TFA Megatron Vs TFP Megatron

Discussion in 'Transformers Earthspark and Cartoon Discussion' started by Xaddion, May 21, 2011.

?

Who will win in a one on one match?

1. Animated Megatron

103 vote(s)
    48.1%
  2. Prime Megatron

111 vote(s)
    51.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's what I meant by bad writing tools.

Realistically, you're right. TFPrime Megs' biggest shortcoming was rarely havign an in-story reason to do anything when he just had a nonsense legion of goons. Animated Megs had to do more himself, or leave it in the hands of literally two guys. There's nothing wrong with having your bad guy command an army, but it kind of eliminates any reason for your bad guy to be anything more than the boogeyman.

Also, they were probably under the (incorrect) assumption that if Megatron got out more, he'd be beaten more, and be less of a villain. Untrue as that is, they could've, like, not done simplified episodes where one team beating the otehr in a clear fight was every single option.

2. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

Prime. A much better fighter and strategist who uses his the weakness of his enemies to his advantage. He also has a better vehicle for combat. Animated did almost nothing until the third season. While Prime Megatron was stuck on the ship for quite some time, he didn't want to be bothered with simple tasks.

It seems like sloppy writing on Animated's part that he really didn't have a real plan until season 3, and he only improvised it. Prime Megatron had a plan, and his actions actually effected others unlike Animated did. No offense to Corey Burton, but I don't like having a monotone Megatron voice. I like my Megatron to actually have some personality to him.

3. Nemesis Scar

Nemesis Scar Behind Blue Eyes

Tumblr:
    Let's go about this the death battle way.

TFP MEGATRON

Weapons- This iteration of Megatron is typically armed with a Fusion Cannon, with a bayonet attachment for close combat. In addition, he has the ungodly powerful Star Saber which grants him even more powerful ranged attack.

He also has a badass claw, a Dark Energon sword and the Tartarex Warp Sword.

The chief among these is the Warp Sword, one of the most interesting weapons in his arsenal. In sword mode, it destroys any and all matter. In cannon mode, it fires energon-seeking missiles. He needs no other weapons with this one.

Skills- This Megatron was both a highly competent fighter and a shrewd intellectual who could plot with the best of them. In addition, he was incredibly competent as a leader.

Abilities- Hoo boy, this is gonna to be interesting.

With Dark Energon's corrupting power, this Megatron's basically a lich with a control of a army of the undead and even greater strength than before. As a result of this, he's become a living avatar of Unicron.

With the Dark Spark, he's a god. He can create life as easy he pleases and bend the inhabitants of the universe to his liking. As of this post, any corruption associated wth this artifact have yet to be discovered.

TFA Megatron

Weapons- He has swords, a fusion cannon and...that's it. Boring.

Skills- Pretty much the same as TFP Megatron.

Abilities- With the Allspark, Megatron gains a sudden burst of sheer burning justice that enhances his abilities.

IN CONCLUSION

It would be a pretty easy fight for TFP Megatron to win, what with his vast arsenal and godlike powers.

4. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Wait, wait a second

Am I the only one who might spy a discrepancy here in their base weapon muse?

The original post decrees that both Megatrons aren't allowed to use additional powers/Dark Energon/weaponry other than their natural arsenal, because that would unfairly tip the scales.

This is just a plain old brawl, no demon blood, no magic spheres, just them and their cannons and their swords and their unrelenting hatred of those who would barricade them from their destiny!

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I don't know. Tfp is a great fighter but tfa is smarter.

6. Coffee

Coffee (╭☞ꗞᨓꗞ)╭☞

News Credits:
    Take away all his god powers and macguffins or whatever, Prime Megatron doesn't look like he's stand a chance against Animated. Animated just came off as smarter in pretty much every way and could probably win the fight with his wits alone.

7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    So, a fusion cannon and swords are awesome, but a fusion cannon and swords are boring?

NOT BIASED AT ALL. Flawless arguement, supported by straight facts and objective viewpoints.

8. Nemesis Scar

Tumblr:
    It's not the fusion cannon and swords themselves, it's the fact that they're not that special when you compare them to the Tartarex Warp Sword or Dark Star Saber. In fact, I believe from my copy of the Allspark Almanac that they are made of a normal if durable metal that has no special properties beyond it's chemical properties.

In fact, I believe that even without special powers, TFP Megatron still wins out due to his sheer amount of weapons. For christ's sake, the Tartarex Warp Sword is covered in Antibaryonic matter.

To give you a idea of the scale of power, I'd like to note that the bombs dropped on Nagasaki and Hiroshima only used less than 1% of a atom's power. Antibaryonic matter uses up to 80% in a single gram, making it the most powerful energy source known to man.

TFP Megatron wields a sword covered in this, that can convert to a weapon meant to kill a Cybertronian.

9. Shadowwavepool7

Shadowwavepool7 Life's suffering slave

Yeah, not to mention Prime Megatron's cunning as well. Animated Megatron is overrated.

10. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

What is this sword?

11. Nemesis Scar

Tumblr:
    [​IMG]

1. This weapon.

2. What?

12. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

My mistake, I thought you were referring to the comment about how Animated Megs was hit by a nuke and survived it.

Besides, I think we should stick to show logic. G1 Megatron is supposed to be able to channel antimatter as a weapon and Prime Megatron is supposed to be able to create plagues.

13. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

This weapon sounds and looks amazing, but I have to disappoint you in that, for all intents and purposes in the actual Prime canon that we are deriving the character from to have this imaginary battle with, it doesn't exist, just as the Megatron form who uses it does not exist. Ergo, it does not comply with the OP's guidelines. It's just a cool addition for a cool toy remodel.

What this puck said. Adding non-canon toy abilities only convolutes the matter at hand.

14. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    The first-post rules say 'no items'. I'm pretty sure the Warp Sword counts as an 'item' - it's not part of Prime Megatron's personal arsenal.

Although, hey, if we're going to mine toy bios to try and win arguments, I'll note that Animated Megatron's mentions that his armour is resistant to anti-matter attacks:

If we extend our search to Shadow Blade Megatron, since apparently toy-only power-up forms are fair game, we learn:

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Toy Fiction abilities =/ actual show abilities.

16. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    TFP

17. IvegottheTouch

IvegottheTouch Wrecker

Prime Megatron

18. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Prime Megatron would rip Animated Megatron apart

19. TF Cagle

TF Cagle The Prime of Reviews

TFP Megatron would just intimidate him with his voice and then use his supreme fighting skills to destroy TFA Megatron.

20. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like both Megatrons but I'm going with Animated. I just liked the way he was causing trouble when he was just a head.

I also liked the way he won the Constructicons over to his cause. Animated Megs certainly had people skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.