TF4: could Unicron make it possible?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Mixmastah, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Mixmastah

Mixmastah Scientist

News Credits:
    Do you think Unicron could play a role into making another storyline for TF4? (if they release it) Or a better question, who would you like too see direct and play the lead if there were a TF4 or a reboot?

2. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Leader of the Lost

News Credits:
    Totes not in South Bay, CA. Go away, NSA.
    i doubt it. everyone's dead and having another resurrection happen makes it seem stupid

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    THIS!!!

4. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Yes in the reboot.

5. Optimus1138

Optimus1138 Minecraft Addict

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt that he would work very well. He's just so big. In any shot where you could see all (or even most) of him in robot mode, the other characters would hardly (if at all) be visible.

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Nothing is impossible in movies these days. If someone finds a good way to do it then it will be done.

7. legolas grof

legolas grof Cardboard Industries CEO

News Credits:
    this lol! As long as there's money to be made...

8. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    The desire to make money can push even the worst ideas into production.

Not that I'm saying Unicron is a bad idea.

9. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Look at X-Men 3: the Last Stand, Rocky V, Batman and Robin and aww hell most sequels to movie franchises.

10. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime End of Days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Couldn't be any worse than the crap known as pirates 2,3, and 4

11. Gingerchris

News Credits:
    Indeed. No matter how bad an idea may seem to some there's always a worse idea already out there.

12. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think that Unicron would be a really tough sell. Sure Transformers fans could swing with it because most of us have encountered crazier ideas out of Transformers over the years. But can you really sell it to the general public who have had three movies to get the idea that the bad guys are "supposed" to be Megatron and Starscream who are both dead now.

Not only are new robots needed but you are going to need a new human star because it's unlikely Paramount would go for a Transformers film without a main human star.

Which is why I kind of like the reboot idea because it means that a new production can come in and do whatever they want instead of having to somehow fit all their ideas into the more limited options the first three movies left them.

13. Jochimus

Jochimus Well-Known Member

TF4 would have to make Unicron possible before Unicron could make TF4 possible.

Personally, though, I would avoid showing Unicron in any sort of physical form...except perhaps depicted in an ancient Cybertronian scrawl/carving/whatever (thus to whet whatever potential appetite Hasbro would have to make a toy out of him regardless) and keep him as an intangible and unseen demigod, with the Quints as his disciples as opposed to being the creators of the Transformer race.

14. AutobotDefender

AutobotDefender The Last Prime

What about having Galvatron (a totally different character from Megatron) gather the remaining Decepticons and be the new main villain? That would be cool enough. Probably bring Shockwave back. I don't think he died that easily, probably he's still alive.

Unicron could work, but only if he has a normal size like in the Cybertron (or Universe?) comics. The huge planet-eating planet could still be Unicron, but doesn't transform. Kind of like Shockwave and the Driller. I think they could do that since we've seen planet Cybertron on screen.

No ressurections. ROTF had 3 of them.

15. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    I could see Unicron being a part of the new trilogy, but not right away in TF4

And i really dont see any problem with all of the Decepticons thus far being dead. Nobody needs to be revived. Just introduce NEW decepticons. There's plenty to choose from!

Bring on Galvatron! Overlord! Cyclonus! Bludgeon! all them guys we've not seen yet!

16. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    I would love to see Unicron in a future trilogy too. If done correctly, he would be very believable, even to the general audience.

As I've said before in another thread, having a biological Earth-like planet transform into a robot would be the epitome of silly. But were it a mechanical planet in the mould of Cybertron instead, it would appear very convincing.

Just think of the Death Star in Star Wars. Something like that turning into a robot in the context of a Transformers universe wouldn't be too hard to sell.

17. Ruthie

Ruthie Well-Known Member

Folks, you gotta think outside of the box. The main reason some of desire Unicron as the next villain is because he represents the second iteration of G1, but these movies are not G1. And just because Megatron et al are dead doesn't mean that subsequent movies will be void of a valid Decepticon threat.

There are many, many ways to continue the series that stays within the parameters of the movie-verse while tweaking elements of the comics, G1 and G2 so they make sense for that presentation mode. For example, Unicron can be repackaged as part of a myth that the TFs developed, much like Zeus or Odin. And during quiet moments, the TFs can be sharing these stories with the NEST soldiers. A few animated scenes can bring these stories to life and - bing, bang, boom - Hasbro has toys to sell.

Another wave of Decepticons can present a challenge that is just as fearful, but uses more brains and less brute force. Humans can present a threat.

There are ways to do this that uphold TF lore and forward the movie-verse, without going down the dead end street of fanwank.

18. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    :thumbdown 

19. sharpy39

sharpy39 Sharpius Prime

News Credits:
    No.

20. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Galvatron or any other Decepticon you can name still comes back to the same problem of we accept them because we are Transformers fans but will the average Joe off the street with only the movies to go on accept a whole new cast of villains?

It could be why Stars Wars decided to go prequel films instead of sequel because you've have the problem of selling people on the idea of the villain not being Vader and the Emperor.

At some point I think you'd also need to really shake up the formula of the films because we've gotten pretty much the same film three times in a row. Decepticons show up looking for a magical McGuffin and then the Autobots and their Human allies kill enough Decepticons to end the movie. To keep things as is you'd have whatever replacement Decepticons we get show up and get killed for that happy ending each film in the series seems to need so we'd need even more replacement Decepticons next film.