TFA Starscream/Movie Starscream

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by UltraPrimus56, Apr 3, 2012.

1. UltraPrimus56

UltraPrimus56 In the ruins of paradise

I loved how muscular and fit Screamer looked in TFA (Not trying to be creepy:) )
    The same goes for movie Screamer, sure he was wide, but he was also an "acrobatic body-builder." The point is that I would've wanted TFP Screamer to be some-what similar, but not the exact same. I know theres a concept art of him looking like what I'm implying, but I would just like in the future, he finds some way to upgrade himself, and just be a little bit bigger.

Who else agrees?

P.S. I have a question. Between these three Starscreams, who would win?

(Hopefully I won't get yelled at by you guys saying that this is a useless thread lol).

2. Snark

Snark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, wouldn't fit his character. This Screamer is more a slimy sneaker.

3. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    I agree. Starscream's slim figure suits his personality in this series.

Of the three, I honestly think movie Starscream would. He's most likely the largest of the three, and possibly the strongest of the three. He's also got a great arsenal of weaponry built into him.

4. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

OH GOD YES! I hate how pathetic this Starscream is. I don't want him to kick everyones ass but he can't win against anyone in this form. Though it would be so awesome if they managed to keep him looking so sly in a stronger form.

Also, I say Animated Starscream would win. I think he is a better fighter than Movie Starscream and TFP Starscream. Movie Scream would be just a little bit dumber and TFP Starscream would be the smartest but not enough to compensate for his inability to fight.

5. DepthWave

DepthWave Decepticon Storm Trooper.

News Credits:
    I agree, TF Animated's StarScream is smart. He shows more action, and this action is inspirational.
    I even got used to his colouring.

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I like this Starscream, but I would definitely would have prefered him to feel more threatening both in design and character. A bit more like movie Starscream (TF1 and RoS, not ROTF and DOTM), with a design that's a blend between the current version and Skyquake/Dreadwing, and a personality that is more cunning and ruthless, more of a threat to both the Autobots and even Megatron. Could have been great. Especially if they let, say, Adler voice him again, though Blum's voice would still suit him.

7. TheosPrime

TheosPrime Complete Amateur

Ebay:
    This Starscream is just fine. Let's not forget that he not only killed Cliffjumper but also almost killed Arcee. I don't think it's his build that gets him in trouble but rather his back-stabiness. Personally, I never like the way the movie SS looked. His robot mode was always too..weird. However, the Animated SS was awesome.

8. grimmlock

grimmlock Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I think TFS SS would win. lets break it down.....

Yes movie SS is bigger and has mor firepower, he didn't take out any Autobot and was taken down by Sam.

TFP SS took out CJ even though CJ was defeatd and injured. but that's credit under his betl none the less.

TFA SS not only tried to take Megatron head on, but he gave the Autobots a run for their money each time he battled them. He even knocked out Ultra Magnus with one blast.

I think TFA SS would win

9. chaddi_90

chaddi_90 Prime

News Credits:
    I think this design fits this version of starscream, personality wise but I honeslty want more of a tfa version of the character. A bit bulkier and someone that doesn't solely rely on his weapons as much.

10. Chromia217

Chromia217 I luv Mark Hamill

I can't decide because I like all his designs, including G1. But TFP Screamer is my favorite as far as personality.

11. TheMrmaster21

TheMrmaster21 I will swallow your soul.

I'm not sure it would work since majority of the Starscreams that we have seen, it looked like he could take on Megatron and kill any Autobot he saw, which he couldn't (minus some series). In this design, it shows that he is not as powerful as he thinks himself to be. It also displays that he is a coward and a liar.

12. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    I would prefer more bulk to him too. Don't like how the bad guys now have to look like bad guys. His voice and personality is fine though.

13. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm actually fine with how he looks. His character's always been protrayed a s asnake like backstabber and his design in Prime finally refelcts that. As much as the G1 desgin and Animated is impressive they really don't seem very snake like to represtnt his nature. They just look more heroic then scary which does fit the Armada Starscream's nature. The movieverse Starscream has a igor like thing going on too which is prety neat.

Personatly wise he's the most developed version of them all alongside with Armada Starscream. As much as Animated Starscream was fun to see he didn't really offere much in terms of character aside from him trying to kill Megatron and getting blown t bits like a stubborn fool. Prime Starscream on the other hand whilenot being too different has more brains in him and is actually quite deadly when he needs to be.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    TFA Screamer would ruin the other two's shit.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    They could give TFP Starscream a transforming jet Pretender shell, kinda like G1 Thunderwing. Screamer would be all sleek and skinny inside while his chunky shell does some battling. Since he currently doesn't have a T-Cog maybe a nice safe transforming Pretender shell would suit him nicely.

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

It sort of depends, if Movie-Starscream is flying, then run to your fucking hills, he's by far the most skilled in aerial combat [in fact, probably the best aerial fighter in all TF franchise], Animated and TFP combined wouldn't stand a chance against him in the air [even if he's flying and they're not].

BUT if he's on the ground, then he would only wreck TFP-SS to pieces with his chainsaw, but then wuold be promptly slaughtered by Animated-SS.

In other words: Aerial battle? Movie-SS. Close-quarter battle? Animated SS.

On the personality thing, I've learned to enjoy current Prime-SS now, but I really think they missed a titanic oportunity to show him as a cunning villain, he was perfect in Darkness Rising, smart, cautious and skilled in combat, but then the show decided to turn him in a pathetic wreck.

To be honest though, Prime-SS isn't exactly dumb as he is ridicuously unlucky, his plans backfire mostly because of some unpredictable occurrence [like Megatron possessing BB] or bad character judgement of SS [trusting both Silas and Airachinid], his plans, techinically, are well-done. The Writers make it look almost like God hates him.

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Hmm, that Starscream vs. Starscream vs. Starscream question actually got me thinking. Prime Starscream is probably out of the running, though his hovering is nice. Animated Starscream should have an edge because he's based on a future fighter jet (rather than an existing one), and his cannons are very powerful. Movie Starscream is really vicious and effective (he totally wtfpwned Ironhide and Ratchet and showed great firepower destroying the Xantium) but sometimes really incompetent, and in general the movie bots seem a little more vulnerable than the more cartoony bots.

18. Primus5289

Primus5289 Well-Known Member

I loved Animated Screamer but wasn't a fan of his Starscream Squarepants voice.

19. Strawberrytop00

Strawberrytop00 Derpticon

I love them all! xD
    TFP Starscream seems to plan things out quickly, taking a chance when the opportunity presence itself. Which so far, hasn't really proved a good idea. But as far as his personality, I think this sleek and slim design works.
    Movie Starscream was indeed the better one when it came to aerial combat. Shame he went out the way he did. I for one loved his design *points to signature* The Decepticons in the films are made to look beastly, creepy, and very in-human and I love that about their designs.
    Animated was and still is one of my more personal favorites too. He actually planned everything out and wasn't an idiot. No offence to G1 Starscream but Megatron would simply trip over a rock and he would shout "Megatron has fallen! I am now Leader!" pfft yeah. Again the design fits him perfect I think.
    So if I had to say who would win, I think Movie Starscream if it was an aerial battle. Or TFA Starscream. Something tells me they could literally snap TFP Starscream like a twig or cause him to retreat.

20. Sinnertwin

Sinnertwin Banned

News Credits:
    Isn't TFA Starscream like, immortal and really damn powerful? I'm pretty sure he'd demolish TFP Starscream, and beat Movie Screamer, though that'd be a much closer fight.

That said, I still love all three deeply. All great characters.