Minor/Repaint: TFA Nemesis Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Iron Spider-Man, Jul 3, 2008.

1. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    This is a thread for my custom Nemesis Prime. I really love the Voyager Optimus Prime mold, and I wanted to get another one, because I do that with things I like, almost too much, even (I own four GI Joe wave 7 Snake Eyes, three modded in some way). So I decided a repaint was in order. Well, after finally deciding on the coloring, and deciding I didn't want to go out and mess with unscrewing him, I just went to work. 3.5 hours later (well, the next day, had to touch up a few things and put finish on him) here he is, compared to the regular Optimus Prime. I am not the best in the world, and he already had a few spots rub off while painting from the figure's loose shoulders, but I think he looks good.

Thanks for the look!

Attached Files:

2. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep, you're right, he does look good :thumb 

3. autobotx23

autobotx23 Banned

Damn good I mights add, and welcome to the Radicons, bud.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's pretty cool - I like the fact that you didn't go with straight black. The main colour kinda reminds me of Armada Final Battle Prime, which I actually liked more than that fig's original colourscheme.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    your painting looks really good. If you're experiencing wear, that means you need to sand down the area in question to allow for the extra mass from the added paint, so there's still enough room for clearance of the moving parts.

Welcome aboard.

6. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It is blueish black right. I think it looks good. Do you paint with only a brush? Because it looks sprayed.

7. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Looks pretty good. I agree with the others on the black/grey you used. It fits animated well. You can tell he wasn't taken apart with a little blue showing through here and there but it's not bad.

I like the side by sides too. There's just something about seeing the custom next to the original that I like a lot

8. Iron Spider-Man

Iron Spider-Man Banned

News Credits:
    Thanks guys! I changed Nemesis's face to purple instead of that light blue, also, so he should look more EVIL! than before.

I don't think I've actually had any wear on any pieces yet, just where stuff pegs into other things, and usually those don't show too much anyway, so I am not terribly worried. The one splotch of red that is on his right side is due to the pin joints in his arm being ridiculously wobbly. I was lucky on the other Optimus, he's got really tight joints there.

As for the paint, it is with a brush, but I sprayed on Plastercraft Acrylic Matte Spray Finish from DecoArt. I works decently and has worked on most of my customs (I've done SW and GI Joes as well) so far.