2D Artwork: TFA Aerialbots

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by MustardwKetchup, Oct 11, 2010.

1. MustardwKetchup

MustardwKetchup Well-Known Member

All the bios featured in the Aerialbot profiles are not written by me. They are written by TheRixKeyCopy on LJ, as well as the Flash Facts. I have modified the pronouns in the bio.

UPDATES

EDIT: 10/24/11
    Added Superion! OMG.... FINALLY DONE! Sorry about the wait guys!
    EDIT: 4/18/11
    Added Inspiration/Alt Mode Sheet
    EDIT: 4/12/11
    Added Skydive and Silverbolt! Also added is a size reference sheet! Mass shifting still exists in the TFA universe. XD
    EDIT: 11/11/10
    Added Air Raid and Slingshot! I also added an Aerialbot reference sheet as well as an updated size chart. Air Raid's too smarmy for his own good.
    EDIT: 10/20/10
    Added Fireflight! AUTOBOTS IN SPAAAAAAAACE!
    EDIT: 10/13/10
    Added Aerialbot Silhouettes (No Superion, sorry!) I'm not sure if it's a bit more clear who is who... XD Slingshot ain't the smallest no more though. I felt like I could give him a break

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Of course, this little sneak peak style is totally ganked from the fabulous Derrick J. Wyatt, courtesy of this particular post on his blog!

Characters previewed are as followed, no particular order:
    Stunticons: Wildrider, Dragstrip
    Aerialbots: Silverbolt, Fireflight, Air Raid, Skydive, Slingshot

Dunno why, but it was a lot faster for me to finish up the Aerialbots than the Stunticons. Every character that is previewed here was actually finished months ago; however, since each individual characters' components aren't finished (weapons, bios) I'm holding off on posting them. Hopefully once I get some time, I can post some finalized character sheets. The Aerialbots do look a bit different than their G1 counterparts, so if you see a color scheme/face in the preview that you honestly have no idea who that is, totally understandable. XD I think Fireflight is the only one who really carried his color scheme over.

I will post the lineup silhouette sometime soon me thinks.

Cheers guys!

TFA Designs at TFW2005
    TFA Stunticons
    TFA Protectobots

Deviantart Links:

Aerialbots
    Air Raid
    Fireflight
    Slingshot

Protectobots
    Blades
    First Aid
    Groove
    Streetwise
    Hot Spot
    Defensor

Stunticons
    Breakdown
    Dead End

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Great to see you back on here! Was starting to worry that you had abandoned this project, but I'm glad to see that my fears were ungrounded. Can't wait to see all of these. :thumb 

3. MustardwKetchup

College is running me into the ground. And she's laughing while she's doing it. XD

4. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    JEALOUSY LEVELS RISING ONCE MORE OHHHHHHHH

Eagerly awaiting what you will come up with, although I'd expected to see the full Stunticon cast first :O

5. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Odd how there's nine teasers of seven characters...is that you being sneaky? Or is that you being really sneaky? And where's Motormaster in all of this?

Wondered where you fecked off to. And now to fave your awesome stuff on dA and add you to my watch list on both dA and Blogger!

6. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

Where is Motormaster ?? The previews look good, hope you can finish them asap.

7. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    Thos are some awesome previews Mustard. (Can I just call you Mustard?) But youre right, I cant identify a single one of those guys, though I have feeling that number four may be Skydive. Anyways, they look way better than my TFA Aerialbots would have come out.

8. BlackJaguar27

BlackJaguar27 Well-Known Member

Im waiting for Motormaster and Menasor too, your works design are awesome!
    I'm starting to wonder if you are a relative of Derrick J. Wyatt...

9. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ummm I cant really comment as your not really showing me anything. I dunno I dont find these sorta teaser things relevant in the world of fan art. If the work is done just post it up and get some feedback unless your just trying to milk comments and keep it on the first page then fair play but at least post one character when you make the thread at least then their is something to comment about

10. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I have to agree with this.

11. MustardwKetchup

-_-; I only wish I could get them out first, just cause the Aerialbot pages look a bit more... I think advanced would be the right word? I'll always keep you in the back of my mind when I try finishing the Stunticons. That should inspire me I'm sure. XD

*is ashamed* He's off on vacation. XD I had to do nine teasers just because trying to pull off Derrick's Teaser Page with only seven boxes wasn't taking. I had to do some repeating all up in this place. I don't know why but sometimes with certain characters, I'm not as confident when designing them. XD It's not to say that I can't design some crazy/bloodthirsty/evil/spawn designs, but I do find it easier to design Autobots for some reason. o_o...

Tahiti? :3 He couldn't stand being near me, so he took a vacation.

You sure can call me Mustard! Or Ketchup... or Dou, whatever name you're feeling more comfortable with. XD Although I do find it charming when people call me mustard (I think you're the first one to do so!) XD However, 4 is not Skydive. I can sorta see maybe where you thought that he was Skydive, he's got a speculative look going on there.

I can honestly tell you that Motor Master is the character that I'm dreading designing. Like, when I think about what he possibly could look like, I blank out completely. XD He's the only one that I haven't attempted to render. Don't you worry, I will get to him though.

You do not have to comment, but thank you for your feedback. I'm a big fan of teaser pages, just cause it gives me something to look at and speculate. I think my teaser is justified because I will eventually post more content in this thread. If I was going to milk comments, I would have probably started a new post with every character that I had designed.

I will keep that in mind, thanks!

12. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Teasers are cool, but not really geared well for a Fan Art forum like this one. I would actually enjoy it very much if you posted threads of each of your characters :) 

13. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with Superquad7 the system is set up that each thread automatically gets a "teaser" thumb nail on the main page.

just post up the work and enjoy the feedback.

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Teasers like this just make me not interested in the final product. If it's a WIP sketch or idea, I'll keep checking back to see how it grows and changes. Not when it's trying to make me interested.

15. BlackJaguar27

BlackJaguar27 Well-Known Member

I like Fireflight's Animated design, it really resembles his personality.

16. TedimusPrime

TedimusPrime Well-Known Member

I love the poster for this character. Your art continues to improve and I cant wait to see more!

17. MenasorMaster

MenasorMaster Stunticon Warrior

aha so i guess we have to wait for the stunticons till you showed us all aerialbots ??

I kinda like Fireflight, i also like the new backgrounds,and the altmode looks very realistic, you design great altmodes, they look thousand times better than those vehicles in Allspark Alamanc. good work.

18. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

Heh, i really like the concept for Fireflight, also the head is hilari-awesome! But i dont think it looks robot-y enough. I mean i see the robot aspects, but it still looks a lil too human, ya get me?

19. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He looks like a real space cadet. My co-worker thinks he's the cutest thing she seen. Good to have you back.

20. Superquad7

News Credits:
    Agreed! NOW we're getting somewhere! This looks ace!