2D Artwork: TFA Beachcomber (Earth mode)

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by Malunis_T, Apr 16, 2011.

1. Malunis_T

Malunis_T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I had tried this a couple times before but this is the most work I've done on it. Right down to new color scheme.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The idea behind it was that Sentinel got so tired of Beachcomber being a dumb annoying bot that he attempted to cleanse Cybertron of some of its idiocy by sending Beachcomber to Earth where he'd probably be more welcome. I'd imagine if there was an episode about this it would involve BC befriending a surfer dude and having some kind of anti-pollution PSA adventure.

The design is heavily based on (read: ripoff of) Cybertron Hardtop and I tried to make BC look as much like the toy as possible because, hey, I might wanna do a custom of this one day.

I followed a notion that Derrick Wyatt brings up with colors, which is that I envisioned these colors like they were an outfit. BC's got some wicked spandex with a jacket and boots.

Also the weapon is a Sonic Stun-Gun (a name ripped from G1 Onslaught) which also acts as a radar for picking up Energon and Allspark signals. I didn't think BC would be the type to actually want to hurt anyone so his weapon only temporarily stuns.

That's about it. Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. OhSlag!

OhSlag! Well-Known Member

Love the skectch and the alt. mode but, I feel the blue is a little light. But those are just my tastes.

3. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

This is so incredibly awesome. The accessories are a fantastic touch.

4. GFH

GFH The G Squad

News Credits:
    It's adorable.