TF4 win or loose?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by transformervic1, Apr 18, 2012.

?

Cons win?

1. yes

32 vote(s)
    74.4%
  2. no

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    should the Cons loose like always, or should Bay try something wonderfully new and actually bring the Con's fear factor back and have them win?

Me personally would prefer them win in TF4, since after all the rumored plan was for 2 more movies. Besides, we can't continue to have the autobots woop con ass movie after movie after movie. at some point those fierce motherf**kers need a damn victory!

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    The cons can have victories, even decisive ones, but if the heroes are unable to overcome the conflicts of the story by the end of the film (or series of films), the effect on the audience is depressing, and a lot of the impact of the overall conflict is lost. Compare how you would feel if you knew that after Empire Strikes Back there would be no other film, compared to knowing that it would be a trilogy.

By all means, make the cons a legitimate threat in every sense of the word, but give the Autobots a way to beat them, to rise to that challenge and overcome it. Their ability to grow as characters and accomplish their victory over the conflict is the payoff of an entire story. If there isn't enough of a challenge, it's boring, and if there's too much, it seems unreasonable for the protagonists to win in the end. And if the heroes lose, the audience doesn't get to feel that vicarious sense of accomplishment.

3. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

I was just about to say something like that. But I'd like a bittersweet hopeless but hopeful ending with a more uplifting sequel. Probably not what we're going to get, but one can dream.

4. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge fan of cliffhanger endings on major feature films. The idea of sitting through a 2 hour movie just to find out I'll have to sit through another 2 hour movie years later to see how the story ends is lazy storytelling, IMO.

Leave the "TO BE CONTINUED" back in the era of black and white serials, and write a movie that gives a cohesive end to the main conflicts it initiates, even if it leaves room or open ends to dovetail into a sequel. All the best movie series do (with the possible exception of the Lord of The Rings, but even that had some closure at the end of each film).

5. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

The con;s should win in one of the films, generically the 2nd one of the three.

What makes a film kind of boring for me is knowing that the good guys are GOING to win no matter what, its just how they do it that would make it bearable.

Having the cons win is something unexpected. Empire Strikes Back is my fave of the SW trilogy, probably because it did this.

6. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Cons = wins

7. jazzbot180

jazzbot180 Dino-Bot

I voted for yes, IMO, it'd be interesting to see them win for once.

8. Puck Hockey

Puck Hockey robots turn me on

I can see this point. So I take it you didn't like Empire Strikes Back nor the second Pirates of the Caribbean?

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    It depends on what the overall story is. Of course I want the 'Cons/antagonists to be a major threat and I want the Autobots to be overcome, but it sort of depends on the flow of the story.

I didn't even read the whole thing, but chances are that "THIS" is an appropriate answer. :lol 

10. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Didn't see the second pirates movie, but I imagine I would take issue with the ending, and Empire Strikes Back, while it fits best as a part of the trilogy, actually does work as a self-contained story. Luke finds yoda, trains, leaves to fight vader and saves his friends, only to be rescued himself. Granted, there's the most loose ends of any of the three original trilogy films, but it doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

11. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

if the cons win, they need to make one big story

12. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    lol!

i dont know i have to see who is the badguys are!!! then i will judge.

13. mandiprime97

mandiprime97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I wouldn't mind seeing the bad guys win for a change, but Bay or whoever's directing TF4 is probably going to make the Autobots win like always. But I could be wrong, so that's why this is a poll.

14. Seeker7

Seeker7 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I feel it should end in a cliffhanger. Like the con's leader(whoever) is about to blow Prime's head off.

15. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    ^ it should be a cliffhanger if the tf4-tf5 plan is a go

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    In the 2nd film, have them gain a huge advantage while the Autobots suffer a huge disadvantage ala Empire Strikes Back.

17. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

My man!