Customs: TFA Brawn from TFA Soundwave- but I've never kitbashed before... suggestions?

Discussion in 'Creative General Discussion' started by misternewuzer, Sep 16, 2009.

1. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

So I wanna do this. Like really seriously wanna do this. Problem is, I've never ever done a kitbash or even repaint before... here's what I've come up with tho if anyone is intrigued.

While the Transformation scheme isn't exactly the same (based on what I can tell from the attached lineart) The beginning and end result match up rather well, and with some obvious/ possibly heavy modifications, I could make a pretty awesome, close-to accurate TFA Brawn.

Honestly, I would probly pull a lot of the "truck kibble" from old gi joe vehicles I have floating around. I was thinking for his head, a [modified] Marvel Juggernaut figure, though I haven't really looked at any yet. new fists as opposed to karate-chop hands? haven't thought of where to get those from.

SO my question from all you pros is, do you have any suggestions? reccomendations? paints? cutting utensils? techniques? PARTS? haha, if I can gather this stuff by the end of next month then its a certain project, I just...need that extra little push.

Heck, even donations of parts/ paints, etc would be really appreciated to help this get off the ground :D 

Attached Files:

2. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

3. misternewuzer

misternewuzer Predacon Secret Police

that's awesome! (and a bit impersonal, heh...)

one thing I didn't see in there was what I could use to sculpt new form onto the existing mold, where I could buy it, and how to make proper use of it.

Also, anyone have suggestions for a good head to base a sculpt from for Brawn? I get a Juggernaut vibe- just not sure which figure would suit me best...