TF5 Last Knight Leader Class Bumblebee and Optimus revealed?

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Jan 10, 2017.

1. HnH

HnH Masterpiece dumbass

News Credits:

don't forget the AA Dieplay repaint and the Battle damage versions to

2. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Now that you guys have mentioned the size of this thing, I don't think we will get many other movie figures because the scale of $80 'Bee would make the others gigantic and very expensive. So maybe 2007 Barricade is the other one? It would still be in scale with bee and it's his rival so it'd compliment Movie Masterpiece 'Bee nicely. A movie Masterpeiece Optimus would be great but unless he's 'Bee's size or rotf leader size, one scaled to this Masterpiece 'Bee would be huge and probably $200 or more.

3. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Movieverse Junkie TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, that's right, though the same vehicle parts correspond to the same robot parts, they just cheat with the transformation sometimes to make them work for the scene or make them look different every time. In TF2007 when the Autobots first transform, Ratchet transforms with his arms under him and the front wheels on his hands. It's plain to see though that the markings on his arms come from the sides of the hummer and the black bars on the forearms come from the back of it. The wheels didn't even need to 'jump' from his arms to the shoulders as they could've just rotated up with the wheel arches. And when Lockdown transforms in front of the water tower his doors appear to shrink and fold to the back, but what you actually see on his back is his headlights. So how a they transform on screen doesn't necessarily correspond to how the vehicle and robot parts match up. Which I guess makes it hard for the toy designers to work out what's what. I think ROTF leader Optimus and Sidearm Sideswipe stand out as two of the few that come close to what shifts where on screen.

4. Galva Prime

Galva Prime Movieverse Junkie TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    And I'd say their Hound may just be better than their Optimus. I love how the tyres split to make the feet and how the torso section in incorporated into the transformation

I've seen the battle damaged version, what's the other version you mentioned?

• Like Like x 2
  5. Megatron118

Megatron118 I <3 Linkin Park

See, if MP Movie Prime could essentially be like this, but with the longnose Peterbilt truck parts instead of the flatnose truck parts, that'd be ideal for me. This figure definitely has better proportions than the ROTF mold. The only aspects of this mold that need improvement are the elbows and the wheel wells on the ankles. And perhaps slightly longer ears. But that's it.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know that many fans are smitten with this figure, but this is hardly a Masterpiece Prime in my eyes. Yes, the details are exquisite, but the faux parts and the use of the G1-styled alt mode are big no-nos for me. It's hardly the Prime that's most representative or evocative of the film incarnation.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Megatron118

I agree. That's why my ideal plan would just be to remold it with the Peterbilt parts. Idk how that'd be achieved, but that's for designers to figure out haha

• Like Like x 2
  8. ZEGR

ZEGR Well-Known Member

I dont mind the order in which they will come out

9. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

HAHAHAHAHA HEY GUYS! LOOK! IT\'S THAT AOE PRIME THAT LITERALLY NO ONE ASKED FOR! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously! They SERIOUSLY think that\'s a good Optimus mould to repaint for Tf5? CHRIST I\'M DYING HAHAHAHAHA

10. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're trying too hard. Please get some social awareness.

• Like Like x 2
  11. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Trying too hard? For what exactly? I'm getting that MP Bee....But that Prime is baaaaaad.X'D

12. Actar

Actar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think there is value to having an accurate transformation, being able to do with the toy what you see on-screen. There's something magical about looking at the robot mode and knowing that the vehicle kibble actually does legitimately have some use outside of being there just for show. It's a personal opinion, but I've always found faux parts to be lazy. If you're going to have faux parts, you could literally do anything with the vehicle mode parts as it wouldn't matter in the slightest. It's a cop out.

I just discovered the figure, but I absolutely love what Wei Jiang did with Hound's feet, what with them being the actual vehicle mode wheels.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks closer to my Camaro than what MMP-02 does but I don't see me picking this up, I don't need anymore Bee's.

14. Megatron118

I agree with your sentiments, however those feats are certainly more difficult with Bayformers. A lot of the transformations in the movies involve pieces appearing and disappearing almost instantaneously and going who knows where during the process; I attribute it to higher-level alien physics magic, but on real toys that gets complicated xD I think HasTak did a great job with those constraints with the 07 and ROTF and (partially) DOTM lines. AOE....not so much

15. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  16. Cheem The Rup

Cheem The Rup Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  17. Yaujta

Yaujta Not a Bear TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Optimus- no.
    MP Bumblebee- probably.
    Potential MP Barricade- hellz yeah!

• Like Like x 4
  18. HnH

HnH Masterpiece dumbass

News Credits:

Ditto on the Barricade

• Like Like x 1
  19. Burnout00012

Burnout00012 Villain Number One

So, what I'm seeing here is that these pics definitely confirm wrist rotation. That's a relief. What's a bummer is that there's no hinge on the secondary wings to orient them to the proper allignment. It also appears in the first pic that the door wings are in fact capable of coming closer together on the back, which is amazing.

• Like Like x 4
  20. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's weird they haven't got the secondary wings in the right position, when they've finally *got* secondary wings, too. That's a shame. I'm glad to see that the thigh panels can be rotated forwards, though, judging by the first two pictures.

• Like Like x 3