2D Artwork: TFA Long Haul

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by BB Shockwave, Jul 11, 2009.

1. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    After my Transformers Animated Bonecrusher, here is my second TFA Constructicon redesign: Long Haul!

When I started to think about his looks, I thought about what defines his character, and two things came to mind. 1.: Long Haul has to haul a lot of heavy stuff around. 2.: He hates doing that and dreams of an adventurous life.

So, I gave him a sort of "hunched", depressed look, to shows how bored he is of his job.

As for his 'powers' AKA speciality - I started thinking, what would help Long Haul do his job - transporting stuff - even better? And then I saw a concept art of RTOF Overload and came to the idea to give him four arms! :) 

For his alt mode and transformation, I wanted to try something new, other then the various TF dumptrucks before (G1 Long Haul, Micromaster Long Haul, G2 Dirtbag, Energon Demolishor, Movie Long Haul) - but I wanted to keep his "front of truck becomes chest" part as it is his most defining treat. I also kept his head looking the way it looked on the G1 toy (except for adding the mandatory Constructicon helmet), as I really like it - he's so solemn and sad. :( 

Transformation goes this way: shoulders are attached to the front wheels, which rotate out, front bumpers become arms. Lower body slides out of truck front, rear double wheels become lower legs, feet are on ball joints, attached to the knees with a hinge (not visible here) - double wheels bend into this hinge. Head pops out of truck cab. When not used, the loader part stays as a backpack. If opened (with ratcheting joints) it splits in two. The upper arms are formed from the bottom of the loader and undercarriage, the gas tanks attached to it become the lower arms, fists slide out!

Hope you like him - Hook is the next one, but I already have "Scrapper" worked out as well (gonna call him Scavenger since the in-show Scrapper has G1 Scavenger's alt mode and personality)

Attached Files:

2. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    That better than Bonecrusher. Good Job, Man.

3. Toxicon

Toxicon Banned

News Credits:
    I love it.

4. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

4 arms? cool, easier to carry stuff

5. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When Megatron moves to a new base, Long Haul has to carry all the luggage! :)  (he complains about that a lot)

6. SoundFire Prime

SoundFire Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like it.

7. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

man i feel bad for him, and u even designed him so he hates ilife even more...meanie!
    XDS nice job man it came out real well

8. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! Yeah, he's kinda sad looking, I know. I plan to draw a pic of him daydreaming of having some grand adventure, while Dirt Boss is hopping on his shoulders shouting "Get to work!" :)  I have those moments a lot at the office...

9. Christiankid7

Christiankid7 Christianbot

Good Job BB Shockwave you are an excellent artist

10. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks! :D