TFA Lugnut or Deluxes.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Stune, Aug 21, 2009.

?

Which Animated Figure First?

1. Lugnut/Atomic Lugnut

15 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. Deluxe Ratchet

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Blackarachnia

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  4. Oil Slick

11 vote(s)
    28.9%
  1. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm trying to build my stable of Animated figures now before they go off shelves. I've only got a few holes in terms of what I want in my collection for now, and was curious if I should grab one of the following RIGHT NOW!!

Or in otherwords, in terms of Quality of the toy, which should I grab first, and what would be a better idea to pass on until later.

1. Lugnut/Atomic Lugnut

2. Deluxe Ratchet

3. Deluxe Blackarachnia

4. Deluxe Oil Slick.

Those are the only four Molds I don't have yet from Animated, discounting a few activators and Voyagers Prime and Bulkhead, whom I already have the version I want of their characters.

Decide =P

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lugnut, Ratchet and Oil Slick are awesome, but there's cooler versions of both coming out later soooo... yeah, Lugz.

3. Wazzpinator

Wazzpinator is playin ODST

I loooooooooooooooooove lugnut so much. I voted fo that.

4. Cyber-Kun

Cyber-Kun UNLEASHED!

News Credits:
    Lugnut or ratchet, both are awesome.

5. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    non-atomic lug

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    what new version of oil slick? yeah lugnut is awesome

7. devilution

devilution Well-Known Member

i have all of the above. the only one that stands on its merits alone is oil slick. the other three are not great toys.

oil slick is fantastic. i got him just for the sake of completing my collection, and he turned out to be one of my favorite transformers toys ever. i can't even say why, really . . . he's very poseable, has a cool transformation, yada yada... but there's just something about him that really makes me like him.

as for the other three, blackarachnia is best of the bunch, but not really anything special.

lugnut has an accurate robot mode and a nice transformation, but his robot mode is TINY and does not fit at all with the rest - he should have a leader class to match bulkhead's. really, he's a good, solid toy, but his size inaccuracy really puts a damper on him.

ratchet is just a train wreck. he can barely stand up; his overall design just isn't very good. there are plenty of complaints about him on the boards. again, only get him if you need it for the sake of completing the set.

8. TheFallen

TheFallen Megatronus

News Credits:
    I'd go for Blackarachnia and Ratchet first, they are two of my favorite animated figs.

9. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    theres a repaint coming out with the new ones, i think its a little more cartoon accurate. and the 'chain' looks thinner and longer in the wep, i dont know if it just looks that way in the pic though.

10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm going to have to chime in, just to disagree with the guy above. Blackarachnia is the only one of the figures named I would have reservations recommending. Ratchet is a good, solid figure with a nice array of accessories. Oil Slick is excellent, and the only complaint against him is his size. Not really a problem if you have him facing off against Voyager Bulkhead, or you remember that they're toys and you should enjoy the bloody things.

11. areaseven

areaseven Live to Win

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Get Blackarachnia first, as she's the most likely to fly off shelves. Oil Slick is good, but is a shelf-warmer at most. Ratchet collects dust at every toy store I've been. And Lugnut is disappointingly small for a Voyager Class figure. Hasbro should've made him a Leader Class instead.

12. Terrorcon_King

Terrorcon_King Has Gone Transmetal

News Credits:
    Blackarachnia All the way man!!

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In order, I'd get Oil Slick, Ratchet, Blackarachnia and the Lugnut. Oil Slick and Ratchet are excellent figures and Blackarachnia, despite some flaws, is solid as well. Lugnut is OK, but too much space is wasted on the "mace" weapon and he's not that impressive compared to the rest of the line. Strictly from a practical standpoint, Lugnut is probably the worst shelfwarmer of the Animated line; pretty much every store in my area still has at least 1 Lugnut, Atomic Lugnut or both.

Pretty sure that repaint was confirmed to have been cancelled.

14. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    Oil Slick and Lugnut are two of my favorite toys from the Animated line, you can't go wrong with either one. If you had to pick, I'd say get Oil Slick first and grab that Ratchet while you're at it if you're trying to stick to a $20 price tag. BA is okay, but her transformation is kind of fiddly.

15. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I'm sorry, but I own Ratchet myself, and I can't possibly see how you can think ANY of that is true about the figure. He can be stable in many poses (provided you figure out he has some internal heels that can be deployed if need be), he's pretty damn well near-accurate to his earth form, he's got great playability with his multiple medical tools, and if you have a version of Lockdown, the EMP can fit in the war wound.

Anyways, back on topic. Of the options, I'd say go with Lugnut or Oil Slick. Ratchet's getting that new cybertron version mold, and BA is just weird looking, even if you consider the fact she's supposed to be that way. Lugnut is a pretty accurate representation of the character (size class problems aside), and Oil Slick is just that awesomely metal looking.

16. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i love lugnut too, but i love oilslick even more

17. Dally

Dally Decepticon

Ebay:
    If you've already got the other main Autobots I would just go ahead and get Ratchet to complete the lineup. Leader Bulkhead, Deluxe Prowl, Deluxe Ratchet, Voyager Prime, and Activators Bumblebee look amazing together.

18. AMG

AMG Old School

I'd get BA first, as I think it's the best BA toy we've seen yet.

19. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    I say Deluxes.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    It's a toughy.

I'd say go deluxes, because they'll be harder to get if you don't, wheras it'll be easier to grab Lugnut later.