TF5 Last Knight Leader Class Bumblebee and Optimus revealed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Villain Number One

Yeah, seems like a "So close but so far" move on their part...

Given some time though I'm sure someone will mod or make replacement struts for the secondary wings with an additional pivot for proper orientation.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    Could someone post a reference for how the back wings are supposed to be oriented? All the shots I can find are only from the front and I can't decipher exactly out where everything is supposed to be

3. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

So glad Bee has wrist swivels and that the wings can be brought closer together

4. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Villain Number One

Certainly. See these two photos, show the toy's inaccurate configuration.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

While this CGI render shows how they should be, flipped around the other way.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
  5. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there a chance that it's a mistransformation?

• Like Like x 1
  6. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    So are we sure that they aren't jointed at the connection point and they're just mistransformed? Because they look like they might be able to rotate up to be more accurate.

I am confused about why the toy only has one heel spur when the movie model is blatantly a tripod

• Like Like x 3
  7. Veleno

Veleno Cannon Fodder

It seems pretty fixed, so I doubt.

8. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's what I'm hoping... Currently, they don't even look that good pointing straight down...

The pictures do make it look that way...

9. w1n1fred

w1n1fred Banned

News Credits:
    I dont get it, its a new mold, we never ha a bee that looked like this at that scale.

Haha, I hear you. I wish you all the best with getting a Jazz at a good scale and a good price.

I love your posts netkid, they always make me laugh, its how blatantly truthful they are.

Its the same mold as the one we got 3 years ago, which was terrible then. Its a lazy design being reused, making it super lazy.

They already did the DOTM remolding on Optimus and it looks fine:
    [​IMG]

What do you mean, which bumblebee do you have?

He isnt Leader class, he is Human Alliance sized.

Are you kidding me? How can he be a masterpiece style if he doesnt even have the right alt mode?! The only time Optimus ever had that alt mode, it was rusty and white. This can never be an MP optimus. Plus they didnt fix the figures biggest problem, the shit elbows!

Yup
    Yeah, thats what I think. Hasbro Asia were the same to show MP Dirge for the first time too. This has Takara written all over it with Hasbro asia distributing it outside of Japan, hence why they are showing it here.

• Like Like x 1
  10. fathi_haziq

fathi_haziq Petrolhead

News Credits:
    The battle mask looks great. The smaller wings don't bother me that much as I tend to forget that Bee actually has 4 wings instead of 2. If only the ears has some joints so we can position them a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    I've been buying Transformers since Generation One and I don't think I've EVER seen as bad a deal for your dollar as I have with this repainted old toy. You can buy the AOE Platinum 2-pack with Leader Grimlock or even the Takara Remold for $70 or less. I own the toy myself from the Platinum 2-pack and it isn't even that good enough for me to want to buy the Takara-Tomy remold. I got tons of smaller, cheaper transformers that are more fun. Anyone who buys that thing for $70 deserves the ass fucking their wallet receives. The same damn toy was $40 and featured more paint. No way a leader jumped $30 in 3 years. No way. I gotta think that Hasbro is just trying to reap that sweet sweet emerging Chinese middle and upper class money. It's so damn blatant nowadays with all these Chinese aimed "year of" toys. Yes, we know you want China's sweet delicious money but at least offer them some lube first before screwing them over with your overcharged regurgitated garbage. A better deal would be using the Takara remold, pitching said use of remold as "first time released by Hasbro! (Not takara)", and giving it far more weathering worthy of a platinum release (maybe have oritoy do the weathering again like they did on that limited exclusive evasion optimus repaint).

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  12. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Well, if they ever get to MP movie Galvatron they can skip transformation altogether and give you an articulated robot and a toy model for an alt mode and people can just pretend it transforms. :D 

• Like Like x 4
  13. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    That Prime looks horrible just like AOE Prime, easy money saved. But that Bumblebee does look sharp for a piece of Bayverse garbage lol

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    3 things I need to know: 1) How's the backpack since the expo photos was mistransformed, 2)can the smaller wings be rotated (Hasbro usually has something mistransformed in stock photos) 3) can the thigh plates rotate to cover the front of the thigh?

• Like Like x 1
  15. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
  16. Deductor

Deductor Hubris Repellent

Jeez man lol keep up with the posts

17. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    I'm talking about that, they need to use the old abdomen for the masterpiece version (if they made one) because this bee it's in the old version too.

18. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor JaAmS

The actual MP bee is a friggin deluxe with a crappy Mech suit for 70$ If this thing is human alliance sized (large-ish voyager) then im going with thats a great price! roughly the same size and 10$ less than MP Ironhide, then i say 80 is pretty fair.

19. spartan 3764

spartan 3764 Sweetness Alive TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think both of those look fantastic, I'm miffed Hasbro is used an outdated mold with inaccurate tooling but at least it looks pretty. Personally I was hoping for someone to give the new(and Superior) voyager Optimus this deco, but I'll take it for now.

I love this new MPM Bee, what I love(hate) even more is that it's based on his first movie design.. So we can be sold retools of his ROTF, DOTM, and presumable TLK design. Nice Takara. Hopefully we can eventually get all of the cast in the MPM line, or at least characters we desperate need a new figure *caugh Blackout caugh*

20. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

The small wings look screwed in place. I don't think they can rotate, unfortunately