TF4

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mattimus, Aug 2, 2011.

1. mattimus

mattimus Well-Known Member

this might be a dumb question, but are they actually going to make a TF4?? like seriously what could they possibly do?? and without shia or Michael bay what would they do??

2. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    With out Shia isn't a problem at all, bumblebee can simply make a new friend soilder from the NEST team.

It's the lack of Bayhem that might be a problem.

3. mattimus

unless they get like speilberg to do the movie haha.
    hopefully the next movie will have more bot time and the new director will worry more about the bots then the humans

4. Starscreamer95

Starscreamer95 'Civil' Nintendo Fanboy

News Credits:
    Was it Don Murphy who recently suggested a new trilogy in the same moviverse?
    If all three movies are written together and tie in to one another completely, I'll love that. :) 

5. RodimusPrime44

RodimusPrime44 RodimusPrime

i would totally be for an all new film or trilogy if michael bay was nowhere to be found... his focus on the explosions and sex factor over story is really annoying. let me add that i'm a fan of awesome special effects.. but what he did in the second film by using the same decepticon in two places at the same time was ridiculous!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  6. mattimus

so there will be a new trilogy, with tie ins and no Bay, ?

7. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I think they could still do a 4th film that picks up years after where DOTM ends. We could still have the character Sam Witwicky portrayed by an older actor, whos is in their 30s or early 40s, who is now working full time with the Autobots, as well as managing a life as a husband and father.

Of course all the surviving Autobots from DOTM would return and be the same as we last saw them, since they are already millions of years old.

I can see a possible way of Unicron being worked into a story. There is the back story of Cybertron being in fact a larger Transformer named Primus who is considered a god in the Transformers mythos. With that, a story can be devised where Primus's sheer existence kept the evil that is Unicron at bay. But do to Cybertron's fate in DOTM, Unicron is finally able to unleash himself upon the galaxy.

The opening monologue by Optimus can define the ancient mythology some Cybertronians, including himself, still believe in an ancient evil that was banished to the darkest regions of the galaxy by the great god Primus, who soon after forged himself into the planet Cybertron. But now that Cybertron has been destroyed, Optimus fears that evil will soon be re-awakened.

I also feel that with Unicron being a god himself of ancient power that the Autobots need more assets than what they currently have. Perhaps a quest to find long lost ancient warriors can be added to give the Autobots the extra oomph needed to defeat Unicron. The best 'Bots I can think of to portay ancient warrior (though not portrayed this way in G1) would be Alpha Trion and Omega Supreme. Just because they are two personal favorites of mine, as well as the fact as that they both hold histories that go beyond Optimus Prime.

8. mattimus

thats a good idea but i dont see movie makers ever using unicron unless they really size him down like super size him down

9. Keith Prime

Keith Prime Advanced Engineer

News Credits:
    There is no info on a TF4 at this time. All the posts here have just been speculation & hopes.

W/ DotM fast approaching the $1 Billion Mark, it's almost guaranteed (in the sense that Hasbro isn't likely to pass up a money maker) there will be another TF movie of some kind in the future, when is the question.

Altmodes are another question, as they've over used the current set (only so many toys of Camero Bee will sell).

It has been said somewhere (posted in a thread on TFW) that they don't want to do a full reboot.

10. LumpimusPrime

LumpimusPrime Autobot

I agree about the "sex factor", but seriously... giant alien robots at war, there are bound to be explosions and many at that. I don't get the whole anit-explosion thing. Two factions of an epic advanced alien race fighting to the death? Yup, shit blows up...

Last edited: Aug 2, 2011
  11. Axel990

Axel990 Lord of Unicorns

News Credits:
    I'd be ok with a resize for Unicron. Make him the size of an asteroid at the least, in my opinion.

12. springerbee

springerbee Well-Known Member

well, if Steven Spielberg takes over as director, which I truely hope will happen, we could start calling it the Spielberse instead of the Bayverse

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

Right now, TF4 is only a rumor.

I'm sure we'll find out what they're going to do with future TF movies in the next year or so.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Well, they could go for a better creative team, for starters. A creative team who can handle the franchise with care and respect.

Alternatively, they could go with the 'Sam was killed by the Decepticons' route. That would allow for great drama and allow for a mature Bumblebee with a more serious outlook on life, the universe and everything.

15. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

A new trilogy set in the same universe is completely and totally possible. The producer of the 3 films said that most likely we wont be getting a reboot, but a new trilogy, set in the same continuity, visual style, etc.

I would love it if it goes that way. I dont want a reboot. It is perfectly possible to continue the story without Sam Witwicky. The Autobots would be the same, there would be a new human protagonist, maybe someone from the first trilogy would still be used in the new one, like Simmons, or Lennox, so there is no problem is LaBeouf doesnt want to lend his sweaty ass again to a Transformers movie.

Even Bay can return if the movie is not rushed, the producer guy said. But even him is not indispensable.

The correct direction for me, is to start a new trilogy in the same continuity. Not a reboot.

16. bearweezie

bearweezie Well-Known Member

I hope Speilberg takes over, gets a 250-300 million dollar budget because of the huge success of DOTM. Use Epps and Lennox for the main human characters. Bring in maybe 1-3 new Autobots, don't really need more than that. Have Nemesis Prime, Straxus, Galvatron, Overload, or Thunderwing for the new main villain. Maybe have all of them as villains if there is a new trilogy. Have Cyclonus, Scourge, Blitzwing, Astrotrain, Skywarp, Thundercracker, Ramjet, Motormaster, Breakdown, Dead End, Drag Strip, Wildrider, Onslaught, Blast Off, Vortex, and Swindle for Decepticon soldiers.