Minor/Repaint: TFA Ghost Rider

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Shinobitron, Aug 1, 2008.

1. Shinobitron

Shinobitron Cybertronian Ninja

Ebay:
    I seen another Ghost Rider done by plowking while mine was getting worked on and it looked hella cool.
    My version comes made from Oil Slick and has a few new features such as it being a triple changer! Not only Does Ghost Riders bike change into Ghost Rider but it also can convert into Johnny Blaze(atron). I also gave him his trademark shot gun in his bot mode. But in the presence of evil Blaze changes from a simple autobot warrior into the feared Ghost Rider. (extend the arms, exchange heads, and extend the claws).

one of the cool features of this figure is that it is in scale with Marvel Legends SHS figures so your SHS Ghost Rider can ride your TF Ghost Rider!

Attached Files:

2. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Shhaweet!!:bowdown: 

4. TonyzCustomz

TonyzCustomz Am I doin it rite? TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is such a simple but awesome Bash. Great Job I need to make one now! Awesome Idea on the triple change having regular bot turning into the Ghost Rider is sweet.

5. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  6. scouse--13

scouse--13 13

thats so cool. the tripel changer is a awsome idear alot of work and idears have gone into that well done

7. agentgro420

agentgro420 Le potteux

Ebay:
    you took a shitty-looking toy and make it awesome!!

wow!!

8. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Another nice one Shinobi :thumb 

Where did you get the flames from?...or did you make them?.....

9. Shinobitron

Ebay:
    Thanks! The flames came from a Marvel Legends Human Torch figure and hot glue. I added pegs so they would attche to the bike.

BTW I mentioned in my descrip someone else got one done while I was working on mine and it was you man so I owe you some credit for being the first!

10. Nemesis Predaking

Nemesis Predaking Offical Enforcer WTF@TFW Veteran

News Credits:
    NICE !!!!! It's amazing how 2 bashes can be the same, but so different.
    Making him a triple-changer with Johnny Blaze(atron) mode, Brilliant

11. Deadend

Deadend Overloaded Spark

News Credits:
    Both versions are just pure joy. I'd love to make one of these myself.

12. Ezilla82

Ezilla82 Expect the Unexpected.

Wow! Shinobi, you really did an awesome job and making him a triple changer from Ghost Rider to bike to Johnny Blaze (atron) is a strike of pure genius. So kudos to you, man.

13. Paul Prime

Paul Prime Well-Known Member

Shinobitron, Plowking, I hate you both. You have made me wish to own an Animated figure. I will not forgive you for this...

(unless you send me one of those absolutely marvellous customs).

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Namely, citing sources is the right thing to do, each time as much as one can do. It's understandable if many have been made (though even then the artist really needs to try to cite the original piece and the other pieces that inspired him). But should we need any other reason beside that:

1. It's just polite and respectful to the original artist. Sure, imitation is a high form of flattery, but part of this imitation is a continued attitude of artistic humility. "I am really proud of my piece, but I really owe artist0001 here some props for his work, as he pioneered the idea." Regardless if two artists come up with the same or similar idea on their own, anytime something is created in the world, the first person who does so retains creator ownership of that idea.
    2. . . . which leads me into point 2: reproductive rights. If the original artist truly wants a one-of-a-kind idea and creates such, then that artist has sole ownership of that idea and is entitled all of the rights that come with that. Is there some play area here (no pun intended)? Sure. Personally, I'd say that if someone saw a piece of art and wanted to emulate that idea for no other purpose than creating a piece for themselves (as in it remains in one's own collection), I see little problem (though even here it's polite to ask the original artist for permission to do so). Honestly here, this is where the citations are so valuable. Often times, if an artist is cited anyways, they have little problem with it. However, if the artist is totally left out and then someone does someone with the copy (such as sell it on ebay), not only is the original artist snubbed, but it was their idea to begin with. At what point is the original artist included in the profit? A copy is made and sold, but that copy is the intellectual property of another artist. Legally, the original artist is entitled to royalties at least.
    3. . . . which leads into point 3, sales of an unauthorized original idea. There have been a few threads here recently in particular regarding ebay sales of unauthorized intellectual properties. Both ebay and the respective companies (such as Hasbro and Warner Bros.) have really cracked down on the sales here. Why? Because they are well within their rights to do so. The original artist(s) have the right to be compensated for their work, whether that's a cooperate company or a Radicon.

I can discuss this topic more, but I feel I've made the necessary points. Also, I feel like it's :deadhorse:  (and one that it seems I've had to continue to beat). Regardless, I've commented on this topic many times (and will continue to do so for education purposes). Guys, this topic has become more and more of an issue specifically in our customs world with the increasing popularity and expansion of our craft. There has also been artists who have been damaged and suffered over this very issue. I don't think I could imagine that the majority of any artist's intention is to plow over another artist, but it does happen and has happened. I also caution my own communication of this issue. I do so passionately and firmly without compromise, but know my goal is peace and for the right things to be done. This is one reason why it's so very important that not only Radicons make killer artwork, but also that they go about everything rightly. That's the Radicon way. :thumb 

That being said, Radicons . . . customize!

15. TonyzCustomz

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    LOL I am not going to argue your points as they are valid but he did say he was working on the same thing even when Plow posted it, that means that everyone that is making a Kup needs to do the same thing? That's silly. It is up to plow, if he cares that is, to make sure his "original idea" is given proper credit, and he can do that by pm if it bothers him. From what I see, Shin went above and beyond and started working on it around the same time so there should be no problem. I dunno just kinda lame posting a link with no explanation in the first place, not mad just thought it was funny with no explanation that's all.

Anywho that's what was on my mind, no hard feelings. Radicons Customize! FTW

16. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Well, you asked and I answered! :lol  You hit the nail on the head with your point (which is what I reinforced): it is up to plowking. However, pk (or anyone else) does not have to use pms for this issue. Now granted, everyone still needs to be polite and respectful in going about whatever they do, but I'd made that point as well. I also did so with my own post because the things I say are often misconstrued anyways.

As far as it being "silly", I think it's pretty obvious that I disagree with that attitude. As far as a random custom on a Kup itself, for example, then no. We post on a Transformers board, so it's an obvious given that we are going to make artwork based off of Hasbro's intellectual property. However, when someone has already pioneered a project and another person comes along either replicating it or emulating the same project, then yes, citing a source is the right thing to do. If it turns out that there are a sheer number of the same type of custom (Alternators Trailbreaker is an infamous example), one should simply say that "I've seen this done quite a few times, but he's my spin on it."

As for me simply posting a hyperlink to plowking's original thread, it didn't seem by your reply there was little confusion as to why I posted it:

All I did was simply post a reminder, in case a person didn't fall under "most" at some point. Both threads won't be on the front page forever ya know. :) 

Also, I don't recall saying anything against Shinobitron's work. Had ya not asked me about the reason I'd posted it, persons could just have went to plowking's thread as well. I've had to do a lot of work in this particular area, so essentially I'm just doing my job. Sometimes, it's better to be proactive than reactive. If you feel that's lame, just contact me about it. :thumb 

This all being said (and hopefully all that's needed saying has been :) ). I didn't take the opportunity to give Shinobitron here props. The work is top notch as always! Personally, I'm always glad to see new projects from Shinobitron. Your contributions are always appreciated, man :thumb 

17. chiptimus_prime

chiptimus_prime Superfluous Trailer

News Credits:
    Here's fare bit of irony for you folks to enjoy. I pulled this bit from Ghost Riders Wikipedia entry:

"Thomas, Marvel's editor-in-chief at the time, described the character's genesis:

“I had made up a character as a villain in Daredevil — a very lackluster character — called Stunt-Master... a motorcyclist. Anyway, when Gary Friedrich started writing Daredevil, he said, "Instead of Stunt-Master, I'd like to make the villain a really weird motorcycle-riding character called Ghost Rider." He didn't describe him. I said, "Yeah, Gary, there's only one thing wrong with it," and he kind of looked at me weird, because we were old friends from Missouri, and I said, "That's too good an idea to be just a villain in Daredevil. He should start out right away in his own book." When Gary wasn't there the day we were going to design it, Mike Ploog, who was going to be the artist, and I designed the character. I had this idea for the skull-head, something like Elvis' 1968 Special jumpsuit, and so forth, and Ploog put the fire on the head, just because he thought it looked nice. Gary liked it, so they went off and did it.[1] ”

Friedrich on the above, in 2001:

“ Well, there's some disagreement between Roy, Mike, and I over that. I threatened on more than one occasion that if Marvel gets in a position where they are gonna make a movie or make a lot of money off of it, I'm gonna sue them, and I probably will. ...It was my idea. It was always my idea from the first time we talked about it, it turned out to be a guy with a flaming skull and rode a motorcycle. Ploog seems to think the flaming skull was his idea. But, to tell you the truth, it was my idea.[2] ”

On April 4, 2007, Friedrich sued Marvel Enterprises, Sony Pictures, Columbia TriStar Motion Pictures, Relativity Media, Crystal Sky Pictures, Michael DeLuca Productions, Hasbro, and Take-Two Interactive, alleging his copyrights to the Ghost Rider character have been exploited and used in a "joint venture and conspiracy". The lawsuit states that the film rights and merchandising reverted from Marvel to him in 2001.[3]"

18. Superquad7

News Credits:
  19. Shinobitron

Ebay:
    Ummmm I didn't want to make controversy just a cool looking figure :( 

I was waiting for a Human Torch figure to show up for the flames when I seen Plowkings hit the Gallery. At no point did I ever want to take credit from Plow but I also did not want to scrap my project that was just flames away from completion. The first statement in my descrip says that someone has done this figure and they made it look hella cool. At that point I did not know who created the figure. I sometimes will be away from the PC for days at a time due to my regular work schedule thus not letting me see it when it hit the boards.

I'm glad that everyone enjoyed my version of GR and also can see that it is not an exact duplicate. Both of us did this piece in two differnt art styles and as such both figures are made from the same base and yet differnet. I applaud Plows true TFA version as he did a killer job retooling the head to make it look like GR just popped off the TFA series.

20. plowking

plowking I'm with ErechOveraker. Veteran

News Credits:
    Its cool Shinobi....you did open with the line: I seen another Ghost Rider done while mine was getting worked on and it looked hella cool.

So you covered that, and you posted props in my GR thread too.

We are all artists here. I am sure that I am not the only one that saw Oil Slick and thought about GR....who knows...someone, some where else may have beaten me to the punch by posting theirs first....I dont know.

Again Shinobi, thanks for the props, and again, yours is slammin too with the triple changing going on :D 

Good luck on the sale :thumb