TFA Arcee hand fix

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by swampflight, Feb 23, 2010.

1. swampflight

swampflight Banned

I'm not sure if this is where this goes but I found a quick,easy way to fix Arcee's hands that removes the stress marks and will keep them from breaking at the thumbs.When you first get the figure,put the swords in the hands correctly then remove them and you will see the stress marks.Take a lighter and CAREFULLY,run it around the thumb for about 5 seconds or less.This will soften the plastic and CAREFULLY using a Q-Tip,bend out the thumb slightly and let it cool at least 30 seconds.This will remove the mark and the sword will now fit securely without fear of breakage.You might have to re-heat the plastic more than once to get the right fit but be careful because too much heat will make the plastic bubble up or warp out of shape too much.I hope this tip helps everyone!

2. Tiller

Tiller I don't know nothin'

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am always afraid to do with with any sort of plastic, but I see that it could work. Are the stress marks really this bad to resort to this?

3. Omega Jolt

Omega Jolt Hunter

Haven't gotten Arcee yet but from experience with this method let me tell you that a really powerful hairdryer or a coil heater does just as well for altering plastic shapes and is less likely to burn and bubble (since all you have to do is get it warm enough to be malleable again).

I'm starting to think they call them stress marks not so much due to structural integrity but because when people see the marks they stress out. :rolleyes: 

4. swampflight

swampflight Banned

Good Idea!

I used the lighter because thats all I have to work with but your idea sounds better and safer for the plastic.

5. krawky95

krawky95 Well-Known Member

Yeah, Mines thumb broke off as soon as I took out the sword, now I need to hunt for a new one :/

6. VectorPrime404

VectorPrime404 Banned

It's not the swords that do it, apparently. It's the pegs for when she's transformed.

7. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Dipping the hands into boiling water may also be a good alternative. Leave them in there for 30 second or so and they should be malleable enough to do what the original poster is proposing.

8. Veloxiraptor

Veloxiraptor MoƩ than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    This seems to differ person-to-person. On my Arcee the car mode pegs are loose but the swords are very tight.

9. lord ginrai

lord ginrai D-list Decepticon

News Credits:
    This is the way I would go about it.
    And then dip them in cold water to cool them a bit faster.