Minor/Repaint: TFA Legends Class Shadow Prime

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Nightwind, Feb 7, 2009.

1. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Hello all! Here's another little Transformer custom. I had this Legends Class Animated Prime hanging around and thought it would be fun to make my version of an "evil" Prime.

It's a pretty straight forward repaint, but I had a lot of fun with the process! I just took him apart completely and painted everything but the wheels and the upper arms black. I then added some dark gray to his feet and a couple of other areas. The blue was a custom color that I mixed using silver and cobalt blue. Metallic red was used for the headlights and his eyes, although it's really difficult to see the eyes. I finished the paint off with some silver chrome drybrushing to give him a weathered look. I added a decepticon logo sticker to the top and then finished him with a flat clear coat.

Once he was "done", I thought this guy could really use some guns. So I went to my parts drawer (never had one until recently!) to see what I could find. I couldn't find any guns that I thought would fit, but I did notice that I had some tiny wrenches that are used to remove the wheels from those little finger skateboards and I thought that they definitely had the potential to work! The first picture shows what these wreches look like. After testing them out in several spots, I realized that they could double as smokestacks! They are removable, but all you really have to do to use them as shoulder cannons is turn them once he's transformed. I also found a hand from an Emperor Palpatine Star Wars figure that had force lightning on the fingers and thought that it would look cool as a gun firing effect.

All in all, I really like the way he turned out! The only thing I'm not really sold on is the sticker that I used for the Decepticon logo. I would have liked to find something else, but i still think it fits the feel of the figure for the most part.

I hope you all dig it! As always, comments and critique are welcome!

Attached Files:

2. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    the smokestacks seem to be too tall for the scale of the alt mode, but other than that little nitpick, he looks sweet.

3. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I saw your post over in "Cool Stuff", and certainly am glad to see your work again! Especially where it belongs more :) 

I must say that each piece you've made, I've thoroughly enjoyed! This guy is no different. I love the shot with Prowl as well. Great work :thumb 

4. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

Wow! Praise from the masters! Thank you both very much!

Redline~I agree that the smokestacks are a little too long, but I thought that the Animated design is so exageratted anyway that I didn't take too much away from the look.

Superquad7~High praise, indeed! I honestly would not have even thought about trying to do my own custom work if it weren't for the inspiration that I've gained from you and everyone else here! Thanks for the picture comment! It was a really fun shoot! :) 

5. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Ahh! Great job, LOVE me some Legends Class! :thumbs2: The stacks overall lenght doesn't bother me a bit. It does seem like they mount a tad high up in truck mode, but that's easy to forgive! Prime needs his stacks! Now just figger out a way to make them into a double barreled shotgun and we have a truly baddass 'lil Prime!

6. Superquad7

News Credits:
    It's obvious you're having fun, and that will translate to those you share your work with :)  I'm glad that the Radicons can inspire you to make cool things. I hope we continue to see more and more from you :thumb 

7. Treadshot A1

Treadshot A1 Or just 'A1' for short...

To be really honest, the stacks are a bit long, but i suppose it will work in animated.

Otherwise, i quite like this guy.:thumbs2: 

8. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

More Legends fans! Great! I love it. And the smoke stacks are very clever. Maybe they are a bit high, but it's an alien truck, we can imagine they are suppoused to be like that.

9. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Hehe, I was wondering if/when you'd chime in on this thread; great to see you around again :) 

10. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

I'm not far, I just have been busy. I have doubled the size of the company I manage, so it's a lot of work. But I have something to show regarding my mini KO Devastator: legs are mostly finished. Stay tuned.