TF4 or Reboot

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by mattimus, Jul 6, 2011.

?

what would you rather see??

1. TF4

91 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. REBOOT

67 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Transformers Animated, Transformers Prime, Battlestar Glactica, Hawaii 5-0, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight, I just don't see reboots as automatically being a bad thing even if there are shows like V every so often.

2. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

Megatron isn't dead, he is destroyed! Let him go. Move on with Galvatron.

Unicron cannot work in live action. For my arguments on the subject, please read this. There plenty of unused characters in the Transformers universe to make way more movies and never need Unicron.

3. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would prefer a reboot as I didn't like 2 and 3 wasn't much better so I really can't see a 4th being better though with a new director and cast it could be good. I have seen alot of potential in the movieverse since the first film which would be nice to finally see on screen.
    Unicron would be epic. Considering these films rely on huge special effects spectacles, Unicron would be perfect.

4. Krueger

Krueger Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Either one would make me happy, but I would prefer a direct sequel. Base it a few years later, maybe about six to eight, bring in a whole new cast of characters, humans and robots alike, with a new director and production team, and there’s no reason whatsoever why it can’t be regarded as a reboot and a sequel. I think too much has been established to just start from a clean slate so soon.

Also, as I’m sure others have said, reboots only seem to come along in two scenarios: if the franchise in question has run out of steam, or if there are serious issues behind the scenes. Neither has befallen the Transformers franchise yet. DOTM has a good chance of hitting the billion mark, so Paramount and Hasbro will more than likely be of the opinion “Why fix what isn’t broken?”.

5. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Whether its a reboot or not, I want John Turturro back

6. Funnymerc

Funnymerc Well-Known Member

The trilogy ended well for me, although I will miss it I think its time for a reboot

7. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

For those suggesting Unicron, remember the scene where everyone was looking up and saw Cybertron in the sky? Nevermind the fact the its gravity alone would have ripped our planet apart, but just think of what would happen when if it had spoke! Imagine the damage the sound waves would have caused? The decibel level would have been off the charts! Every human would have ruptured their ear drums and who knows what else.

8. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Space Bridge technology doesn't give a shit to our laws of physics [Sentinel himself said that].

And Sound doesn't travel in space.

9. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

True. However, gravity applies everywhere. Also, you're right, sound does not travel in space. Therefore, unless Cybertron has some sort of atmosphere, Transformers can't talk.

10. Xhairs

Xhairs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i say reboot unless they have it more about the bots then the humans or i should say less sam and more nests.

11. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Except for the Space Bridge [Sentinel's own words: "Your laws of gravity and light alone cannot explain the logic of a Space Bridge"].

Cybertron probably had an atmosphere, but not Oxygen.
    Besides, Transformers have communicators, that's how they speak to each other in space.

12. jgoss

jgoss transformers fan 4 life

with all the decepticons killed off it's going to be hard to do a tf4 but we'll see

13. sideswipe88

sideswipe88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Reboot with different designs, alt modes etc.. even though I like the bayformer movies.

14. rodster6

rodster6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Come on, laws of physics and details like that mean nothing in these films. If Cybertron can be that close then so can Unicron. Not that he has to get that close or speak. Nor does he have to be as big as he was in G1. There are lots of ways to work Unicron if they change a few things here and there and ignore the odd bit of logic. It's not like these films haven't already done it in spades.

15. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Reboot, Optimus killed everyone. If there is a reboot, Justin Lin (Fast Five, Terminator 5) should direct it.

16. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

Cybertron does have an atmosphere.

17. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

Reboot. Run with the good and learn from the bad.

18. al91176

al91176 Decepticon

I could go either way myself. I don't really see them rebooting yet since the franchise is making so much $. Like others have said maybe a new director and new writing team would be fresh enough to feel like a reboot. One thing a reboot would be good for is giving a couple of my favorite childhood Decepticons (Devastator and Shockwave) a chance to do something rather than show up on screen a couple minutes and look cool. But if they continue I say bring on the Combaticons or Stunticons.

19. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I pray to Primus every single night that it'll be a reboot. A fourth one would just look phoned in now that they basically wrapped it up and killed all the main villains.

20. XxTopSpinxX

XxTopSpinxX Banned

The story of how the movies play out is good so i would say TF4

But i dont think it would hurt to do a reboot

But how about a prequel where its the war on cybertron

BECAUSE WITH HUMANS IN THE PICTURE THE SEIRES LICKS DEVESTATORS WRECKINK BALLS

But i love shia and most of the humans are okay but with jason sattham, and with mike bay out of the picture this movie is going to get better ratings and tranformers movies are supposed to make MR. ROGER EBERT CRAP HIS PANTS HAVE A STROKE AND GIVE IT A BAD RATING AND ALL TF FANS KNOW THAT IM RIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!

TF4 HERE WE COME