TF4. Could David S. Goyer & Christopher Nolan make all hapy

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by soundwaverulls, Jul 20, 2011.

1. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Sorry if someone has already suggested this.

One thing that TF Fans have been debating since 2009 is does Prime kill to much
    but I was thinking about how the last two Batman films have been pretty cool and well written but not only does Batman try not to kill when it's not necessary but in fact he never kills.

If David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan and someone who knows alot about Transformers if they don't writes and directs it we'd get Darknes, Voilence, a good story, good character development and a hero who almost never if not never at all kills.
    If Future Transformer films are as good as Batman Begins and The Dark Knight and have Optimuss never kill Who loses?

So who thinks David S. Goyer and Christopher Nolan should write and direct TF4 and maybe have someone who knows alot about TF should write and direct TF4?

2. Fitch

Fitch Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not me.

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    me i hate batman begins and dark knight is alright to me, so no, i wouldn't really like it

4. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Just out of interest then, what do you think should happen to all those naughty Decepticons who would quite happily mush you and all you loved ones into puree?

I agree with all the rest though, if another Transformers movie is to be made, I want to see a lot better character development, and quite frankly that can easily be achieved by letting the Transformers be able to talk whilst in vehicle mode, which is my major bugbear of the entire trilogy.

5. Crainy

Crainy Well-Known Member

Christopher Nolan has yet to proof that he is really good at character development. Sure, he has made great movies, but most of them stand out on different fronts like story telling.

6. ambi889

ambi889 Well-Known Member

I doubt Chris Nolan would want to direct Transformers 4 considering he has other projects lined up.

7. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

Maybe I should have looked that up first.:banghead: 

8. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

Scrap!!!

9. Megabattimus

Megabattimus Same As It Ever Was

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    This.

10. tpainzbro

tpainzbro Well-Known Member

Nolan is good at telling good stories. But aside from his central characters he fails to develop any supporting ones. TDK was actually his best work at developing his characters.

11. One

One Well-Known Member

It'll be awesome to see Nolan or Goyer tackle the Transformers movies and to see what their version would look like but I highly doubt it will happen seeing how both have movies they would like to do but one never knows for sure whats in the future.

12. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I love Batman Begins & The Dark Knight, but I don't see this pair working on Transformers. Scratch that, Goyer could be involved with Transformers some day. That's a possible. But Nolan? It'll never happen. The man makes Oscar films. You will not find him touching the Transformers franchise.

13. Facemeat

Facemeat Give me your Face(meat)!

...Why? It's not like Batman was an esteemed film franchise before he got his hands on it...in fact, I think it was far more hated than the Transformers films are now. I don't think it would be that much of a stretch, and I'd love to see it.

14. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Nolan movies mostly deal with the Mind...purposely making you think after the movie is done. His character development are awesome...

With Nolan, Optimus Prime Will Dream of an Electric Sheep and Pull an Inception...

15. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    Was hated after "Batman & Robin", but after Nolan turned it around...he has gone on to only make exceptionally well-regarded films, often nominated for Oscars. He wouldn't take a step back. Not saying he wouldn't be great, but I'm sure it's a franchise that would be viewed as, shall we say, beneath his current scope.

Character development is what the Bay films are sorely, SORELY lacking. But, as much as I'd like to see it, it won't happen. These are popcorn movies, and studios don't want that.

The Dark Knight is a rare, rare exception...a movie that is insanely popular with both fans AND the masses, features a fantastic story, acting and character development...and still made huge, huge box office. It's rare to see a popcorn property reach those heights. I'm not opposed to it for Transformers, but given the huge success of the franchise as a brainless action series, we're not going to get a Nolanized take on it. I'd very much doubt it.

16. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

Why Nolan is a Badass:
    - Nolan tends keep his movie plot and story in secret.
    - Always preferring the less media tabloid stars for his film (look what happened to Katie Holmes).
    - Chooses Actors/Actress with talents over tabloid magnets.
    - Nolan's camera team also does the best city-scape shots on film.
    - Nolan loves IMAX Cameras

Nolan is perfect.

17. Mospeada

Mospeada Since '84

News Credits:
    I absolutely agree with everything you just said. He also dislikes 3-d. Because it's simply a gimmick.

18. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

thanks...his only movie that might have benefit from 3D was Inception...but that is for another thread...lol

19. qwerty

qwerty Well-Known Member

forgot to mention that Nolan likes using Hans Zimmer as the movie composer...

Steve Jablonksy and Hans Zimmer practically uses the same music...

20. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather have him direct the reboot, so he can make his charecters start fresh and asserte itself that this is not Bayformers.