2D Artwork: TFA Headmaster Saga: Sunstreaker

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by uncledeadward, Aug 14, 2010.

1. uncledeadward

uncledeadward Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Lately I've been playing around with the idea of a theoretical Season 5 of Transformers Animated. It would herald the return of Henry Masterson and Porter C. Powell as major villains in the TFA Universe by pwning our favorite bots in a season long Headmaster story arc. What follows is the result of my toying around, with more Season 5 characters and stories to come.

Obviously this was done for fun, and I do not own the rights for anything Transformers (Animated or otherwise) names & logos © Hasbro

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Backstory: Sunstreaker may be full of himself, but feels he has earned every right to be egotistical. With the growing Decepticon threat, Sunstreaker and his brother Sideswipe decided to leave their jobs as repair bots at the Central Spaceport to enlist so that they may help defend the planet that they loved. When they arrived at Autobot Academy, few thought at pair of mudflaps from the lower levels would even last a click. Sunstreaker quickly proved everyone wrong by excelling in boot camp and almost immediately began Elite Guard training. Sunstreaker easily mastered his courses and aced every combat simulation the Elite Guard had. Sunstreaker even impressed Master Dai Atlas during Circut-Su training. Sunstreaker was built to fight. He is sleek, fast, and accomplished in battle. Focusing on his enemies with absolute attention, his chassis is a shining blur as he leaps through the air, twisting to avoid enemy fire. Converting to his vehicle to drive at blazing speed, he uses every trick in the book to get close to his opponent, and put his powerful Fusion Arc Welder to work. The mudflap from the lower levels had earned the respect of his peers, and was even offered the rank of Minor by Ultra Magnus. Sunstreak though declined the position. Talented as he is, like his brother Sideswipe, Sunstreaker is a bit of a loner and felt working within a team would only slow him down. Sunstreaker decided to offer his services to Autobot Intelligence, knowing they would be able to use a bot of his unique talents.

With ever increasing hostilities from Decepticon forces and intel showing Earth to be the hub of Decepticon communiques, Sunstreaker was sent to the human home world to smoke out any remaining Decepticon ringleaders and to provide back up to Optimus Prime and his crew. Once arriving on Earth, Sunstreaker was surprised by the level of technological advancement an organic species was capable of. Sunstreaker is used to working alone, but he's enough of a team player to recognize he was going to need help locating Decepticons when they can so easily hide in plain sight. Combing through the human's information network, Sunstreaker stumbled upon a blog called Mechatopia, a site dedicated to collecting and discussing evidence of the presence of giant alien robots on Earth. Sunstreaker decided it prudent to track down the blogger responsible, thinking he may have more detailed intel on the movements of the Decepticons. Needless to say, the author Hunter O'Nion was surprised when a giant alien robot knocked on his front door. Unfortunately Hunter O'Nion's blog was actually little more than a Transformers Fan Club, but the persistent Hunter was more than willing to offer his "expertise" to Sunstreaker. Apprehensive to spend any amount of extended time with organic, Sunstreaker agreed to team up because Hunter swore he heard from a reliable source that there was robot jets sighted in Arizona. But before Sunstreaker and Hunter could even make it out of Detroit, they were attacked by an unknown force of purple flying heads. Unbeknownst to Sunstreaker and Hunter, they had fallen into a plan devised by Porter C. Powell and Henry Masterson to get revenge against Optimus Prime and his team of Autobots.

Attached Files:

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I like this Sunstreaker. He looks more like an Animated character. I like the lankier body that implies his more quick on his feet then a brawler. The only two things I'd add to are the the feet, which look a little too close to Bumblebee's with the headlights in that position, and just something extra to help give a better idea of the character's function or personality.

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I love your renditions of the twins, absolutely incredible!

4. uncledeadward

Yeah, I was worried about the feet. The original sketch I did had the front wheels folding under to become the bottom of the foot, but then I worried that it looked like he was wearing platform shoes LoL

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    IDW meets TFA. Fantastic. :bay 

6. ssg4life

ssg4life Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    awesome. just awesome

but isn't hunter blonde?

7. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

He looks fantastic.

8. Da_Razorsaw

Da_Razorsaw Highwire ownz j00

News Credits:
    I think what I like best about this is that you remembered Sunstreaker is a jerk ass. XD

Very nice. Hunter looks rather like Ben Tennyson.

9. Kungfu Dinobot

Kungfu Dinobot Well-Known Member

MCCARTHY WILL NOT BE PLEASED:ev: 

10. uncledeadward

Yeah. You think the jacket was a little too much? Trying to copy Derrick J. Wyatt's style I was afraid Hunter would turn out looking like a Teen Titan LoLz

11. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

Dude this is really really awesome as I already posted Keep it up

12. uncledeadward

Thanks, I appreciate it :thumbs2:  And there's more on the way.