TF4 without humans

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by froggy124, Apr 19, 2012.

1. froggy124

froggy124 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I really dont know what to expext for the next movie but Im sure what I would like to see in TF4 will never happen.
    That is... NO HUMANS! I really want to watch a movie about JUST TRANSFORMERS! as the tittle for every past movie stated.
    The story can follow the War of Cybertron and explore events prior to the current 3 movies. Why there is a war, the rise of Megs and the Cons, origins of transforming technology and finaly how Cybertron was lost and the surviving Autobots exiled.
    I could see it being done as a trillogy like LOTR with an epic battle at the end of every movie. It would be a little more serious like a war movie, no humans, just giant robots fighting a civil war! We could go crazy on characters since it wouldnt be unreasonable to have favs like Grimlock and the dinobots (although they werent created on Cybertron as far as I know) Anyway the bots and action scenes would be done in CGI and the backdrops would be stage set and hand made props (like how Burton makes movie sets instead of using CGI all the time)

It would be a movie that introduces viewers to Cybertron and its architecture, its environment, kinda like how AVATAR explored Pandora!

The bots and cons would of course turn into their Cybertronian alt modes (eventually after discovering the tech) and they would look similar to how they appear in the game but more alien like in the Bay films and comics.

Again, its just an idea, an idea that will never come to reality because... well because of many reasons. Im sure you can think of plenty.

But I would still like to watch a TF movie like this.

Thoughts and comments welcom, thank you for reading.

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    In before "OMGWTFBBQ! No humans = no characters the audience can relate to = no audience = no profit!!!!!111!!!111one!1111eleven"

3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

transformers without fleshlings to fight over, would be like my little pony's without cutie marks.

4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Humans are needed for the Transformers to fight over: the Decepticons to conquer and enslave, and the Autobots to protect them. Also NEST was pretty decent at showing the alliance between the humans and the Autobots.

That said, I'd prefer something along the lines of a simple battle film (nothing but fights and offensives), with the only humans being NEST force and some background victims.

5. froggy124

News Credits:
    No, no dont get me wrong, I think the humans are needed too in order to generate a wider audience and most importantly to cash in at the box office. But we've had 3 movies of that and I wanna see cybertron explored, the history of the TF explored more.
    That way we could also develope the bots characters a bit more, instead of just seeing them as machines. Bots can have personality and depth too!

I mean most of the characters only had a line or two and that was it!

Again, just an idea.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yup.

Now I'm not totally against humans in TF. They have a place. And I can understand the realism of the military getting involved should a race of giant warring alien robots rock up on our planet. It's all the other human bumph that got heaped into the movies that just didn't need to be there. Have Sam to introduce us to TFs in a less military way sure, but I don't need to see his later personal life trying to find a job or probably going for a prostate exam or whatever needless 'comedy' moments they give him to do that are just distractions and diversions from the point for the first hour or so of each these films.

I'd have rather Sam played his part in TF1 and then in TF2 we followed, say, Lennox instead. And then for TF3 followed someone else introduced in TF2. That way we get to see several different aspects and viewpoints of Transformers being on Earth rather than just following around a jittering dickhead for three movies even when he's not involved with the robots at all for long periods of time. And the various unlikeable twatbags he interacts with either.

7. froggy124

News Credits:
    Hmm... All of you make really good points but I think what I was trying to stress more than anything is that there are no humans because the movie would be set in Cybertron, NOT Earth, hence no humans!

I should change the tittle of the thread...

8. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

except unless i am mistaking... cybertron was destroyed in dotm. and i'd much rather go forward then have a prequel.

we all know how well THOSE turn out. thank you lucas :lol 

9. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    You can have a TF movie set on Cybertron and still have some humans for whatever mission, visiting, time travel or accidental discovery of it reasons.

Set the movie far into the future where humans have used Cybertronian technology given to them by the Autobots to get out into deep space and they discover the Cybertron they thought had been destroyed still existed. Instead it's recovered somewhat and there are some Transformers that have found it and now live back there again.

Many ways of doing things to get humans onto Cybertron in some capacity.

10. IndividusDumbus

IndividusDumbus Well-Known Member

They can also do it like a flashback movie. The autobots, now having neutralized the other Decepticons, are asked by the leaders to talk about Cybertron, their technologies and their past. They remember the destruction of Cybertron from DOTM and retell different stories. We also see the reactions of different people around the world, so people can have someone to relate to. So we have the story focused on robots, but we also have humans just so we can get audience.
    But i don't think people won't watch the movie because there are no people. It could have been a problem, if it was the first movie, but it's a sequel, so many people with just watch it just because they have watched DOTM.
    However, this can be done if it is the last movie, it can't really begin a story for a trilogy, but i think it can make for a great final movie - remembering the Transformers.

11. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey Well-Known Member

lol this

12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    OMG no humans = no non-artificial cast = no point in using real world sets = no point in doing live-action in the first place shuld do cgi instead!!!!!11!!1

13. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    TF4 could be without humans taking a star role.

14. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Taking it to the logical conclusion, "gci = wfc movie!!!111oneoneoneomgwtfbbq!"

(I don't necessarily endorse this viewpoint).

/thread.

15. StaticShin27

StaticShin27 Active Member

Sounds....expensive.

16. MaxLinden

MaxLinden Auto-Con

News Credits:
    :lolol 
    This.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

If we ever did get an all robot movie I'd rather have a cartoon movie.

I also wouldn't want it in the current style of the live action movies. With the rather limited color pallet that has been used and over abundance of parts on occasion the close up fights have been rather jumbled looking. Also the times Cybertron has been shown the place looked the same shade of metal so it's not a very pleasing backdrop when you have robots like Megatron who where the same color.

Plus the Autobots lose some of their character when there aren't humans around. How the different Autobots react around humans and the Decepticon view of humans really says a lot about each character.

Personally I'd be rather they just went for a feeling that the robots were the stars of the movies instead of the supporting actors and background characters. That doesn't mean they have to be on the screen the entire time because Jaws made it feel like the shark was the star even though we hardly ever see the shark in the movie.

18. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    You simply cannot ever post something without being childish, belittling or writing something so laced with sarcasm or hate to the point where it's just sad.

19. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    I would challenge Bay to make a TF movie with no EXPLOSIONS.

20. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

with out humans be no headmasters , targetmasters , powermasters , predtaders