TFA Seeker automorph

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autoclot, Dec 12, 2009.

1. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I couldn't see any other threads on this, but apologies if I missed one...

Anyhoo... I picked up a TFA Skywarp today, and, not realising it had an automorph gimick, I think I may have managed to break said gimick :) 

Could someone describe (or, better, post photos of) which points in the motions of the shoulders and legs are supposed to correspond with what degrees of extension for the nosecone / head?

As it stands, I can get some extension of the nosecone by moving the legs, but not all of it, and the head mechanism doesn't always seem to engage the shoulder gears.

2. Airspeed

Airspeed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Im not exactly sure,but i think both legs and arms are linked to nosecone.so to activate the automorph you just push up the nosecone.so you may just have the gears out of order.

Hope this helps.

3. ORIO

ORIO Plant-Based Bot Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just do it slowly and watch where the pieces are goin. I know with mine I had to that or the head would pop off.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Make sure you have unhooked the legs before you do this. Otherwise, you risk damaging the mechanism.

The way it's supposed to work, you swing down the waist+legs, and as you do this the nosecone retracts. This pushes up the collar, which pushes apart the shoulders. The arms rotate out of the way, and the wings flip into place.

It's quite ingenious, but it almost never works. You want to take it really slow and careful. It mostly works on my Starscream, but Skywarp has given trouble since day one. For the most part I put that down to mold degradation.

5. newmanium

newmanium Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The automorph gimmick was broken on my Skywarp before I took him out of the box. I doubt you broke him. Good news is you can still easily transform him.