2D Artwork: TFA Sandstorm

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Da_Razorsaw, Aug 27, 2010.

1. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Introducing TFA Sandstorm, who will be appearing in part 2 of my Animated fanfic, "Pros & Cons."

Sandstorm began as a concept my friend, DigistarDBZ and I worked at for over a year... and well, we finally realized it. Sandstorm here is, of course, still a triple changer, with a drill tank replacing his helicopter mode. The three faces he has are based off a world war 2 soldier's helmet, with three personalities to match. How he exists and what his role will be will be explored in the story itself. ^^

What do you think?

Attached Files:

2. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Haha, i like the wildman's super smile! Also, i don't understand why he has WWII helmet... explain please (just briefly)? Lets see art wise, pros: the alt mode and general robot designs are very animated-esque in nature, the sarge and wildman heads are very personality injected, the lines are smooth. Cons: the private head seems a little too rounded without enough chin, there are some animated architecture missing (such as the angled upper leg, and (maybe something that can be clarified with colors) the back arch of the hero). But those cons aside, this bot seems very good and i like the execution, just needs to be tuned in! (haha see what i did thar?)

3. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    Good points. His helmet is WWII because I imagined him as a parallel to Blitzwing. So that ended up making him a Allied soldier to counter Blitzwing's Germanesque-ness.

You're right about The Private though. I need to give all the heads a remodel, him especially. I tried to make him look boyish, but all I did was make him look like a clown...

4. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Ahhh, i understand now.So the heads are going to get retooled? I rather like the wildman's one, i hope you keep that mostly the same!