TFA Deluxe Bumblebee: Takara vs. Hasbro Comparison Pics

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by bny888, Apr 13, 2010.

1. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Deffinately prefer the Hasbro version. The gold is nice, but inconsistent and doesn't cover all the Yellow. The Hasbro's yellow is much nicer due to it's consistency.

If only the Hasbro ver. had the red autobot logo. Then it'd be perfect.

3. [Wing_Saber-X]

[Wing_Saber-X] BATTLE GAIA!

News Credits:
    Im with you on this. Hasbro version colours = toon accurate. :D 

4. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    I prefer the flat yellow. I guess it would make a cool Goldbug with the Reprolabels battle mask though.

Also, I don't see why people think the Takara packaging is superior to the Hasbro packaging. The Hasbro packaging reflects the animated style much more. But that's just me.

5. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like the Hasbro one more, but I may pick up the Takara one anyway and use him as an Animated Goldbug.

6. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I actually love all the color variants, I'm very excited to get the Waspinator BB repaint as well! :) 

7. TehPaws

TehPaws I have a silly name!

That gold is actually very distracting. The Takara one loses a lot of the black line details that flesh out the original's show-accurate scheme. I think I'll stick with my Hasbro version...even if the "sticky" paint is starting to discolor and annoy me.

8. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

I like that the stingers go all the way in but, otherwise...Hasbro for me.

9. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I really like the gold, but the fact that it's not covering every bit of the yellow is a real turn off. Do like the packaging a lot, though

10. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    I agree, they should have painted even the inside portions gold...

11. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks pretty impressive in all the gold.

I still find it curious that the carded Japanese figures use the exact same shape on the cardboard and bubble, but with different printing and inserts (and inner bubble for the toy in robot mode). Just funny to see these shapes and divots that are designed around the logos and such on the Hasbro package, which fit nothing on the Takara package.

12. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Really hammers home how out of place the movie 'bot and 'con symbols look an Animated toys. Pity they couldn't have all had the G1 red n' purple with white trim.

As far as the rest of the toy goes... Not too many things in this universe look less like a solid massive object than yellow plastic. So I'll take any painted Transformer over a bare yellow plastic Transformer.

13. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, at least his waist and thighs are painted, contrary to what pre-release photos showed.

14. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Looks cool. I prefer my standard BB, but I might track this guy down sometime to have a Goldbug in my collection, and to have another shiney robutt for my Japanese Arcee to hang out with.

15. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Whoa, look at him. He's a gold bug! [/first]

If the gold covered BB's entire body, it might sit better with me. Much like Starscream, the inconsistent chrome paint is a different color than the plastic it's painted on, and it just looks kinda bad from some angles. With others, like Bulkhead, the paint may be different colored from the plastic, but Bulkhead's paint covers so much of it that it's not so bad.

Hasbro's version has toon-accurate colors and is more consistent.

16. mitchsantona

mitchsantona Seeker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think he looks pretty cool Gold. Not really official, but I consider this a Gold-Bug Variant. Same with Bulhead. Not official, but I love me some shiny metallic Animated Toys!

17. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Well, points to Takara for getting the insignias correct on the TF:A toys, but I really don't like the shiny paint in general. The flat colors of the Hasbro releases fit a lot better with the cel animation colors of the show. I guess if Henkei taught us anything it's the Takara likes to make with the unnecessary shiny for any line that Hasbro releases before they do.

I'm not actually bothered by Hasbro's inaccurate insignia all that much, and if I was I would go the reprolabel route rather than Takara.

18. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    Glad I ordered this one, along with Bulkhead (almost typed Ironhide there..the shame!!).

Will fit nicely in my collection, not as replacements, but as shiny extra additions to characters I already own.

19. ChrisW

ChrisW Well-Known Member

I quite like the shiny gold Bumblebee. The yellow bits on the insides of the feet and shoulders don't really bug me, and he looks much better in car mode than the Hasbro version with its two distinct shades of yellow.

The only complaints I have are that he really needs a bicep swivel, and that the fake windshield piece likes to pop off for some reason. I don't think the two halves of the chest are pushed together as closely as they cold be, and the windshield pops off its peg on one side as a result. I don't know what is supposed to hold the two halves together at the front of the chest, but the windshield isn't strong enough to do so by itself.

I suspect the Takara version makes a better display piece, while the Hasbro one makes for a better toy.

20. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    ^the fake windshield piece pops off on both the takara and hasbro versions, curiously, on the hasbro elite guard version it does not.