DID make both lambo twins as a new version of the jet twins (similar backstory but they're more resentful for being experiments), but now that we have them in TFA's universe my versions are null =P