TFA Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by KA, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I just need to do the stinger mod and BB will be 100% in my book. I especially like how his back "kibble" fits together and looks great.

2. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    why is his black stripe on the wrong side in robot mode ><;

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Because the cartoon model pulls a magic trick and the stripe switches sides during transformation for no real reason.(Despite both the show model and fig transforming exactly the same)

4. kylash327

kylash327 ThePlasticGeek

News Credits:
    but the toy chest and car stripe are separate parts so they coukld have faked it on the toy to have the stripe on the left instead of right.

5. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except it would look weird 'cuz of the foot.

6. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It's all part of the magical design process.

. Cartoon designers make a Bumblebee character with a car-roof chest

. Hasbro/Takara says: "If we make a toy that transformed the way that appears to, it won't have the same proportions as that cartoon character (points to Classic BB or Activators BB). However, we can come closer if we do it a different way, maybe with a false car roof and windsheild on the robot chest."

CN designers say: OK, you make the toy that way, and we can keep the design the same - but when we animate it, it'll transform the same as the toy, so everyone is right!"

Hasbro: "Except this Activators toy."

CN: "Yeahhhhhh..."

;) 

7. Dupree

Dupree Well-Known Member

after a week of going to a ton of different walmarts and TRUs I was able to finally find mine yesterday. I did the stinger mod and he looks awesome now, probably my fave out of the line as well

8. encline

encline customizer of love TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    check out the customs forum. There is a lot of tips there. Model Master acrylics are good.

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

Did anyone else take a nail file to that peg connecting his feet? I like tight parts on my toys but DAMN, I had to use superhuman strength to separate his feet!

10. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Obviously they changed the design. The lights on the feet on the show model are upside down, and he even has the windsheild on the backs of his legs.

11. Ray Kremer

Ray Kremer Well-Known Member

Fake chest windshields really annoy me. I still buy the stuff, but it's like, you wonder who's trying to fool who there. You've got Alternators Tracks, who just had to have the fake chest to look more like his G1 self. Voyager class movie Optimus, though to be fair that one intentionally has a completely different transformation scheme than the "real" one possessed by the Leader class toy. And now animated Bumblebee, where the Activators version has the more accurate transformation, except that apparently it doesn't.

12. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The only reason BB has a fake car roof chest is to make him look more like G1 Bumblebee.

13. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i actually like the animation cheats in TFA. cheating animation usually makes things look better and more "animated." im happy we have been moved away from the "lets just make the toy a CG model and use that" from the past few shows. it was neat at first, hey my toy is EXACTLY the same as the show and can do the same stuff. but the actual animation isnt as good or as lively. so the fake parts dont bother me, i appreciate getting a semi classic inspired bumblebee look.

14. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    Picked him up today (leaving me with only Grimlock left to get of the readily available, i.e. not leaders not wave 3 deluxes, figures out at US retail).

I dig him. Only thing I don't really care for is the multiple shades of yellow he has going on.

Kinda funny though, of the figures I have he seems to have the most complex transformation.

Also, he was packaged without twist ties. He was like one of those figures that had been reported before, he was secured with more plastic. Much prefer this to twisties.

15. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what has been said about the toy here (colors not matching, off scale, fake car roof chest, ...). I still think it is a pretty nifty toy if you're willing to put the effort into improving it. I often add paint, panel lines or symbols to my TF but it makes a HUGE difference for that one (I also did the wrist mod to allow the stingers to fit inside the arms).

16. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    After fixing his stingers, and putting on a silver and red Reprolabels.com Autobot decal on him I like him even more.

17. EvaUnit13

EvaUnit13 REBUILD

I just got one, and he's pretty cool

18. Bumblebee78

Bumblebee78 Well-Known Member

Same here (except I used a red and white sticker), much nicer than before.

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

I just got him today, and I'm pretty happy with him. The stinger-fix helps him out tremendously, but it's annoying that it had to be done in the first place. The chest thing doesn't bother me in the slightest; obviously it's not supposed to be the actual roof of his car and I see absolutely no reason why his chest can't just happen to resemble that part of the car (albeit loosely, imo). I actually kinda like TFs having design elements reminiscent of their alt mode in bot mode.
    I kinda wish he was a tad smaller, but it's really not that big of a problem.
    Actually, I'm surprised more people aren't complaining about his shoulders; when moving/posing them the little 'tabs' that point inward catch on just about everything, and seem to limit his range of motion.

20. perithimus

perithimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just noticed my bumblebee has stress marks on each arm on the yellow plastic at the elbow joints. I have only transformed him a few times and I am very careful. I had to exchange my Starscream because he had them out of the package. I would exchange Bumblebee but it has bee awhile since I got him. Anyone else with this issue?