TF4. Could David S. Goyer & Christopher Nolan make all hapy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think it comes down to what sort of death.

Do you get something epic like the death of Dinobot in Beast Wars or is it just sort of a throw away death like Jazz in the first movie? Do you get a death that seems like an important part of the story like Sarah Conner killing the Terminator or do the deaths feel like the writers were out of ideas so take the easy way of just killing until we've killed enough bad guys to end the movie?

All movie deaths aren't equal. Some are an epic part of a great story and other deaths are just eh I guess they were out of good ideas for a mediocre story. Some deaths are a heavy burden on the hero and other deaths are lets pander to the blood lust of some people. Some films find no glory in killing while other films want to emulate a Mortal Kombat game.

2. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    THIS

3. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

That's exactly how Bay viewed it a long time ago... ;) 

The evidence actually works against this argument (no offense), because B&R was considered a franchise killer, thus, Batman was beneath his scope when he agreed to reboot it. And yet, two movies later, he's done a heck of a lot more than bring the franchise back to life.

4. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I'd say pay close attention to Pacific Rim directed by Guillermo Del Toro, with giant robots and aliens, he could become the best choice for TF4.

5. Dropshot

News Credits:
    Oh dear god I can't believe you people can't still understand the argument in the killing discussion.

6. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

nolan isn't the answer to everything

7. Rodimus25

Rodimus25 Well-Known Member

Please enlighten me then... What is supposed to happen when you have opposing sides at war ?? Are they supposed to be civil ??spoiler...................... I just watched captian America kill repeatedly, threw one guy out of a plane... Struck another guy with a knife to the back... The setting was a war... So please enlighten me on what is supposed to happen in a war setting...

8. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

So you want to go all realistic when Decepticons can survive the 5,000 degrees Fahrenheit entry into Earth's atmosphere and impact a ship at around 20,000 miles per hour without a scratch but then fall prey to human weapons.

Sorry but if they were going all realistic with the whole war thing then there should be a lot more dead Autobots instead of such a lop sided fight. It's as much Hollywood fantasy as anything else they just happen to throw the word war around because it sounds cool.

10. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    True, but look at what Bay was doing pre-TF and look at what Nolan has done. Bay was landing people on meteors, completely fucking up WWII, having people chase down their own clones, and letting two cops blow the shit out of whatever they want. And then there's Nolan, whose film making resume speaks for itself. Comparing Bay to Nolan is like comparing a fast food drive-thru to a reputable high end restaurant.

Having said that, as much as I love Nolan's work and respect him as a master class director & writer, I wouldn't want him touching Transformers. It IS beneath him... and honestly, I don't think it's a world he could do much with anyway since his obvious interest when making movies is about being as cerebral and psychological as possible when it comes to his character & plot development. Bay, on the other hand, is about making things as big & loud as possible because "it's all for fun" and he aims for the lowest common easy-to-please demographic possible. He's like Walmart - he's the biggest & "best" of the worst... and he successfully makes a shit ton of money doing it.

11. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    And now to shut up all the wannabe film snobs in here:

According to an interview with Wally Pfister (Christopher Nolan's regular cinematographer) on Cinematical in June last year, Nolan is a big fan of Michael Bay movies.

*folds arms*

12. Dropshot

News Credits:
    It is not about killing in combat, of course there must be casualties in war, we all agree that Prime needed to kill his enemies, but the way he kills them, when they are already defeated, the battle over, and even pledging for a truce he executes them in the most brutal way posible. Even coming to the point that he hunts and kills any decepticon in sight withou asking questions, shooting inmedeatly to kill (like in shanghai).

Please tell me you can see there is a difference between killing in battle because you are defending yourself, and another is decapitating a beaten enemy after the battle is over who asks for a truce.

13. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    What I was saying was that since that time, Nolan has one on to become "The Christopher Nolan". He'd not take a step back, I don't think.

14. Rodimus25

But that's just the thing, this has been hashed out. It's primes duty as a defender of freedom to hunt down deceptions... Just like our army hunts down Terrorist.. It's better to be proactive than reactive... And the brutality by which he kills them, is nothing more than his weapons he uses in battle.. Just like Megs has a canon, and blade... Prime has his artillery ... As for the truce thing.. This has been done to death... Megs is public enemy #1.. if he is left alive, we are right back where we started.. It's not like prime snuck up behind him and stabbed him in the back!!!! ( see Megs revenge of the fallen)

15. tastytacoman23

tastytacoman23 Well-Known Member

He can make Transformers into an Oscar worthy film.

16. Slimshadow457

Slimshadow457 Well-Known Member

Like he didn't kill Harvey Dent? He didn't exactly fall on his own. He didn't want to, but he practically killed him.

17. Rodimus25

I may be wrong here, but I don't think Nolan has directed any oscar winning films.. I think 2 he was involved with got nominated, but none ever actually won.. I'm definitely in the minority on this, but I find a lot of his movies boring.. The dark knight is a great movie, but it's not one you just pop in and watch, it's something you have to really be in the mood to watch, otherwise it's a snooze fest.. Inception was ok, but nothing special.. I would take Peter Jackson, Spielberg , and Ridley Scott over Nolan.. I think I would even take JJ Abrahams over Nolan.. I'm just not a fan.. Nothing against the man, just don't care for his slow pace that doesn't pay off.. We couldn't really see the fights in begins and TDK and Rises the fights looked like choreographed dances..

18. Dillatron

Dillatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Inception won 4 Oscars: Best Cinematography, Best Sound Editing, Best Sound Mixing, and Best Visual Effects, and was nominated for four more: Best Picture, Best Original Score, Best Art Direction, and Best Original Screenplay.

19. swooper_d

swooper_d Active Member

I look at The Dark Knight Rises and I see a film easily as plot hole ridden and dumb as any of the transformers films.

20. Megatron276

Megatron276 destroyer

I don't care. As long as transformers is still popular. I actually like bays movies.