TF4 and Bayhem

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do people expect the movies to get better with the same director? He's had three movies to portray the transformers as equal characters and he's never bothered once.

You people must not have fingerprints after touching that hot stove so much.

2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    If there's one thing I've learned from ROTF it's not to get your hopes up too high when it comes to the TF films. Not saying they are bad but I've learned by then that if you don't expect too much to get better you won't be as dissapointed. That's why even though DOTM is a much better film then ROTF but not as good as the 1st film it still ahs the same problems though it was fixed. If the 4th film does improve the flaws greatly then DOTM then it'll be a pleasent suprise!:) 

So if it does improve great,if not then it's no big loss.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF4 is either gonna be the best one of them all of the worse. On one hand this is Bay's chance to get it right, on the other hand the series has already made enough money that Bay will just BS it and do whatever he wants in the movie like ROTF. Until the movie comes out, it's gonna be complete speculation on how good it's gonna be.

4. Optimus Dime

Optimus Dime Transform and Roll Out!

5. Pauly T

Pauly T Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I know why the dude gets work. His movies come in on time and under budget and make fistfuls of cash at the box office. That said, I have never seen a movie directed by Michael Bay, TF or otherwise, that I would categorize as "good". They are full of paper-thin characters, even thinner plots, clunky dialogue, rather monotonous pyrotechnics, and "glamor"-style cinematography and editing that, at this point, boarders on self-parody. I had come to that conclusion well before 2007. In fact the ONLY reason I've subjected myself to Michael Bay's last 3 movies is because they featured TFs.

Comparatively, "Pain & Gain" or whatever it's called will not seen as anything more than less successful than Bay's previous three films, so by signing onto TF4 now, he's already has his "comeback" in his back pocket.

Right now, Michael Bay does not exist to me outside his connection to TF movies. If he ever becomes permanently severed from the franchise, he will cease to be as far as I'm concerned. Conversely, if Bay decides to become "The TF Guy" and commits to being an ongoing fixture in the live-action TF movie series, I'll seriously have to reconsider my movie-viewing strategies...

6. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    My thoughts exactly.